bartons red card the A.A grumpy column

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

hello lord grumpy here welcome back to grumpy towers nice to see you.

just hang on a minute i,ll get the butler to bring some tea.

now i dont normally do posts about football but this proves whoever you are

you,re not above the law.

SHAMED soccer star Joey Barton finally finds his ideal position — collecting litter.

The Newcastle United midfielder wore a bright orange Community Payback vest while clearing rubbish as a punishment for attacking a team-mate.

It came days after he was red-carded in a crucial relegation clash and earned a two-week Toon suspension following a dressing room bust-up with manager Alan Shearer.

Barton, 26, was given 200 hours’ community service last year plus a suspended jail stretch for battering team-mate Ousmane Dabo unconscious at a training ground when both were at Man City.

He was also jailed for six months for another assault — but walked free after 74 days.

The Sun pictured him last September as he began his community service — clearing lawn clippings and garden debris in a wheelbarrow.

But on this occasion he joined crooks at the Newcastle Falcons rugby union ground where they spent about four hours clearing up.

As the others did general clearing jobs, he was given a bin bag and long-handled pickers and told to pick up litter.

An onlooker said: “He looked like a roadsweeper, not a £63,000-a-week footballer.

“He didn’t look happy at all.

“While his team-mates are trying to save Newcastle from relegation, Barton is mixing with common criminals.”

Barton got a six-month playing ban for the Dabo attack.

Newcastle gave him a chance to resurrect his career.

He missed a string of games through injury earlier this season but disgraced himself on his return by being sent off against Liverpool.

It is thought he will be sold if ex-England ace Shearer stays on as manager.

Joey Barton does Community Service | The Sun |News

AAG

reading the article it appears to me that barton has a string of convictions yet he,s still allowed to be a £63,000 a year footballer.

doesnt set a very good example does it ? if this was say horse racing and barton was a jockey he would be brought before the jockey club on one conviction and would have his licence revoked so he could never ride again for bringing the sport in to disrepute yet barton still plays dispite a 74 day jail term.

alan shearer would do well to boot barton out of the club and surely put him before the F.A so barton never plays football again FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL CLUB..

AAG
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Barton is a thug, pure and simple. He has no idea how to control himself, on or off the pitch. Yes Newcastle should sack him. I think Shearer would like to do that but you just know someone else will pick him up. Big Sam would. He brought him to Newcastle and had a semblance of control over him, so if he does leave you might see him playing for Blackburn.

I would like to see him thrown out of football for good but unfortunately thats not gonna happen
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Wow cleaning litter big deal ... as for him mixing with 'common criminals'thats what he is..

Bear in mind he got 6 months for another assault and only served 74 days!

So that shows he is a persistant offender and still the bas**** is walking the streets its just not good enough.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

What annoys me about this is that he will still have his job.

Common nasty convicted criminals in effect ruin their lives. They will lose their jobs, possibly their homes and are unlikely to find another good job.

He will very soon be back on the pitch and in the money.

Why does the FA actually allow this kind on nonsense? They are a bloody disgrace to their proffession and tarnish the game.

How can we control rival fans fighting in the terraces when they see t*ats like him getting away with it?

Vinney Jones..... another thug who should have been banged up.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1189091 wrote: What annoys me about this is that he will still have his job.

Common nasty convicted criminals in effect ruin their lives. They will lose their jobs, possibly their homes and are unlikely to find another good job.

He will very soon be back on the pitch and in the money.

Why does the FA actually allow this kind on nonsense? They are a bloody disgrace to their proffession and tarnish the game.

How can we control rival fans fighting in the terraces when they see t*ats like him getting away with it?

Vinney Jones..... another thug who should have been banged up.

Vinny Jones wasnt even a good player. Suprisingly, his acting is better than his football skills. He was never in the same league as this tosser Barton though

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1189097 wrote: Vinny Jones wasnt even a good player. Suprisingly, his acting is better than his football skills. He was never in the same league as this tosser Barton though Your right..... i thought he was useless but i beg to differ on the acting skills..... a plank of wood seems more intelligent to me.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1189099 wrote: Your right..... i thought he was useless but i beg to differ on the acting skills..... a plank of wood seems more intelligent to me.

What I meant was, as bad at acting as he is, and boy is he bad, he is emminently better than playing football, where his only skill was to mark his territory on a players shin within the first 30 seconds of the start of a game.

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1189100 wrote: What I meant was, as bad at acting as he is, and boy is he bad, he is emminently better than playing football, where his only skill was to mark his territory on a players shin within the first 30 seconds of the start of a game. Got you :D

Why don't the FA have stricter ruling on this. In my book, no-one is un-replacable. Surely there must be enough talent out there to keep the teams alive and not have thugs like Barton literally holding the team to ransom because they are a good player?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

There are precedencies. Mutu was sacked by Chelsea and forced by Uefa to stump up a huge fine - in the millions. The Australian Keeper, whos name escapes me, was sacked for taking cocaine. It ruined his career. Enough is enough. He should be removed from football

Hardly a role model is he :rolleyes:

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mark Bosnich

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1189105 wrote: There are precedencies. Mutu was sacked by Chelsea and forced by Uefa to stump up a huge fine - in the millions. The Australian Keeper, whos name escapes me, was sacked for taking cocaine. It ruined his career. Enough is enough. He should be removed from football

Hardly a role model is he :rolleyes: no...... then there are thr tossers who kill children while drink driving. :-5
Earl Purple

Post by Earl Purple »

What he's done in the past has been dreadful but there is probably an overreaction over the red card against Liverpool.

Yes it was a red card but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as that tackle against Hull earlier in the season that put the player out for several months, and I've seen far worse fouls than that particular one by Barton.

Given that Newcastle could pip Hull on goal-difference to staying up, the implications of that foul earlier in the season could be immense. I wonder if any court action would result.

Return to “Sports”