Hungarian GP 2006

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

Jenson Buttons first GP win.

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
K.Snyder

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Man, I bet they go through some brake rotors...

Does the F1 series race a circle track, or is that only Indy?
Rosette

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by Rosette »

*wipes tear from eye*

what a cracking race that was!!!

K.... Haven't I already told you...F1 is exctitng! none of this running around a circle!

Here is a run down of most of the tracks..

Monza is my fave!

http://www.bmwworld.com/racing/f1/tracks.htm
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

Here's the Renault team engine tuning, with the "Marseillaise". I'd like to say Nutty French buggers, but I'm afraid most of their techies are Brits!!!!:thinking:

K.Snyder

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by K.Snyder »

Rosette;559321 wrote: *wipes tear from eye*

what a cracking race that was!!!

K.... Haven't I already told you...F1 is exctitng! none of this running around a circle!

Here is a run down of most of the tracks..

Monza is my fave!

http://www.bmwworld.com/racing/f1/tracks.htm

:wah:

I wanted to know, to see if they held an actual exciting race.
Rosette

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by Rosette »

K.Snyder;559504 wrote: :wah:

I wanted to know, to see if they held an actual exciting race.

:eek:
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

Awesome F1 engine test! 18th March 2007, I'll be able to get my racing fix! I'm gagging!.....:driving: :driving: :driving:

dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

The first race of F1 2007, took place in Albert park, Melbourne Australia on Sunday!

Kimi Raikkonen took first place, for Scuderia Ferrari. Second place went to Fernando Alonso, the reigning World Champion. Third was rookie Lewis Hamilton, both driving McLaren/Mercedes MP4 22s.

dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

The second round of F1 2007 took place today from Sepang Malaysia! World Champion Fernando Alonso, took the lead at the start, from second place on the grid. Rookie Lewis Hamilton, jumped two places at the start, putting himself between his team leader Alonso, and the pole sitter Felipe Massa and team mate Kimi Raikkonen, who had started third!

Result....1st. Fernando Alonso....McLaren MP4-22

2nd Lewis Hamilton.....McLaren MP4-22

3rd Kimi Raikkonen.....Ferrari F2007

Carl44

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by Carl44 »

dubs;588918 wrote: The second round of F1 2007 took place today from Sepang Malaysia! World Champion Fernando Alonso, took the lead at the start, from second place on the grid. Rookie Lewis Hamilton, jumped two places at the start, putting himself between his team leader Alonso, and the pole sitter Felipe Massa and team mate Kimi Raikkonen, who had started third!

Result....1st. Fernando Alonso....McLaren MP4-22

2nd Lewis Hamilton.....McLaren MP4-22

3rd Kimi Raikkonen.....Ferrari F2007

where did damion hill finish :-3
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

TOZZPOT!!!!!:thinking:

Carl44

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by Carl44 »

dubs;588926 wrote: TOZZPOT!!!!!:thinking:

if you dont know buddy dont get all narkie about it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

I think he drives an Ice Cream van now!......Mind you, you've got to be bloody quick to stop him if you want one!!!!!!:wah:

Carl44

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by Carl44 »

dubs;588935 wrote: I think he drives an Ice Cream van now!......Mind you, you've got to be bloody quick to stop him if you want one!!!!!!:wah:

he is still knocking the cones over then mate :wah: :wah:
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

F1 2007 Round 3.....Sakhir Bahrain

After a poor start to the season, Felipe Massa wins his first Grand Prix at Sakhir, taking his points total to 17. Second place for Lewis Hamilton, puts the rookie in a three way tie at the top of the World Drivers Championship, with Alonso and Raikkonen! All on 22 points.

Result

1. Felipe Massa.....Ferrari F2007

2. Lewis Hamilton.....McLaren/Mercedes MP4-22

3. Kimi Raikkonen.....Ferrari F2007

Alonso finished a poor fifth, behind Nick Heidfeld(BMW Sauber)

dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

1. Felipe Massa......Ferrari F2007

3 Fernando Alonso.....McLaren/Mercedes MP4-22

As far as McLaren were concerned, the wrong Ferrari broke down in Sunday’s Spanish Grand Prix. Kimi Raikkonen’s F2007 was behind the silver cars when it slowed down and crept back to the pits on lap nine with an electronic problem. But Felipe Massa’s was in front, and that was where it stayed to the chequered flag, giving the Brazilian his second successive victory.

Try as Lewis Hamilton might, in making his record fourth consecutive podium finish in four rookie races, it was finally clear that the red car did indeed have a handy performance advantage as Massa had the upper hand throughout.

The one time he was challenged was by Fernando Alonso, who tried to go round him going into the first corner at the start. He nearly made it, but nearly was not enough and there appeared to be light contact between the McLaren and the Ferrari. It was enough for Alonso to slide momentarily off the road. By the time he jinked back on, Hamilton, who had beaten Raikkonen in the drag race, had slipped ahead and so had the Finn. So abrupt was Alonso’s rejoining move that he nearly caused the two BMW Saubers, Robert Kubica ahead of Nick Heidfeld, to collide.

The incident ruined Alonso’s strategy, which called, like Massa’s for an early pit stop on lap 19. It also gave Hamilton a clear run to second place, but it was soon obvious that, barring another disaster for Ferrari, Massa would not be beaten. He finished 6.7s ahead of Hamilton, with Alonso a further 10.6s adrift, thus becoming the first man to win two races this season. This, despite a dramatic flash fire around his Ferrari’s fuel filler as he exited his first stop.

Further back, Kubica had his best run of the season to annex fourth for BMW Sauber, but team mate Nick Heidfeld was desperately unlucky and eventually had to retire with fifth place in the bag due to a suspected gearbox failure. It followed an incident during his second pit stop in which he moved away before the right front wheelgun was disengaged.

That left the way clear for David Coulthard’s strongest race in a while, and Red Bull’s first points of the season after a heady battle with three-stopping Heikki Kovalainen. The Finn, like Renault team mate Giancarlo Fisichella, was forced to make an extra stop due to fuel rig problems, but nevertheless brought his R27 home seventh, separated from Coulthard - who was without third gear for the closing laps - by Nico Rosberg, who brought three welcome points back for Williams to open their seasonal score.

Behind them, Takuma Sato was a very popular eighth, thus scoring the first-ever point for Super Aguri, after a great run in which he also benefitted from Fisichella's unscheduled late stop for fuel.

Fisichella battled all afternoon with the Hondas, first with Jenson Button and later with Rubens Barrichello. They both faded once the Italian had overtaken them during the pits stops, and a collision with Barrichello in Turn One after his second cost Button his front wing and a third stop. They finished 10th (Barrichello) and 12th (Button), split by Anthony Davidson in the second Super Aguri. Adrian Sutil made it past the first lap without incident to finish 13th for Spyker, ahead of team mate Christijan Albers.

The race was a disaster for Toyota, with Jarno Trulli delaying the first start after stalling with fuel pressure problems then and retiring early, and Ralf Schumacher also failing to finish. Neither Toro Rosso made it to the flag, Scott Speed surviving a dramatic tyre failure on the home straight, and Tonio Liuzzi succumbing to hydraulic failure. Besides Raikkonen the other retirements included Mark Webber and Alex Wurz, the latter clobbering the back of Ralf Schumacher during a first lap melee.

The result moved Hamilton ahead of former record holder Bruce McLaren as the youngest driver ever to lead the world championship, with 30 points to Alonso’s 28, Massa’s 27 and Raikkonen’s 22.

chrisb84uk

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by chrisb84uk »

Great report Dubs, very accurate! Though I'm amazed you found so much to write, for what I considered to be a very, very boring race!
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

chrisb84uk;612158 wrote: Great report Dubs, very accurate! Though I'm amazed you found so much to write, for what I considered to be a very, very boring race!

Haha! Chris I nicked it off a racing website, you're right I'd have been hard pressed to come up with something as good as that!

Looking forward to Monaco!...........;) ;)

chrisb84uk

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by chrisb84uk »

Ah well you should of just taken the credit, I'm sure no-one would of known the difference hehe.

Yep Monaco is one of my favourite race tracks on the calendar. Speaking of the street circuit, what are your thoughts on this new proposed night race in Beijing for next year, think it's a good idea?
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

I've got to say, I'm not the biggest fan of Monaco! When it started, with much smaller, less powerful cars, better racing. I could see the attraction of it, now the cars are too powerful for that particular road circuit! I think it's politics, and money people, who have kept it there. The race is won on qualifying day, whoever is in pole position, and gets to the first corner in the lead, barring breakdowns, wins! I'm intrigued by this night race, if it comes off, it'll be interesting to see how the teams deal with it in a technical aspect! I can't wait for Silverstone to come round. It's too expensive for me to go to the race, but I'm going to the test days beforehand, cos it's only a tenner to get in!......:D

chrisb84uk

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well I was going to go down a few years ago, but something came up and missed out, shame as I really want to see a GP sometime soon, (and of course the British one is really the easiest option.) Though now that Spain has two, it will be interesting to see if the same may happen over here, as the sport is still really popular here, I hope so!
dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

1. Fernando Alonso....McLaren/Mercedes MP4-22

3. Felipe Massa.....Ferrari F2007

Fernando Alonso only lost the lead to team mate Lewis Hamilton during the pit stops, and then not for long. The rookie, meanwhile, fended off Felipe Massa at the start and successfully rode shotgun, never quite able to launch a challenge, all the way to the flag. The silver cars arrived there four seconds apart after their 78-lap demonstration run, and it was another 65 seconds before Massa’s Ferrari crossed the line.

It was a rout, even if it wasn’t a classic race. The expected rain never made an appearance after the clouds had come just before the start. And with Giancarlo Fisichella taking fourth place, the leading four positions on the grid were the same by the finish.

Fifth and sixth places fell to the ever-reliable BMW Saubers, a super-long first stint finally putting Robert Kubica ahead of Nick Heidfeld as both employed single-stop strategies. Alex Wurz did the same for Williams, but team mate Nico Rosberg’s promising early run came to nought with only 12th place after two pit stops.

Right behind Wurz in the final stages came Kimi Raikkonen. The Finn made up four places immediately to jump from 16th to 12th at the start, but was then bottled up for half the race behind Jenson Button’s fuel-heavy single-stopping Honda. Eventually he got clear courtesy of his own single-stop strategy, to claim the final point.

Behind him, Scott Speed drove smoothly and strongly for ninth, stopping only once, to head home Rubens Barrichello and Button. Behind Rosberg, Heikki Kovalainen had small consolation after their qualifying incident in beating David Coulthard. Both were two laps down, Coulthard losing pace thanks to a damaged front wing, as were the Toyotas of Jarno Trulli and Ralf Schumacher and the Super Aguris of Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson. The Briton’s chances of beating his team mate were thwarted when he was given a drive-through penalty for ignoring blue flags.

Mark Webber’s chances of points were damned by gearbox failure when he was fighting Barrichello and Kubica for seventh early on. Both Spykers also failed to make it home, Adrian Sutil hitting the barriers and Christijan Albers with technical problems, and Tonio Liuzzi was out after the first lap after crashing into the wall at Massenet following an early assault by Coulthard which damaged his Toro Rosso.

Alonso’s superb victory, his second of the season, puts him at the top of the drivers’ championship table again with 38 points, while Hamilton’s hard-fought second - on his first Formula One visit to the Principality - gives him the same score but he is officially second since Alonso has won in 2007 and he has yet to. Massa is on 33 points, and Raikkonen 23. In the constructors’ stakes, McLaren have 76 points to Ferrari’s 56.

dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

1. Lewis Hamilton.......McLaren/Mercedes MP4-22

2. Nick Heidfeld........BMW/Sauber F1.07

3 Alexander Wurtz.......Williams/Toyota FW29

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton came through a chaotic Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday to clinch his first Formula One victory. After no less than four safety-car periods Hamilton took the chequered flag four seconds clear of BMW Sauber’s Nick Heidfeld, with Alexander Wurz securing the final podium slot for Williams.

Hamilton led throughout as his main rivals suffered a miserable afternoon in Montreal. Team mate Fernando Alonso was a distant seventh after several offs at Turn One and a stop-go penalty for entering the pits early under the safety car.

Ferrari’s Felipe Massa was black flagged, along with Renault’s Giancarlo Fisichella, for exiting the pits under a red light, leaving Kimi Raikkonen as the Scuderia’s leading finisher in fifth. Takuma Sato was a stunning sixth for Super Aguri, passing the struggling Alonso in the closing stages, while Ralf Schumacher completed the points for Toyota.

The race was dominated by a huge crash for BMW Sauber’s Robert Kubica on lap 27, which necessitated the Polish driver being airlifted to hospital, with a broken leg.

dubs

Hungarian GP 2006

Post by dubs »

Rookie does it again.

1. Lewis Hamilton....McLaren/Mercedes MP4-22

2. Fernando Alonso....McLaren/Mercedes MP4-22

3. Felipe Massa....Ferrari F2007

Lewis Hamilton beat McLaren team mate Fernando Alonso in Sunday’s US Grand Prix to record his second successive victory and extend his championship lead over the Spaniard to ten points.

The Ferraris of Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen came home third and fourth respectively, the latter also setting the fastest lap of the race. Heikki Kovalainen was fourth for Renault, ahead of Toyota’s Jarno Trulli, Red Bull’s Mark Webber, and BMW Sauber’s Sebastian Vettel,(standing in for Robert Kubica) who took a point for eighth on his Formula One race debut.

Hamilton kept the lead at the start from pole position, but Alonso pressured his team mate all the way and was rarely more than a couple of seconds behind throughout the 73-lap race. He tried a pass into Turn One during his second stint when he had the lighter car, but Hamilton held him off and then ran unchallenged to the flag.

Return to “Sports”