The hypocrisy of the religious

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/educ ... 27396.html

"I don't agree that you get to choose which equality you can and can't have."

Got to be one of the best one liners I've heard a politician come out with. I'm fed up with the religious demanding resoect for their beliefs but refusing to accept the right of others to live without being attacked for who they are or what they believe.

Farage has played the religious card as well and is not using some of the same rhetoric abput global conspiracies as the nazis did.

The unco guid are trouble makers in any time.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

it's a bit confusing...is it a lesson in a series of lessons on equal rights or is it a 'study' just on LGBT rights?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Post by gmc »

I'm the wrong on to ask as scotland and england have different education systems we had theis debate ages ago and religious fundamentalisists tried to stop kids being taught thatbeing different is OK. My understanding is it's social studies where they teach that there are different types of people and different lifestyles and religions. LBGT gets emphasised because it's a hot button. The religious objection centres round homosexuality being a sin against god. In other words they want bigotry normalised. They claim the right to decide who is entitled to equal rights claiming it for themselves in the right to practice their religion but denying it to others because they don't approve. As it happens the media are highlighting the muslim objections but it's not just them. All monotheistic religions teach everybody else is wrong and going to hell and they don't want their children exposed to other ideas or taught to think for themselves all in the name of saving their souls.

Return to “United Kingdom”