Aussie cricket team

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
neil

Aussie cricket team

Post by neil »

The question to be answered, have the rest of the world caught up with the Aussies, or have the Aussies slipped back?
dubs

Aussie cricket team

Post by dubs »

Is it cos they've all got old at the same time Neil? Lets face it, they have been the number one team in the world for donkeys years, but without a great many changes..When you're faced with about half a dozen top blokes retiring at one go, there's going to be repercussions....I even read somewhere about Warney coming out of retirement..Can't see it myself, but???:)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
neil

Aussie cricket team

Post by neil »

dubs;1055832 wrote: Is it cos they've all got old at the same time Neil? Lets face it, they have been the number one team in the world for donkeys years, but without a great many changes..When you're faced with about half a dozen top blokes retiring at one go, there's going to be repercussions....I even read somewhere about Warney coming out of retirement..Can't see it myself, but???:)

I hope he doesnt Dubs, would be pointless if he did. I agree with you that they got old, but has the rest of the world become better? England has, but still lack a little consistency. I am looking forward to next years ashes though, I think it will be closer than Ian Botham thinks, I hope so, been starved of close test clashes these last few years :)
dubs

Aussie cricket team

Post by dubs »

Dunno about the rest becoming better, but the gap between them has certainly narrowed considerably. I reckon your blokes are going through a bit of re-generation Neil..It had to happen at some point, you'll come back stronger, you always do..I don't think the average Aussie on the street will accept less than top spot. England do need consistency, I agree. Hopefully both sides will be nearer top form for the Ashes series...I can't stand it when it's one sided!

neil

Aussie cricket team

Post by neil »

dubs;1055915 wrote: Dunno about the rest becoming better, but the gap between them has certainly narrowed considerably. I reckon your blokes are going through a bit of re-generation Neil..It had to happen at some point, you'll come back stronger, you always do..I don't think the average Aussie on the street will accept less than top spot. England do need consistency, I agree. Hopefully both sides will be nearer top form for the Ashes series...I can't stand it when it's one sided!
I'm the same, need a close contest. The trouble with us rebuilding is that we are putting in blokes that are 27,28 and the like to make there debut, been thinking for a while that they need some younger blood like we did in the 80's under Border, took a little while, but it worked.:-6

Acutully, I live not far from the place where the old urn originated from, a place called Sunbury on the outer rim of Melbourne, was a homestead in those days, a school now.
dubs

Aussie cricket team

Post by dubs »

neil;1056001 wrote: I'm the same, need a close contest. The trouble with us rebuilding is that we are putting in blokes that are 27,28 and the like to make there debut, been thinking for a while that they need some younger blood like we did in the 80's under Border, took a little while, but it worked.:-6

Acutully, I live not far from the place where the old urn originated from, a place called Sunbury on the outer rim of Melbourne, was a homestead in those days, a school now.

Even a weak Aussie side will go the extra yard against us...:wah::wah: I'm still looking forward to it...:)

neil

Aussie cricket team

Post by neil »

dubs;1056038 wrote: Even a weak Aussie side will go the extra yard against us...:wah::wah: I'm still looking forward to it...:)

Yeah and put Botham back out there to give us some extra incentive :yh_rotfl

By the way, do you want Tony Greig back? We have been sick of him for some time, him and those bloody keys of his :yh_rotfl
dubs

Aussie cricket team

Post by dubs »

neil;1056071 wrote: Yeah and put Botham back out there to give us some extra incentive :yh_rotfl

By the way, do you want Tony Greig back? We have been sick of him for some time, him and those bloody keys of his :yh_rotfl

I tell you what..I wish we'd got another Beefy in the wings! Tony Grieg? You're more than welcome to keep him, he's a complete arse! :yh_rotfl And I've got a suggestion for a place to put his keys...:thinking:

neil

Aussie cricket team

Post by neil »

dubs;1056076 wrote: I tell you what..I wish we'd got another Beefy in the wings! Tony Grieg? You're more than welcome to keep him, he's a complete arse! :yh_rotfl And I've got a suggestion for a place to put his keys...:thinking:

Its probably the same place we keep telling him to put them :yh_rotfl

You can only have a half done Beefy, but the bastard was still good enough for us not to stop him then :-6:mad:
dubs

Aussie cricket team

Post by dubs »

It's SIR Beefy now, he was on the telly a few days ago, he said the only time he picks a bat up now is to play garden cricket with his grandkids..

neil

Aussie cricket team

Post by neil »

dubs;1056096 wrote: It's SIR Beefy now, he was on the telly a few days ago, he said the only time he picks a bat up now is to play garden cricket with his grandkids..

Blood hell, grandchildren, I remember when he spent a summer out here in 76/77, playing in the local grade cricket, it wasnt that long ago :yh_rotfl

Return to “Sports”