Beijing Olympics thread 2008

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

fuzzy butt;941316 wrote: discuss the Olympic games, the Athletes and all the goings on.

Grant Hacket is in the pool on saturday night. WHHOOOO HOOOO!!!!:D

Great I will make sure I watch that :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

:D Post pics, please.......

Oh, it will be a great Olypmics!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, there is room for plenty of Olympics, and pics. I enjoy them all.

This is our hometown boy, Phelps. His mom is a teacher in my school district, I'll see her in a week if she nots over there this year. I would be, if it was my kid!

Attached files
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Maybe Muka Muka Poo can clue us in on when to watch for her niece.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

She has the schedule posted on KS's thread, first match is Sunday!
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

The USA gets a Gold, Silver and Bronze in woman’s Fencing.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

The American side will close out group play against New Zealand at 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, August 12 not sure what time that is on the East coast but it most likely 7:45am EST and Dark O' clock on the west coast. After the third game the top 2 teams in each group ( there are 5 groups) advance on to the quarter finals.

The US Womens's Soccer Team won their game this morning at 2am PST. They beat Japan 1-0 and my Niece saw her first CAP in an Olympic game. She has now be baptized and has seen play. I haven't talked to her yet today, but I can tell you she is probably on cloud 9. She is a defender and unless Mitts, Markraf, Rapone, or Cox go down or get tired she won't get it. Well Cox got tired this morning and she went in at Left back, not her normal position but she can play any position if they let her. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

fuzzy butt;941316 wrote: discuss the Olympic games, the Athletes and all the goings on.

Grant Hacket is in the pool on saturday night. WHHOOOO HOOOO!!!!:D
When I first read this I thought it said Gene Hackman. After the next few posts I had to go back and re-read. :p
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

CARLA;946424 wrote: The American side will close out group play against New Zealand at 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, August 12 not sure what time that is on the East coast but it most likely 7:45am EST and Dark O' clock on the west coast. After the third game the top 2 teams in each group ( there are 5 groups) advance on to the quarter finals.

The US Womens's Soccer Team won their game this morning at 2am PST. They beat Japan 1-0 and my Niece saw her first CAP in an Olympic game. She has now be baptized and has seen play. I haven't talked to her yet today, but I can tell you she is probably on cloud 9. She is a defender and unless Mitts, Markraf, Rapone, or Cox go down or get tired she won't get it. Well Cox got tired this morning and she went in at Left back, not her normal position but she can play any position if they let her. :D

Whats her jersey # Muka poo ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Rachel Buehler #4.. :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Men's soccer beat Japan as well.

Men's basketball just destroyed Japan. 101 to 80 something.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Mens Soccer game today ended in a 2-2 draw with the Netherlands. I hate draws should play till there is a winner but in the qualifying rounds this is what they do, no OT till the quarterfinals. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/I ... 0000.shtml

This shows the medal count. Click on the country to get more details.
Bez

Post by Bez »

fuzzy butt;941390 wrote: I remember Michael Phelps . He'll probably do very well, Hacket seems to think so . :)

1st Gold medal and a world record today for phelps today.

Tomorrow our youngster Tom Daley (14) takes to the diving board in the synchronised competition...can't wait.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Post by Bez »

Watched cycling, rowing, gymnastics and diving today....the little US girl gymnast was outstanding on the beam....the width of a house brick....wow....how clever is that !
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Rowing on this afternoon, I'll have to wait until this evening for more Olympics!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

We've got alot of different NBC stations here. The futbol games are on the spanish language channel.

GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!! :wah:

I also watched Argentina lose to Lithuania in basketball (in Spanish). I have to cheer for Argentina because two of their players are on the San Antonio Spurs team.

There's even a channel in Chinese. Guess what they concentrate on? :)

Bez, you watched women's gymnastics already? We must not have a good chance for a medal or they'd have shown it. :( I really enjoy gymnastics.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Accountable;947571 wrote: We've got alot of different NBC stations here. The futbol games are on the spanish language channel.

GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!! :wah:

I also watched Argentina lose to Lithuania in basketball (in Spanish). I have to cheer for Argentina because two of their players are on the San Antonio Spurs team.

There's even a channel in Chinese. Guess what they concentrate on? :)

Bez, you watched women's gymnastics already? We must not have a good chance for a medal or they'd have shown it. :( I really enjoy gymnastics.

This site may be useful ACC .......... http://en.beijing2008.cn/

Or this one .......... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/default.stm
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Whoo Hoo!! My Niece Rachel Buehler #4 will start in the game on Tuesday against New Zeland. She will be replacing Kate Markraf as the Center Back. :D:D They need to win to make it to the quaterfinals.

Some of the players are getting sick. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Bez;947601 wrote: This site may be useful ACC .......... http://en.beijing2008.cn/

Or this one .......... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/default.stm
Thanks, dear! :-6
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Wow, just watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, fantastic.

Well done to Beijing for putting on such a wonderful show. Very entertaining on such a large scale.

Very impressive.

:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap

Return to “Sports”