Will you be going to the Olympics in the uk?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

I have volunteered to be help out at the Olympics which is being held next in the UK. Are any of you going? What would be the event you would choose to watch?
gmc

Post by gmc »

you're assuming we won't be bankrupt by then and the Olympics cancelled.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Not likely.
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

gmc;1224350 wrote: you're assuming we won't be bankrupt by then and the Olympics cancelled.

No, the olympic committee and government will dig deep to get the funds.

We always manage to get there in the end. And.. i expect we wont have a very elaborate opening ceremony. But hey the way the swimmers and divers are performing at the moment in the UK, we will be glistening with gold medals. :-6

I cant wait.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Nope . Was going to but was told to stay away. Plus the rents will be astronomical in hotels and rentals at that time.

No, the olympic committee and government will dig deep to get the funds.

Ahh so like everywhere else in the world. Londoners and tax payers will be paying for it for years to come.

India is not looking good for the commonwealth games at the moment.

But hey the way the swimmers and divers are performing at the moment in the UK, we will be glistening with gold medals.

Where's my BWAHAHAHAH dog.? ahh here he is

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1224450 wrote: Nope . Was going to but was told to stay away. Plus the rents will be astronomical in hotels and rentals at that time.

Ahh so like everywhere else in the world. Londoners and tax payers will be paying for it for years to come.

India is not looking good for the commonwealth games at the moment.

Where's my BWAHAHAHAH dog.? ahh here he is

This is the East end of London Fuzz.......... There is no way a starting pistol can be fired without some-one returning fire.

The equestrian team will come back from a tea break to find the horse up on bricks.

There will be 'pedestrian activity'.

We will fail miserably and be the embarressment of the world.

While digging the foundations, the location of Jack The Hat McVitie will be found.

The Queen will disolve parliment.

But hey, The rolling Stones are playing live in the opening ceremony. :guitarist:guitarist
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1224454 wrote: This is the East end of London Fuzz.......... There is no way a starting pistol can be fired without some-one returning fire.

The equestrian team will come back from a tea break to find the horse up on bricks.

We will fail miserably and be the embarressment of the world.

While digging the foundations, the location of Jack The Hat McVitie will be found.

The Queen will disolve parliment.

But hey, The rolling Stones are playing live in the opening ceremony. :guitarist:guitarist

Aren't they lucky? no worries about parking they will be able to use their oap's bus pass.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1224456 wrote: Aren't they lucky? no worries about parking they will be able to use their oap's bus pass. Yeah, they can borrow yours. :D
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

If my Niece makes the "2012 US Women's National Olympic Soccer Team" again I'm planning on being there. She was on the 2008 US Gold Medal Women's Soccer team hopefully she will make the team again. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

NNNNNOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I'm still traumitised by that you know.

But hey, The rolling Stones are playing live in the opening ceremony.

Now that's something to look forward to. Aging drug addicts poncing around.
Oscar Namechange

CARLA;1224460 wrote: If my Niece makes the "2012 US Women's National Olympic Soccer Team" again I'm planning on being there. She was on the 2008 US Gold Medal Women's Soccer team hopefully she will make the team again. :-6 I remember the link you put on about her. Carla, if she makes it, please make sure you tell us what she is doing. There is every chance she could be on the BBC tv. I'd love to see her play.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

lou lou belle;1224312 wrote: I have volunteered to be help out at the Olympics which is being held next in the UK. Are any of you going? What would be the event you would choose to watch?

You are paying for my plane tix right & hotel right? In that case, I'll be looking forward to watching the javalin throwing.:wah:
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

qsducks;1224572 wrote: You are paying for my plane tix right & hotel right? In that case, I'll be looking forward to watching the javalin throwing.:wah:

Really confused by this response, why would i be paying for your plane tix and hotel? and whats funny about the javalin throwing. I really dont know why that is so funny.:confused:
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

lou lou belle;1224939 wrote: Really confused by this response, why would i be paying for your plane tix and hotel? and whats funny about the javalin throwing. I really dont know why that is so funny.:confused:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

nevermind ducky.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

lou lou belle;1224312 wrote: I have volunteered to be help out at the Olympics which is being held next in the UK. Are any of you going? What would be the event you would choose to watch?

More likely to be renting the flat out and legging it for three weeks holiday :-)
spot

Post by spot »

I'm still trying to grasp the notion that the London Olympics will be using volunteers instead of paid staff. The budget must be even more stretched than I'd imagined.

The whole thing's going to be crawling with armed police, the last place I want to be is within range of a plod squad carrying machine guns. I walked round the corner of the Bullring once to find two of them proudly caressing their armaments, it petrified me.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1225317 wrote: I'm still trying to grasp the notion that the London Olympics will be using volunteers instead of paid staff. The budget must be even more stretched than I'd imagined.

The whole thing's going to be crawling with armed police, the last place I want to be is within range of a plod squad carrying machine guns. I walked round the corner of the Bullring once to find two of them proudly caressing their armaments, it petrified me.
They were probably the one's with very small penis's Spot.

Besides, You'll be fine.... Your not Brazilian.
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

fuzzywuzzy;1225237 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

nevermind ducky.

No really, i would like to be part of the joke, as i started the thread.

Perhaps i am not that in tune with your sense of humour so i feel that you could be curteous enough to enlighten me on whats so funny?

If you cant explain it, then i think that your behaviour on this forum is a tad childish.
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

oscar;1225322 wrote: They were probably the one's with very small penis's Spot.

Oh yes, what a highly intelligent response.

The small penis remark.... yawn, yawn.

Can we get back to the Olympics thread and not using every oppertunity to slate the police. Otherwise members of the FG might think your getting a little obsessive. Let it go, move on etc.. its not good for you.:)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

lou lou belle;1225459 wrote: No really, i would like to be part of the joke, as i started the thread.

Perhaps i am not that in tune with your sense of humour so i feel that you could be curteous enough to enlighten me on whats so funny?

If you cant explain it, then i think that your behaviour on this forum is a tad childish.
:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Behaviour on forum is childish :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Holy heck how many of us have had bad days and can count ourselves in that catagory ...

It's not childish Lou Lou it's humour . ducky is making the statement she wouldn't be able to afford to go to the olympics. So she's nominating you to pay for it . It's called sarcasm, Parody, riddle, limerick, anicdote, ironic musing..................get it?

Why am I explaining a joke?:-5

And the proper responce would be........." Oh, I get it...ha ha ha ahaaaa"
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I would watch the swimming competition if I went. Go and sit by Phelp's mom, she's a nice lady, we all know her here. (same school district)

Who's volunteering to put us all up? :wah:

Is Minks going to go to the winter Olympics, that is not too far away for her to go and see.
Oscar Namechange

lou lou belle;1225460 wrote: Oh yes, what a highly intelligent response.

The small penis remark.... yawn, yawn.

Can we get back to the Olympics thread and not using every oppertunity to slate the police. Otherwise members of the FG might think your getting a little obsessive. Let it go, move on etc.. its not good for you.:)
You obviousley have no experience of forums either. Once a thread is posted, it becomes public. Yes, we do like to stick to topic on threads but as your thread was about police at the Olympics, I think you'll find that the posts were of the topic of the police at the Olympics. Why do you seem to have such a problem with that? :wah:

Talking of threads, sorry but once anyone has posted a thread, they do not own them. However, maybe you would like to return to your thread about the role of a police officer and answer Spot's post about honesty in the force???????????????????????????????????????
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

oscar;1225322 wrote: They were probably the one's with very small penis's Spot.

Ah yes the one other from Spot, bet you could,nt wait to get a reply in there, very sad indeed , like i said you need to let it go, move on, its not good for you to to hold on to such hate for one part of the community.:-6

Like your other half said before you have a lot of relatives that are police officers, maybe loyality to them should be key, just to respect what THEY do.
Oscar Namechange

lou lou belle;1225528 wrote: Ah yes the one other from Spot, bet you could,nt wait to get a reply in there, very sad indeed , like i said you need to let it go, move on, its not good for you to to hold on to such hate for one part of the community.:-6

Like your other half said before you have a lot of relatives that are police officers, maybe loyality to them should be key, just to respect what THEY do.
:wah: There you go again, selective reading. Are you not taking this thread off topic? :rolleyes:

If you read all the posts, you will see that we have both written that we do respect most police officers. Perhaps you would care to return to your thread and answer Spot's question on police honesty? You will find that the general trend on this forum, is that if you post a thread and are asked questions, it is common curtesy to answer members.
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

oscar;1225531 wrote: :wah: There you go again, selective reading. Are you not taking this thread off topic? :rolleyes:

If you read all the posts, you will see that we have both written that we do respect most police officers. Perhaps you would care to return to your thread and answer Spot's question on police honesty? You will find that the general trend on this forum, is that if you post a thread and are asked questions, it is common curtesy to answer members.

i only answer ones that need to be answered. I think you are a tad paranoid, you seem to be following my threads and checking my replies..... weird, anything to hide or is re-invention allowed for anyone on this forum? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

lou lou belle;1225544 wrote: i only answer ones that need to be answered. I think you are a tad paranoid, you seem to be following my threads and checking my replies..... weird, anything to hide or is re-invention allowed for anyone on this forum? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl So why do you feel you don't have the need to answer the question put to you about police honesty? You wouldn't be hiding anything would you?

As for trolling you.... grow up you silly little girl......... check how many other threads and posts i respond to. That's because every one here is interested in all topics other than the police.
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

oscar;1225546 wrote: So why do you feel you don't have the need to answer the question put to you about police honesty? You wouldn't be hiding anything would you?

As for trolling you.... grow up you silly little girl......... check how many other threads and posts i respond to. That's because every one here is interested in all topics other than the police.

I dont think they are, its just your little group, who quite frankly dont have a nice word to say about the police, its just so one sided and pathetic.

Who do you think you are to talk on behalf of everyone on this forum. Careful your crowns slipping.:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1225237 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

nevermind ducky.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

qsducks;1225578 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl It's OK ducks.... we all knew what you meant :rolleyes: It's called humour :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

lou lou belle;1224939 wrote: Really confused by this response, why would i be paying for your plane tix and hotel? and whats funny about the javalin throwing. I really dont know why that is so funny.:confused:

Darn it, the plane tix have not arrived yet via UPS:confused: and no hotel confirmation yet.:-5
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Please can we just keep to the topic as per the OP ? It gets very tiring and not a little boring when members feel they have to bicker about mostly unimportant trivialities.

Right.....................................

Will you be going to the Olympics in the UK ?

Well, neither will I be going to the Olympics in the UK (cos I'm broke !), nor will I be going to the Olympics in any other country (cos I'm still broke !) . ------------ I will be watching as much of it as possible on the TV (cos I've paid my licence and it won't cost me anything !) :-6 :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

G#Gill;1225585 wrote: Please can we just keep to the topic as per the OP ? It gets very tiring and not a little boring when members feel they have to bicker about mostly unimportant trivialities.

Right.....................................

Will you be going to the Olympics in the UK ?

Well, neither will I be going to the Olympics in the UK (cos I'm broke !), nor will I be going to the Olympics in any other country (cos I'm still broke !) . ------------ I will be watching as much of it as possible on the TV (cos I've paid my licence and it won't cost me anything !) :-6 :)

Thank you i have constantly trying to do this, but it appears that a certain members want to include controversial topics.

I am actually volenteering, i have no idea, what this involves at the moment. It will be great to be there for the opening ceremony. i cant wait
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

G#Gill;1225585 wrote: B]Will you be going to the Olympics in the UK ?

Well, neither will I be going to the Olympics in the UK (cos I'm broke !), nor will I be going to the Olympics in any other country (cos I'm still broke !) . ------------ I will be watching as much of it as possible on the TV (cos I've paid my licence and it won't cost me anything !) : -6 : )

No, I haven't time. I won't be watching much on TV, either, for that reason!
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

lou lou belle;1225633 wrote: ............

I am actually volenteering, i have no idea, what this involves at the moment. It will be great to be there for the opening ceremony. i cant wait

So when you say UK does that mean different things will be hosted in different countries of the UK or is it like saying the United States but really they were held in one state inside the US?

I don't get out a lot, can you tell?:o:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

flopstock;1225693 wrote: So when you say UK does that mean different things will be hosted in different countries of the UK or is it like saying the United States but really they were held in one state inside the US?

:wah: No FS....... It's all in the UK but I think LLB assumed that some people would have no idea where the olympics were being held this time round. You must watch it on tv and see Britain fail miserably as usual at everything. The US will go home with all the golds and I'm willing to put money on that :D
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

oscar;1225695 wrote: :wah: No FS....... It's all in the UK but I think LLB assumed that some people would have no idea where the olympics were being held this time round. You must watch it on tv and see Britain fail miserably as usual at everything. The US will go home with all the golds and I'm willing to put money on that :D

But I don't have any idea:o.. are some events in scotland, some in wales, some in england or are all in one of those countries but its just referred to as the collected group UK, if you know what I mean..

for instance, if equestrian is in one country of the UK rather then another that might affect plans. if I wasn't imagining everyone cramming into one small land mass, I'd probably not be so confused..

I'd best go google, eh?:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

flopstock;1225700 wrote: But I don't have any idea:o.. are some events in scotland, some in wales, some in england or are all in one of those countries but its just referred to as the collected group UK, if you know what I mean..

for instance, if equestrian is in one country of the UK rather then another that might affect plans. if I wasn't imagining everyone cramming into one small land mass, I'd probably not be so confused..

I'd best go google, eh?:D Don't feel bad :wah: I have no idea of what's being held where either but that's just because I don't give a toss about it. I will be there to see The Rolling Stones and that's it. Don't google London.... all you'll see is rain :(
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1225695 wrote: :wah: No FS....... It's all in the UK but I think LLB assumed that some people would have no idea where the olympics were being held this time round. You must watch it on tv and see Britain fail miserably as usual at everything. The US will go home with all the golds and I'm willing to put money on that :D

Don't forget the Chinese Mrs !!!!!!!

Also --------------- UK won quite a lot of medals, particularly golds, at the last Olympics !! I have not got the figures to hand, but I dare say somebody can come up with the goods. All I remember is that it was our best Olympics for decades !!! So stop doing us down Mrs. or I'll send the lads round :lips: ;) :-6 :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1225737 wrote: Don't forget the Chinese Mrs !!!!!!!

Also --------------- UK won quite a lot of medals, particularly golds, at the last Olympics !! I have not got the figures to hand, but I dare say somebody can come up with the goods. All I remember is that it was our best Olympics for decades !!! So stop doing us down Mrs. or I'll send the lads round :lips: ;) :-6 :D
:yh_rotfl Ok... but I just always get that feeling of impending doom the same as I do in the World Cup. I think we did rather well in curling in China didn't we?

Sorry, I'm going up the betting shop nearer the day to put my money on the US :wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Here is the official site for the games.

Homepage - London 2012
spot

Post by spot »

lou lou belle;1225553 wrote: I dont think they are, its just your little group, who quite frankly dont have a nice word to say about the police, its just so one sided and pathetic.Merely in order to keep my good name round these parts I'd like to point out that nobody who's been here a while would find the idea that I'm a part of Oscar's little group anything other than risible farce.

As for the various points I made in the hope you'd discuss them, they're all accurate, verifiable and unprejudiced. It's a shame you feel incapable of discussing them rationally, given your background.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

chonsigirl;1225780 wrote: Here is the official site for the games.

Homepage - London 2012
Thanks Chons..... I've never looked before because I have no interest in it.

The biggest worry is weather the stadiums are going to be open and up and running on time. The British have an appalling record for that. The new Wembley stadium was one.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1225786 wrote: Merely in order to keep my good name round these parts I'd like to point out that nobody who's been here a while would find the idea that I'm a part of Oscar's little group anything other than risible farce.

As for the various points I made in the hope you'd discuss them, they're all accurate, verifiable and unprejudiced. It's a shame you feel incapable of discussing them rationally, given your background. I think one only has to look at the dates members joined to see if they were in collusion or not.

Spot is the most respected member on this forum. He writes fact only and has the utmost respect from all members for it. We all fall out here over oppossing views from time to time but the respect remains.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

lou lou belle;1225633 wrote: Thank you i have constantly trying to do this, but it appears that a certain members want to include controversial topics.

You *always* have the choice - that you constantly get involved in this tedious bickering shows that you are not trying very hard.

Will you and Oscar take your problems elsewhere and stop splattering them over our forum :mad:
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1225820 wrote: You *always* have the choice - that you constantly get involved in this tedious bickering shows that you are not trying very hard.

Will you and Oscar take your problems elsewhere and stop splattering them over our forum :mad: No problem Bryn.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Spot is the most respected member on this forum.

See? Again ...Humour :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

oscar;1225821 wrote: No problem Bryn.

No problem, myself and other new members joined this forum, merely due to the fact that we found articles that were written that were totally untrue about a certain person, and it was felt that enough was enough and it had to be addressed. Let that be the last time this is replied to lol!

I am actually enjoying this froum and reading peoples views and experience from all over the world. Its great!:)
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

flopstock;1225693 wrote: So when you say UK does that mean different things will be hosted in different countries of the UK or is it like saying the United States but really they were held in one state inside the US?

In the uk we have what are called counties, so the Olympics will not just be held in one Countie, they can be held in many ie the sailing will be in Southampton.

But if you consider the size of the states to the UK, it really is not a great distance.

We are only a little island, and given that, i think we have done exceedingly well in the last Olympics and especially well in the para olympics.

I have friends who will be competing in the next para Olympics, guys who lost limbs etc in Irag and Afghanistan.

I love the para olympics especially as the guys competing have more of a challenge than abled bodied people, especially with funding etc... Its make me very emotional to watch.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

lou lou belle;1225553 wrote: I dont think they are, its just your little group, who quite frankly dont have a nice word to say about the police, its just so one sided and pathetic.

I have not agreed with some of your views, a few other people have not agreed with your views,, that then makes us a little group??? so therefore all the people who have agreed with your views and disagreed with oscars views,, then they are there own little group? or your little group? fgs i never heard anything so silly,, just because some people are in agreement they become a group all out to get you no doubt!

Well there are people here who know me well enough to know i will agree or disagree because that is how i feel about a situation,/subject/ thread, I have in fact disagreed with Oscar on many things in the past,, and still do quite often. It seems if people dont have the same views as you then theres something wrong with them,,,I asked you on another thread,, so what if i have a less than favourable view of our police? thats my opinion to have,, does that meake me a bad person? because i am one of the members here that do not think the sun shines out of every police officers bum, i am made to feel as if i am scum for having that opinion with your constant references to it.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

lou lou belle;1226066 wrote: No problem, myself and other new members joined this forum, merely due to the fact that we found articles that were written that were totally untrue about a certain person, and it was felt that enough was enough and it had to be addressed. Let that be the last time this is replied to lol!

) For one, why don't you do what my wife did when she found articles written on this forum that were blatant libel and provide written evidence to show that you are telling the truth, as i suspect you can't?

Further, you were asked to refrain on this thread from your childish posts and while my wife appears to be grown up enough to respect the request, it appears that you are not. I find this laughably hypocritical when in an earlier post you complained bitterly that my wife had derailed your thread, yet here you are again, resorting to that of which you accuse others.

Perhaps you would like to reconsider the request from the moderator and curb the behaviour that increasingly reveals your personality?

Finally, to even suggest that other long-standing respected members are nothing more than a gaggle who are in cohorts with my wife is an insult to those people and a further indication of how your mind works.

Return to “Sports”