Has anyone.......

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
pinkchick

Has anyone.......

Post by pinkchick »

.....done any absailing??:-6

It's something I would like to try:D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
RedGlitter

Has anyone.......

Post by RedGlitter »

What's that Fuzzy? Is it like parasailing?:)
Carl44

Has anyone.......

Post by Carl44 »

sorry not seen my abs in years :-3
SuzyB

Has anyone.......

Post by SuzyB »

pinkchick;662436 wrote: .....done any absailing??:-6

It's something I would like to try:D

Never done it and never will, fear of heights and all that :o
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

spot

Has anyone.......

Post by spot »

I have such a level of vertigo that standing a foot off the ground makes me shudder. Climbing onto a chair terrifies me. I tried once to break it by going to an abseiling centre in Holloway, booking an instructor and spending an afternoon throwing myself off their thirty foot edge with a rope round me. Oddly enough it worked. It allowed me to trust the equipment sufficiently to drag my mind away from the terror and concentrate on the mechanics. I qualified at the local climbing centre here - climbing and belaying instead of just lowering myself - a while later. I still have vertigo but I can, finally, cross the suspension bridge instead of driving round through the centre of town. All the symptoms of clenching up and breaking into a cold sweat are still there but I can do it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Has anyone.......

Post by spot »

Wendy, you are a blight. Here I am exposing myself and all you can do is laugh.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

Has anyone.......

Post by chonsigirl »

Spot, you are the King of the Mountain!

Abseiling, I had to look it up. Here it is called rappelling. I have never tried it, I would like to roller skate though..................:)
SouthAPT

Has anyone.......

Post by SouthAPT »

I've never done it but I think I would like to try it. Isn't it dangerous though?
spot

Has anyone.......

Post by spot »

It depends on how you're connected to the rope. If you've a harness and karabiners then letting go still leaves enough friction to take you down in a controlled way. If you just wrap the rope round your groin and shoulder then you need to be more careful.
pinkchick

Has anyone.......

Post by pinkchick »

Thanks for your input guys. I've had this notion to do it for quite a while. I'd like to try and raise some money for charity I think:)

Spot - I'm so proud of you for overcoming your fear:-6
pinkchick

Has anyone.......

Post by pinkchick »

Wendybird;662602 wrote: Hey pc it is a great way of raising money for charity. The last time I did it I got sponsored over £500.00!

Hey Bird:) That's amazing;) Well done you
G-man

Has anyone.......

Post by G-man »

spot;662508 wrote: I have such a level of vertigo that standing a foot off the ground makes me shudder. Climbing onto a chair terrifies me. I tried once to break it by going to an abseiling centre in Holloway, booking an instructor and spending an afternoon throwing myself off their thirty foot edge with a rope round me. Oddly enough it worked. It allowed me to trust the equipment sufficiently to drag my mind away from the terror and concentrate on the mechanics. I qualified at the local climbing centre here - climbing and belaying instead of just lowering myself - a while later. I still have vertigo but I can, finally, cross the suspension bridge instead of driving round through the centre of town. All the symptoms of clenching up and breaking into a cold sweat are still there but I can do it.

That's how I overcame my fear of flying... it's best just to face it head on.

You'll love it, PinkChick!

I like that idea about raising money for charity, WendyBird... I might just use that, in fact. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Return to “Sports”