Notations for Bonds in the RecordBooks

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

SAN FRANCISCO— Commissioner Bud Selig announced Wednesday that, once the Giants slugger retires, his name in the official MLB record books will be forever accompanied by an asterisk, followed by a pound sign and exclamation point, all preceded by the letter 'F'—a string of characters that, according to Selig, "will always be associated with Barry Bonds."

Enlarge Image

"When my children's grandchildren open up their Baseball Almanac a hundred years from now, they'll see this enduring, universally understood symbol right next to Barry's name," Selig said. "And when they do, they'll immediately know that this sequence of characters—F*#!—reflects history's attitude toward not only the conditions under which he was able to hit his home runs, but also the historical implications he had on the game and its records, the relationship he had with the media and fans during his momentous chase, and just the general atmosphere of baseball in an era he will come to embody."

"F*#! Barry Bonds, 714 F*#!^&% home runs," Selig said, reading a line out of the most updated version of this year's record book. "F*#! Barry Bonds."

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I understand how you feel.

OJ has his name published - everywhere - Now you have an idea how the Goldmans feel.

Barry has lost respect - My husband collects sports bs - I took a Barry commerative plate down - I can't stand him

Patsy
alobar51

Post by alobar51 »

Patsy Warnick;537787 wrote: I understand how you feel.

OJ has his name published - everywhere - Now you have an idea how the Goldmans feel.

Barry has lost respect - My husband collects sports bs - I took a Barry commerative plate down - I can't stand him

Patsy

OJ's noteriety is for committing a couple of murders, which a civil court said he did, even though a criminal court couldn't convict him.

Comparing that to a guy who took performance enhancing drugs for a sport is a bit over the line.

Based on the number of HOF votes that Mark McGuire got, or, rather, didn't get, I would not be surprised if Barry doesn't get in, at least on the first ballot. McGuire was an All American hero, had a milk commercial, the whole nine. He got 23% of the votes. That's not missing by a little. The voters sent a very clear message. Barry was never a touchy/feely guy, even on his best days

Having the hit king, Pete Rose, and the home run king both outside the HOF would be the height of comic irony.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I wasn't comparing the crime / serious nature -

I got Wolverine was disgusted with the Barry B. situation and irritated with what the future brings. The Goldmans are trying to function with their life, they get diagusted everytime OJ's name is mentioned etc..

I wasn't comparing the incidents.

Patsy
Reb185

Post by Reb185 »

This is a guy who never hit more then 40 HR's a season then all of a sudden breaks out and hits 73 or whatever it was...enough said
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Reb185;597473 wrote: This is a guy who never hit more then 40 HR's a season then all of a sudden breaks out and hits 73 or whatever it was...enough said

More like a guy that weighed a buck eighty and then all of a sudden put on 100 pounds...

Return to “Sports”