How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

They're one of just a few teams with a perfect record. They've now won 15 games straight and without Dungy. The Vikings just went down at the hands of the Steelers, too. What a weekend! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Nomad

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by Nomad »

G-man;1256217 wrote: How 'bout 'dem Colts!

They're one of just a few teams with a perfect record. They've now won 15 games straight and without Dungy. The Vikings just went down at the hands of the Steelers, too. What a weekend! :D

Youre killing me.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1256226 wrote: Youre killing me.

he who laughs last!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

This will be one of Peyton's best years ever his is on the money this season.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

ZAP

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by ZAP »

CARLA;1256244 wrote: This will be one of Peyton's best years ever his is on the money this season.

Yes, he is consistently good.
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

Peyton just continues getting better and better, so does his brother in New York.

Everyone contributed to this win, though.

Nomad

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by Nomad »

Dan Marino

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Brett Favre

Bart Starr

Dan Fouts

Joe Theisman

Len Dawson

Bob Griese

Roger Staubach

Troy Aikman

Fran Tarkenton

Warren Moon

Peyton Manning will appear mixed in with the names above as one of the greatest qb's to play the game.
I AM AWESOME MAN
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

Peyton was 23/34 passing for 235 yards and three touchdowns.

The Indianapolis Colts continue their perfect record. They are 8-0 now! :D

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

The Bengals are going to win the Superbowl so you're all wasting your breath!

Ben-Gals Cheerleaders Home

Attached files
K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1261002 wrote: The Bengals are going to win the Superbowl so you're all wasting your breath!

Ben-Gals Cheerleaders Home

Sorry, I can't help meself!!!!!!! :yh_blushes!!!!!!!

:wah:

:yh_winks!!!!!!!

:yh_kisses!!!!!!!
Raven

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by Raven »

Nomad;1256992 wrote: Dan Marino

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Brett Favre

Bart Starr

Dan Fouts

Joe Theisman

Len Dawson

Bob Griese

Roger Staubach

Troy Aikman

Fran Tarkenton

Warren Moon

Peyton Manning will appear mixed in with the names above as one of the greatest qb's to play the game.
You forgot John Elway on that list. :-4 Broncos!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

Tonight is THE game of the year! The undefeated Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots! It should be a really exciting matchup... or two really great teams cancel each other out and it ends up being a really boring game. :wah:

CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

I'm thinking it will be a barn burner. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;1263028 wrote: I'm thinking it will be a barn burner. :-6

I don't think it will.

Certainly be a good game but their defenses are both too good to put up more than 65.
CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

By barn burner I mean a battle to the last play. So far Brady is on a roll and throwing great 23-7 yikes wake up Colts.. :-2
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;1263045 wrote: By barn burner I mean a battle to the last play. So far Brady is on a roll and throwing great 23-7 yikes wake up Colts.. :-2

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant high scoring...

:yh_wink

:yh_kiss
CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

So far the Pat's have out played the Colts 31-14. I'm thinking the Colts will have their first loss of the season tonight. But it ain't over till its over. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

Now that was a barn burner way to go Manning. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;1263053 wrote: Now that was a barn burner way to go Manning. :-6

This game will be talked about for years
ZAP

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by ZAP »

wow!!
librtyhead

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by librtyhead »

Oh my crusty shorts! The humility or was that the humidity......whatever it was it was a "barn burner" I will use that as my favorite term until another comes up. Thanks Carla!:wah:
K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

Zapata;1263055 wrote: wow!!

I can't believe Belichick could have been so stupid to make that call.

Absolutely dumbest call in the history of the game. Has to be.
librtyhead

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by librtyhead »

It was stupid but if all of Belichick's calls were figured in he would still be above average. Hey......I have to look at the bright side. But the Colts DO look good right now.
CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

I don't like Belichick he is arrogant. Dumb, dumb call but I think he is dumb sorry can't stand the man. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

Woooo!!!

Despite the seemingly impossible odds... I had hope in those last few minutes knowing that the previous three games were won by coming from behind. The Colts played flawlessly during those past few minutes and both offense and defense just clicked in the clutch. Now if only they'd played like that for a full four quarters and scoring touchdowns every two minutes. :wah:

35-34 Colts. What a game!!! :D

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

librtyhead;1263060 wrote: It was stupid but if all of Belichick's calls were figured in he would still be above average. Hey......I have to look at the bright side. But the Colts DO look good right now.

Well, to be honest, I think the Colts haven't played anyone this year with the exception of New England, from whom the Colts would have lost if Belichick would have punted.

Colts have a cake schedule all year. They barely beat Jacksonville by two and the Texans by 3. The rest are teams with real problems

Colts still have alot to prove in my mind.

New England lost that game the Colts didn't win it
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

K.Snyder;1263908 wrote: Well, to be honest, I think the Colts haven't played anyone this year with the exception of New England, from whom the Colts would have lost if Belichick would have punted.

Colts have a cake schedule all year. They barely beat Jacksonville by two and the Texans by 3. The rest are teams with real problems

Colts still have alot to prove in my mind.

New England lost that game the Colts didn't win it

Yadda, yadda, yadda... :wah: How many other teams could come out with a win being as far behind as the Colts were in the fourth quarter? The result would have been the same punt or no punt as far as statistics are concerned as the Colts O and D were firing on all cylinders at the end. Don't forget that a few key players were injured and the Colts do have the longest winning streak at 18 games which is also the second longest winning streak in history that they share with New England.

I'm curious to see that upcoming matchup between the Colts and the Bengals cheerleaders. :yh_rotfl

CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

KS a W is a win doesn't matter how its is a WIN. Belichick screwed up the COLTS took advantage of that mistake and WON THE GAME.. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

G-man;1263965 wrote: Yadda, yadda, yadda... :wah: How many other teams could come out with a win being as far behind as the Colts were in the fourth quarter? The result would have been the same punt or no punt as far as statistics are concerned as the Colts O and D were firing on all cylinders at the end. Don't forget that a few key players were injured and the Colts do have the longest winning streak at 18 games which is also the second longest winning streak in history that they share with New England.

I'm curious to see that upcoming matchup between the Colts and the Bengals cheerleaders. :yh_rotfl

The Colts were 5 for 12 on 3rd down efficiency. There's absolutely no reason to believe they could have marched down the field and scored inside of 2 minutes. They barely won with the clock close to zero from starting on the NE 30 so they would have definitely lost. No question
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

Oh, C'mon K! Definitely? No question? You know this beyond a doubt from that single stat? NOBODY knows what would've happened had New England punted! :yh_rotfl

Most statistics say that they would have won whether they punted or not. I suppose that we will never know for certain. Regardless, they got the W yet again! :D To be honest, I believe these close games are going to make them better prepared for the playoffs.

Colts are now 10-0

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

G-man;1265820 wrote: Oh, C'mon K! Definitely? No question? You know this beyond a doubt from that single stat? NOBODY knows what would've happened had New England punted! :yh_rotfl

Most statistics say that they would have won whether they punted or not. I suppose that we will never know for certain. Regardless, they got the W yet again! :D To be honest, I believe these close games are going to make them better prepared for the playoffs.

Colts are now 10-0

Oh really G-man? "Most statistics"?

Here

Colts-Patriots Rivalry Stats

Regular season

Patriots wins - 42

Colts wins - 28

In the past 8 meetings between the two teams the Patriots leads the series 5 games to 3(Would have been 2 if they'd have punted to NE's 6)

Colts?Patriots rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considering that the Colts barely won on a single play after the clock had expired from starting at the NE 30 yard line, punting the ball, by this logic, would have definitely ended in a Pats win

No question
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

Yes. I know all about statistics, K and I can tell you that nothing is definite. There is no way that anyone can predict for certain what may have happened in any situation. It's simply impossible.

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

G-man;1265902 wrote: Yes. I know all about statistics, K and I can tell you that nothing is definite. There is no way that anyone can predict for certain what may have happened in any situation. It's simply impossible.

What is definite is to make decisions based off of favorable statistics makes any given situation favorable
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

K.Snyder;1265905 wrote: What is definite is to make decisions based off of favorable statistics makes any given situation favorable

That's obvious. You know there are experts who believe that Belichick made the safe choice by going for it when it was such a short distance. I'm reasonably certain that how well the Colt's were playing there in the fourth quarter weighed heavily in his decision. What he did was make the Colts have to win the game. After all, what were the odds that the Colts would score yet another TD in a matter of a few minutes? The Colts have been playing these barn burners as if their very lives were at stake. They were going to do everything possible to win this game and that's simply what they did. Luck, skill, momentum and home field advantage factored into it all, too.

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

G-man;1265909 wrote: After all, what were the odds that the Colts would score yet another TD in a matter of a few minutes?

So then how would it be logical to take a chance on giving them a starting position on the Pats' 30 yard line compared to punting the ball and having the Colts march 40 extra yards(4 more first downs) to score a TD? They scored on the last play of the game from which punting the ball would have seen the Colts stop short 10 yards behind their original starting point. Wasn't logical
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

K.Snyder;1265912 wrote: So then how would it be logical to take a chance on giving them a starting position on the Pats' 30 yard line compared to punting the ball and having the Colts march 40 extra yards(4 more first downs) to score a TD? They scored on the last play of the game from which punting the ball would have seen the Colts stop short 10 yards behind their original starting point. Wasn't logical

Assuming that the Colts only gain ten yards with each first down... :wah:

All stats are out the window in today's game! I called this one as the Colts first loss. The Texans are terrible this year, but they match up well with the Colts and they are desperate. I wasn't the least bit surprised to see Houston go up 14 zip in the first minutes of the game. It could've been 24 zip. :wah:

The Colts got lucky on a penalty, which I disagreed with as there was no way that pass could've been caught, but then the Texans got called on a few more mistakes and Indianapolis is right back in it.

[EDIT] Indy just took the lead with a Dallas Clark TD! :D

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

G-man;1267535 wrote: Assuming that the Colts only gain ten yards with each first down... :wah:

All stats are out the window in today's game! I called this one as the Colts first loss. The Texans are terrible this year, but they match up well with the Colts and they are desperate. I wasn't the least bit surprised to see Houston go up 14 zip in the first minutes of the game. It could've been 24 zip. :wah:

The Colts got lucky on a penalty, which I disagreed with as there was no way that pass could've been caught, but then the Texans got called on a few more mistakes and Indianapolis is right back in it.

[EDIT] Indy just took the lead with a Dallas Clark TD! :D

The Colts struggling to win against the Texans only proves New England should have punted that ball. :yh_wink
Nomad

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by Nomad »

10-0 is 10-0

The Dolphins record has been brought up again. I dont think it should be though considering there were only 12 regular season games then.

Then theres New Orleans. Quite a year for a number of high caliber teams this year.
I AM AWESOME MAN
K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

If both Indy and NO go undefeated heading into the playoffs I think it would be the best Superbowl in the History of the game to see Indy play NO.

So if one of them loses I will be pulling for Minnesota big time because I respect Favre. Could be worse for Favre. He could be on the verge of retiring without a Superbowl win like many before him.

On that, Cincy is my team and you all have to beat them to get there
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

K.Snyder;1267624 wrote: The Colts struggling to win against the Texans only proves New England should have punted that ball. :yh_wink
:wah:

Nomad;1267654 wrote: 10-0 is 10-0

The Dolphins record has been brought up again. I dont think it should be though considering there were only 12 regular season games then.

Then theres New Orleans. Quite a year for a number of high caliber teams this year.
Two undefeateds would be very interesting. A Superbowl W is all that will matter in the end, though. :p

K.Snyder;1267672 wrote: If both Indy and NO go undefeated heading into the playoffs I think it would be the best Superbowl in the History of the game to see Indy play NO.

So if one of them loses I will be pulling for Minnesota big time because I respect Favre. Could be worse for Favre. He could be on the verge of retiring without a Superbowl win like many before him.

On that, Cincy is my team and you all have to beat them to get there
I'm not so sure about that... it could make for a very boring game. I'd rather see a barn-burner! :D

Minnesota looked pretty good last night.

K.Snyder

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by K.Snyder »

G-man;1267780 wrote: :wah:

Two undefeateds would be very interesting. A Superbowl W is all that will matter in the end, though. :p

I'm not so sure about that... it could make for a very boring game. I'd rather see a barn-burner! :D

Minnesota looked pretty good last night.

Indy and New Orleans have the best two offenses in the league(Not to discredit Minnesota, :thinking:and Cincy for that matter even though I'm probably a bit biased(They do have a great offense)) and on top of them both being undefeated will ensure a perfect record like the Patriots failed to achieve two years ago.

Would most certainly be unprecedented.
G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

K.Snyder;1268399 wrote: A and New Orleans have the best two offenses in the league(Not to discredit Minnesota, :thinking:and Cincy for that matter even though I'm probably a bit biased(They do have a great offense)) and on top of them both being undefeated will ensure a perfect record like the Patriots failed to achieve two years ago.

Would most certainly be unprecedented.

It certainly would be unprecedented. I'm not convinced that other than on paper Indy and Nola have the best offenses, however. Indy certainly isn't consistent, but then they do have a new coach and numerous key players have been injured. They're somehow finding ways to win and sometimes at seemingly impossible odds. That's very dangerous. Indy has the division championship and should get the bye... they will have the easiest route to the big game.

The question is... will the new coach take Dungy's lead and rest the starters for the rest of December or will he allow them to play?

I believe that Minnesota and San Diego aren't doing too bad and how about Tennessee lately?

Nomad

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by Nomad »

G-man;1269099 wrote: I believe that Minnesota and San Diego aren't doing too bad

Really?

How kind of you to say so.

If they had not have lost that 1 game perhaps you could have put them into the "sorta ok" category.

Attached files
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

Easy Viking boy we know how good your your team is. The only team better is New Orleans Drew Breese is something else right now. :-6

[QUOTE]Really?

How kind of you to say so.

If they had not have lost that 1 game perhaps you could have put them into the "sorta ok" category[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;1269308 wrote: Easy Viking boy we know how good your your team is. The only team better is New Orleans Drew Breese is something else right now. :-6

He got all up in my grill. He desecrated my purple place. He came into my house and threw implied mediocrity around like it was beer at a frat house.

He tracked Colt crap into my dome.

We cant have that.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

Absolutely no desecration of Nomad's purple place. :wah: It goes with out saying Colt crap will not cross your dome what the hell was G-man. :lips:

[QUOTE]He got all up in my grill. He desecrated my purple place. He came into my house and threw implied mediocrity around like it was beer at a frat house. He tracked Colt crap into my dome.

We cant have that.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by Nomad »

The G ster threw stink at me.

Im just sayin...
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by CARLA »

Yikes edited and corrected G - ster was the stink thrower. :D

[QUOTE]Absolutely no desecration of Nomad's purple place. It goes with out saying Colt crap will not cross your dome what the hell was G-man. [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

Colts: 11-0 Purple peoples: 10-1

That's all I'm sayin'. :D

G-man

How 'bout 'dem Colts!

Post by G-man »

CARLA;1269331 wrote: Absolutely no desecration of Nomad's purple place. :wah: It goes with out saying Colt crap will not cross your dome what the hell was G-man. :lips:

A lil' blue poop never hurt anybody. :yh_rotfl

Return to “Sports”