city not to apeal against adebayor ban the AA grumpy column

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

good evening from a rather tired grumps tonight.

now i dont usually do sport that often ( you hate football grumps ED)

but heres a little something what caught the sceptic not septic eye of the grumps.

MANCHESTER CITY have confirmed they will not appeal the violent conduct charge against Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Togo striker had until 6pm this evening to respond to the charge and, in accepting it, has effectively condemned himself to a three-match ban.

The FA's disciplinary panel will formally sit in judgment tomorrow. But the punishment for such offences is automatic and it seems unlikely there will be any change in that stance.

Adebayor was brought to book over his stamp on former Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie in City's 4-2 win on Saturday.

City have yet to decide whether to contest the improper conduct charge also dished out to Adebayor for his goal celebration in front of the Gunners' support at Eastlands.

Adebayor will definitely miss Sunday's Manchester derby, the Carling Cup tie with Fulham next Wednesday and the Premier League meeting with West Ham on September 28.

Should he then be punished for the second charge, he could find himself banned again.

City rule out Ade appeal | The Sun |Sport|Football

AAG

theres still far to much thuggery in the football game not just on the terraces but also on the pitch with overpaid players who earn more a week than the average family do in a month.

a three match ban is a paltry sentence for stamping on another teams player

a three month ban would be more apropriate and let adebayor live on his savings as no wages come from the club this would send out the message that violent thuggish behaviour from professional players will not be tolerated.

remember the slogan lets kick violence out of football it needs to apply not just on the terraces but in the dressing rooms and pitch as well.
abbey

Post by abbey »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Oh what a happy camper I am!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I can not comment on this thread as It involves teams that I have no respect for and my paid membership to the Galatasaray fan club prohibits me from speaking favourably about English football.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Sports”