Make Poverty History Rally

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Heidikins wrote:

Let's hope that the leaders of the G8 take some courageous decisions in the coming days.I would'nt hold yer breath luv!
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

I agree with Abbey.:thinking:
minks

Post by minks »

We are proud of you Heidikins. I would like to hope the rally and the Live 8 concerts world wide made a loud enough voice for the political figures. But.......

Who knows.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
polycarp

Post by polycarp »

Heidikins wrote: Let's hope that the leaders of the G8 take some courageous decisions in the coming days.

If wishes were horses, my continent (Africa) would have experienced a positive transformation in every ramification. But from the look of things, it may just be the wonderful music of the concerts that will constitute our benefit. But I hope I'll be proved wrong.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
gmc

Post by gmc »

Politicians only have the power we choose to give them, big corporations are only profitable so long as people buy their goods, it's a mistake to feel powerless.

I have a slightly different perspective since I actually work near edinburgh, a lot of businesses have taken the week off or told their staff to work from home. The congestion is a lot less than normal so far. Don't think the more violently disposed protestors will get away with much.

Return to “United Kingdom”