Has Britain a world Champion in the making?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Jenson Button wins Malaysian Grand Prix - mirror.co.uk

We're not very good at world champions at some sports. I remember when a dog ran onto the court at Wimbledon and went on to beat Tim Henman in straight sets.

I lost interest in FI after the great Mika Hakkinen retired but Button has shown a brilliant start to the championship.

Any bets he will do it?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I think he might. Great driver in a great car: promising combination, but there's a long way to go yet.

We have more world champions than you might think. For example we currently have four in Gliding!
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1170411 wrote: I think he might. Great driver in a great car: promising combination, but there's a long way to go yet.

We have more world champions than you might think. For example we currently have four in Gliding! Mr O is very excited. He believed in Button from day one.

God, i miss Murray Walker.

I know we do have some champs, it'd just be nice to have one in something proper :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I believe we also have the current Croquet champion AND the World Champ in Paper Scissors Stone. Not to mention Bog Snorkeling. :)

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1170529 wrote: I believe we also have the current Croquet champion AND the World Champ in Paper Scissors Stone. Not to mention Bog Snorkeling. :) :wah: Yes your right..... gmc won the 1952 championship for paper scissors stone and galbally is the reigning champ for bog snorkeling :sneaky:

Don't forget also that Britain holds the world championship for graffitti, knife throwing and rioting :yh_rotfl
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Oh, the Scots are far too hard for the paper scissors bit. They just play "Stoon". :p

Oscar Namechange

Clodhopper;1170540 wrote: Oh, the Scots are far too hard for the paper scissors bit. They just play "Stoon". :p
Yes but they use 'tatties' instead which is cheating.

gmc also holds the 'Big girls blouse' world championship and is currently competing for the 'Pheasent botherer of the year' title. :yh_rotfl
dubs

Post by dubs »

You do realise that Lewis Hamilton is the current Formula One World Champion, don't you?..:driving:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Oscar Namechange

dubs;1170940 wrote: You do realise that Lewis Hamilton is the current Formula One World Champion, don't you?..:driving: Yes, but hang on...... if my memory serves me correct..... wasn't 'Massa' robbed of the title'?
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1171083 wrote: Yes, but hang on...... if my memory serves me correct..... wasn't 'Massa' robbed of the title'?

No, cos he didn't amass as many points as Hamilton....Duh! :thinking:

Oscar Namechange

dubs;1171500 wrote: No, cos he didn't amass as many points as Hamilton....Duh! :thinking: Forgive me...... I'm a girl :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Do you think Button can do it this year?
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1171501 wrote: Forgive me...... I'm a girl :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Do you think Button can do it this year?

I hope so, I'm a big fan of Button...I just hope that Brawn GP don't cop a ban for their trick diffuser, that they're all talking about!

Oscar Namechange

dubs;1171503 wrote: I hope so, I'm a big fan of Button...I just hope that Brawn GP don't cop a ban for their trick diffuser, that they're all talking about!

My hubs will keep me up to date. I want KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN to win. Great driver.....crap at interviews :wah:
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1171505 wrote: My hubs will keep me up to date. I want KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN to win. Great driver.....crap at interviews :wah:

I reckon he's passed his best TBH...Ferrari are pants this year, and they've already started crying like a girl, cos the best three teams so far. Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams, are all using this new rear wing. Up to now, the governing body have ignored the other teams, and said that the rear wings on those cars are ok, but Ferrari are well known for putting the arm on officials when they're losing...Bunch a girls!!! ;)

Return to “Sports”