Huh??

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Wolverine

Huh??

Post by Wolverine »

would someone please explain to me why the Federal Gov't is getting involved in the Baseball Steroid scandal thing? are they out of things to do and all caught up on everything else that they have spare time to get involved with the investigation into a buch of melon-headed, tiny-sacked, juicers??

I DON'T THINK SO

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Bryn Mawr

Huh??

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Wolverine;742342 wrote: would someone please explain to me why the Federal Gov't is getting involved in the Baseball Steroid scandal thing? are they out of things to do and all caught up on everything else that they have spare time to get involved with the investigation into a buch of melon-headed, tiny-sacked, juicers??

I DON'T THINK SO

but they're fans as well you know :wah:
spot

Huh??

Post by spot »

Okay, I tried but I can't work out why you think there's federal involvement, maybe you could clarify. There's a "Report to the Commissioner of Baseball of an Independent Investigation into the Illegal Use of Steroids and Other Performance Enhancing Substances by Players in Major League Baseball" by George Mitchell and he used to be a Senator. Steroid abuse breaches federal law. Which tree am I not yet barking up?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Patsy Warnick

Huh??

Post by Patsy Warnick »

The news announced today - the Government is considering getting involved.

Writing standards regarding steroids etc..

I don't know why the Govt would need to get involved - except for making steriods legal for the kick back on drug distribution..

Patsy
moonpie

Huh??

Post by moonpie »

Wolverine;742342 wrote: would someone please explain to me why the Federal Gov't is getting involved in the Baseball Steroid scandal thing? are they out of things to do and all caught up on everything else that they have spare time to get involved with the investigation into a buch of melon-headed, tiny-sacked, juicers??

I DON'T THINK SO

I am not totally sure, but I would think that the Fed Gov't is not gettiing involved. It would be the Commissioners of Baseball, Steroids is not illegal - only iin Sports. That is what my thought is.
Wolverine

Huh??

Post by Wolverine »

moonpie;742418 wrote: I am not totally sure, but I would think that the Fed Gov't is not gettiing involved. It would be the Commissioners of Baseball, Steroids is not illegal - only iin Sports. That is what my thought is.

exactly, moon

but the Senate is putting together an inquiry committee to investigate if they need an actual investigation.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

grh

Huh??

Post by grh »

spot;742352 wrote: Okay, I tried but I can't work out why you think there's federal involvement, maybe you could clarify. There's a "Report to the Commissioner of Baseball of an Independent Investigation into the Illegal Use of Steroids and Other Performance Enhancing Substances by Players in Major League Baseball" by George Mitchell and he used to be a Senator. Steroid abuse breaches federal law. Which tree am I not yet barking up?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

here's your tree
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
History buff

Huh??

Post by History buff »

moonpie;742418 wrote: I am not totally sure, but I would think that the Fed Gov't is not gettiing involved. It would be the Commissioners of Baseball, Steroids is not illegal - only iin Sports. That is what my thought is.

Anabolic steroids are a Schedule 4 contolled substance in the states here. There are probably 2 main reasons the feds are investigating. 1. The use is getting to be extreme. 2. Due to the BIG money that can be paid for them by the rich and due to interstate travel, there is a greater need to control it.

(e) Anabolic steroids. Schedule IV

(1) Barbital.

(2) Chloral betaine.

(3) Chloral hydrate.

(4) Ethchlorvynol.

(5) Ethinamate.

(6) Methohexital.

(7) Meprobamate.

(8) Methylphenobarbital.

(9) Paraldehyde.

(10) Petrichloral.

(11) Phenobarbital.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/sear ... -000-.html
moonpie

Huh??

Post by moonpie »

I truly love baseball, and it is rather distressing that a lot of these players are taking steroids. Now a person has no idea if they are looking at extremely good talent, luck or is the guy doing drugs. It is too bad, it is putting a dark cloud over many sports.
spot

Huh??

Post by spot »

grh;755041 wrote: here's your tree

Thank you floppy, that's what I didn't know. Here's the reason Rep. Waxman asked for a hearing:Jose Canseco's allegations about steroid use by Mark McGwire and other baseball players have received enormous media attention. Many of the individuals have denied the accusations. Mr. Canseco insists his information is accurate. Despite the baseball commissioner's statement that his goal is to have "zero tolerance regarding steroids," Major League Baseball has announced it will not investigate Mr. Canseco's allegations.

There is a simple way to find the truth in this matter. Our Committee should hold a hearing with Mr. Canseco, Mr. McGwire, and others and have them testify under oath. This would be an opportunity to find out what really happened and to get to the bottom of this growing scandal.

Congressional hearings in the 1950s examined allegations of cheating in television quiz shows. The oversight provided by these hearings exposed wrongdoing and forced the networks to change their practices. In the same way, an independent congressional investigation is needed to remove the cloud now hanging over baseball. As former baseball commissioner Fay Vincent reminded us in a recent Washington Post column, "sunlight is the best of disinfectants."

http://oversight.house.gov/documents/20 ... -15769.pdf

So. Sunlight.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Sports”