Ireland demolished England 43-13, in Rugby

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Hello my well-beaten English cousins, but you cant think I could let this go without a quick stab at glory. I watched this 6-Nations rugby game on TV with Irish, French, Welsh, and English people and it was a brilliant, brilliant spectacle, the crowd were great, the playing of the anthems, and the history was moving, the emotion was high, the Irish team played brilliantly, and the score was fantastic at the end. What can I say, a great Irish sporting moment. Lovely. :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

well done dr g , we were out played:-6 :-6 :guitarist :guitarist
dubs

Post by dubs »

Jeez! Galbally, has it taken you til' now to sober up enough to do the crowing post? I was lookin for you all last night.( I told you Greens were favourite). We got us a right old arse kicking, no doubt about it!......Well Done! Sod it I'm not takin' me flag down...... ;) :)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Good, we will look to do the same in Sept...

No offense or anything to the English, but good luck against...teams other than the U.S...:wah:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Galbally;560040 wrote: Hello my well-beaten English cousins, but you cant think I could let this go without a quick stab at glory. I watched this 6-Nations rugby game on TV with Irish, French, Welsh, and English people and it was a brilliant, brilliant spectacle, the crowd were great, the playing of the anthems, and the history was moving, the emotion was high, the Irish team played brilliantly, and the score was fantastic at the end. What can I say, a great Irish sporting moment. Lovely. :-6

I was lucky - we were winning 3 - 0 when I had to go out.

Well played Sir.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Thank you all, I shall take all the reflected glory I can. Its funny because I was in England in 1997, in University, and I remember all of us Irish lads when down the bar to watch the match that day against England in the green jerseys with our English friends, and England demolished Ireland that day by about the same scoreline, god we were sickened, and the English people had a right laugh at our expense, the great thing about rugby though is that everyone takes it well and enjoys the game, unlike soccer where people can get nasty, (I hate that, its so stupid). Anyway, happy days. :-6

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Galbally;560473 wrote: ...unlike soccer where people can get nasty, (I hate that, its so stupid). Anyway, happy days. :-6

I thought you guys called it football too.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

K.Snyder;560479 wrote: I thought you guys called it football too.

Well it is football, but you get into the habit of calling it soccer when there are non-football people around, so they understand what you mean, know what I mean?

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Galbally;560483 wrote: Well it is football, but you get into the habit of calling it soccer when there are non-football people around, so they understand what you mean, know what I mean?

Yeah, I don't automatically assume people are talking about the game played with a pigskin when they say football after noticing they aren't from America.
spot

Post by spot »

Galbally;560473 wrote: Thank you all, I shall take all the reflected glory I can.I saw the news article yesterday evening and smiled as I read it, for thinking of how much pleasure you'd have taken.

Speak softly around any Scot you happen across today.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

spot;560490 wrote: I saw the news article yesterday evening and smiled as I read it, for thinking of how much pleasure you'd have taken.

Speak softly around any Scot you happen across today.

Oh yeah, that wasn't great against Italy was it? :thinking: Better leave it at that. :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Galbally;560493 wrote: Oh yeah, that wasn't great against Italy was it? :thinking: Better leave it at that. :wah:

dr g its now 48 hours after the rugby ,after that its just pure bad manners to gloat so i'm nearly out of time , what was the score in the jocks game please , thought that scottish guy that posted earier was not his normal happy self :wah: :wah:
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

jimbo;560499 wrote: dr g its now 48 hours after the rugby ,after that its just pure bad manners to gloat so i'm nearly out of time , what was the score in the jocks game please , thought that scottish guy that posted earier was not his normal happy self :wah: :wah:

Oh, I am not sure I think it was something like Italy 234, Scotland 7 and a half or something, heheheheheheheh. :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Galbally;560517 wrote: Oh, I am not sure I think it was something like Italy 234, Scotland 7 and a half or something, heheheheheheheh. :wah:

:wah: :wah: :wah: thanks te hee
spot

Post by spot »

Galbally;560517 wrote: Oh, I am not sure I think it was something like Italy 234, Scotland 7 and a half or something, heheheheheheheh. :wah:And didn't the little buggers just cheat terribly, picking up the ball and running tries when the other side was supposed to be using it? Taking advantage of a little-known rule, that was. The last time I was so shocked was when Jonah Lomu came out of nowhere in that semi-final against England twelve years ago.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Being the Scottish guy in question, may I add my belated congratulations to the Irish Rugby team? Beating the cachd out of the Auld Enemy is always a gracious act, no matter who does it. So I will be thanking you.

On the other hand, how did you manage to post that on the same day as the thrashing? Your lot won. My lot were posted missing in the first minute and myself is still in sorrow-drowning mode.

Still, your lot will get the backlash - care to make a small wager?
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Chookie;561146 wrote: Being the Scottish guy in question, may I add my belated congratulations to the Irish Rugby team? Beating the cachd out of the Auld Enemy is always a gracious act, no matter who does it. So I will be thanking you.

On the other hand, how did you manage to post that on the same day as the thrashing? Your lot won. My lot were posted missing in the first minute and myself is still in sorrow-drowning mode.

Still, your lot will get the backlash - care to make a small wager?

No actually it was the next day that I posted my gloatations! :wah: You want to place a gentleman's wager on Scotland actually beating Ireland in the Rugby this year, good lord sir your patriotism is akin to the attitude of Dr Johnson to marraige (i.e. A triumph of hope over experience). ;)

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Nothing so worthless my good man. The celebrated Dr. Johnson was handicapped by being of the Sassenach variety, but in that case he did have a point.

Myselfs offer of a wager is based on historical observations - if us Scots is thumped (in anything - sporting wise anyway) the next lot get mollicated.

So is there a pint on it?
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Chookie;561224 wrote: Nothing so worthless my good man. The celebrated Dr. Johnson was handicapped by being of the Sassenach variety, but in that case he did have a point.

Myselfs offer of a wager is based on historical observations - if us Scots is thumped (in anything - sporting wise anyway) the next lot get mollicated.

So is there a pint on it?

It would add some sauce to the encounter. But I am not sure how you will send me my winnings (in a sealed jiffy bag maybe?), but not on a plane, its a liquid! :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Your winnings?
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Chookie;561328 wrote: Your winnings?

Of course, what else could they be?

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Mine of course you poor Irishman - especially after I collect!
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Chookie;561354 wrote: Mine of course you poor Irishman - especially after I collect!

Yeah, that really gonna happen my friend, it really is. :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Don't know what you're all gobbling about, this is the year of the Americans...

There'll be none of you left after Sept rolls through. :wah:
dubs

Post by dubs »

K.Snyder;561522 wrote: Don't know what you're all gobbling about, this is the year of the Americans...

Have you watched much Rugby K ? I could see that being the sort of game you would like to watch!.......Group A...England...South Africa...Samoa...USA...Tonga!

There's going to be some arse kickin in that lot!...:D

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

K.Snyder;561522 wrote: Don't know what you're all gobbling about, this is the year of the Americans...

I suppose this will happen eventually.

Incidentally, did you know that the USA are the Olypmic Champions in the sport of Rugby union?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

dubs;561708 wrote: Have you watched much Rugby K ? I could see that being the sort of game you would like to watch!.......Group A...England...South Africa...Samoa...USA...Tonga!

There's going to be some arse kickin in that lot!...:D

It's not really televised here...

It is sometimes on FSC, but I only recently have signed a contract to receive that channel...

I like rugby...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Chookie;561709 wrote: I suppose this will happen eventually.

Incidentally, did you know that the USA are the Olypmic Champions in the sport of Rugby union?

I actually didn't know that...

But history is history, I'm a firm believer in "you're only as good as your last performance"...

I know rugby isn't a very popular sport over here, but I've noticed our team has gotten alot better in the past decade...

We are in a tough group, so I'm not exactly overly enthusiastic...but still would like to see the Eagles win out...at least as much as possible.

Return to “Sports”