Terrel Owens

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Nomad

Terrel Owens

Post by Nomad »

Anyone think hes worth the trouble ? I do. Ill take him because he catches footballs.

(CNN) -- Terrell Owens, a former San Francisco 49er and a former Philadelphia Eagle, is now a former Dallas Cowboy. The Cowboys released Owens late Wednesday, according to published reports.

The Dallas Cowboys have decided to part ways with wide receiver Terrell Owens, according to published reports.

Questions surrounding the future of the controversial wide receiver have swirled since the Cowboys' season ended with a 44-6 loss at Philadelphia that kept Dallas out of the playoffs.

Owner Jerry Jones had said in recent weeks that he had not decided whether to keep or release Owens. In early February, Jones struck down an ESPN report that Jones' son, Stephen, who is the team's vice president, was lobbying his father to cut the wide receiver.

Owens signed a three-year, $25 million contract with Dallas in March 2006. He signed a new four-year, $34 million deal that included a $12 million signing bonus, in June 2008.

Owens finished the 2008 season with 1,058 yards and 10 touchdowns.

While Owens has produced solid numbers on the field, his career has been plagued with controversy.

Don't Miss
  • SI.com: Terrell Owens stats, bio

SI.com: Don Banks: Cowboys split on Owens' future

After Owens left the San Francisco 49ers in 2003, he insinuated in an interview with Playboy magazine that his then-quarterback, Jeff Garcia, was homosexual.

As a Philadelphia Eagle, Owens made headlines for coming back to play in Super Bowl XXX after suffering a severely sprained ankle and a fractured fibula weeks earlier. The following season, he voiced his displeasure with QB Donovan McNabb and Eagles management, which led to a four-game suspension without pay and his eventual deactivitation from the team.

In September 2006, police responded to Owens' home after his publicist found the wide receiver unresponsive with an empty bottle of painkillers. Owens refuted reports that it was a suicide attempt and claimed a combination of painkillers and supplements made him groggy.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kindle

Terrel Owens

Post by Kindle »

Our news showed a poll. Choices were: goodbye; yes, I want him; and join a soap opera

Poll results were overwhelming for him going and joining the soaps. Only 2% said they wanted him.

Of course, that was this morning.................

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
CARLA

Terrel Owens

Post by CARLA »

You know if he would just shut up and catch the ball he would be great. He still has what it take just too much baggage.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Terrel Owens

Post by Nomad »

JAB;1152032 wrote: Good luck with him...

That was Randy Moss.

Anyway our coach has already been his coach so its out of the question.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Patsy Warnick

Terrel Owens

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Cards are considering Terrel..?

He's a great player - highest receiver for Dallas & they let him go..?

Give him the football - just tape his mouth shut, it always gets him in trouble.

(I also like Curt Warner's new contract with the Cards)

Patsy
YZGI

Terrel Owens

Post by YZGI »

Good riddance. Being a Cowboys fan I thought he was a great acquisition but he tears up the locker room wherever he goes. Maybe the Giants or Redskins will grab him.
Patsy Warnick

Terrel Owens

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The Cardinals are thinking about Terrel..?

He just needs to shut up

I don't know if Terrel would work well with Warner? or any one else.?

how needs trouble???

Patsy
qsducks

Terrel Owens

Post by qsducks »

:wah: That big mealy mouthed scumbag used to play for our team, the Eagles. They dumped him like a hot potato which was great since he's such a scumbag. I think his house in New Jersey is still for sale so that would be 3 yrs now. So waht did he do now to cause trouble?
Nomad

Terrel Owens

Post by Nomad »

qsducks;1152321 wrote: :wah: That big mealy mouthed scumbag used to play for our team, the Eagles. They dumped him like a hot potato which was great since he's such a scumbag. I think his house in New Jersey is still for sale so that would be 3 yrs now. So waht did he do now to cause trouble?

He spoke.

It was in his contract to never speak.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Terrel Owens

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;1152410 wrote: He spoke.

It was in his contract to never speak.

When he got canned from the Eagles, my children burned his jersey:wah:.
Nomad

Terrel Owens

Post by Nomad »

qsducks;1152413 wrote: When he got canned from the Eagles, my children burned his jersey:wah:.

Still we could use him. Childress's ego is bigger than his desire to win though.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Terrel Owens

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;1152417 wrote: Still we could use him. Childress's ego is bigger than his desire to win though.

I don't know what city your in but if Dallas can't stand him anymore and Philly dumped him cuz of his ability to stick his giant foot into his mouth...good luck. His ego is bigger than the state of Texas. He still has his house up for sale in New Jersey.:wah:
Nomad

Terrel Owens

Post by Nomad »

JAB;1152740 wrote: Owens was similar but he added whiney childish tantrums to his repetoire.

Moss pushed a traffic cop down an entire city block with his car.

Yes she could have just stepped aside but you cant really blame him either. He was stoned.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Sports”