No trump visit to the uk

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

No trump visit to the uk

Post by gmc »

Looks like donald trump won't be visiting any time soon.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4027315/t ... tape-leak/
magentaflame

No trump visit to the uk

Post by magentaflame »

Aren't you pleased?

YOu want him to sum up your Queen as he did the French prime ministers wife?...like an antique sports car?

Actually it would be funny to see him try to hand wrestle her........"JUMP ON HIM BOYS!!!!!"
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

No trump visit to the uk

Post by gmc »

Part of me wants him to come just so I can enjoy watching the protests and it might be enough to bring down the present government. Right now nritish politiocs is thoroughly depressing.
Bruv

No trump visit to the uk

Post by Bruv »

How was there a transcript of a private conversation ?

Am I being cynical ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
G#Gill

No trump visit to the uk

Post by G#Gill »

Yes, Bruv. But I agree with your question.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Saint_

No trump visit to the uk

Post by Saint_ »

He probably had a golf date to go to. The blasted guy has spent half his presidency at his own golf courses with the American taxpayers footing the bill.
spot

No trump visit to the uk

Post by spot »

Surely the cost of the Presidency is there regardless of who occupies the office.

You'd rather he was in the War Room on a daily basis?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

No trump visit to the uk

Post by FourPart »

If he were to come over here, you can bet the BBC wouldn't cover the protests, and he would promote it at how warmly the British population welcomed him, and how any stories to the contrary were just Fake News.
Saint_

No trump visit to the uk

Post by Saint_ »

spot;1510978 wrote: Surely the cost of the Presidency is there regardless of who occupies the office.

Two things bother me:

1. If he's golfing half the time, he's not doing his job and, believe me, there are plenty of pressing issues he should be working on.

2. He golfs at his own courses exclusively! That means that he and all his security team eat there and the money goes straight into his own pocket. It's a total conflict of interest.

List of Trump's Conflicts of Interest

You'd rather he was in the War Room on a daily basis?

No, I'd rather he be on the job in his office on a daily basis. I NEVER want him in the War Room...and neither do you.
Clodhopper

No trump visit to the uk

Post by Clodhopper »

If he were to come over here, you can bet the BBC wouldn't cover the protests, and he would promote it at how warmly the British population welcomed him, and how any stories to the contrary were just Fake News.

Apparently it was originally suggested that he might visit the Midlands or a strong UKIP area where he seemed quite popular but that came to nothing. This time - as befits a tv celebrity - it's his ratings that concern him and he wants May to arrange better Press coverage, according to the report above.

It will be an interesting test to see what the BBC reports if he comes over. Personally I have a suspicion that any visit would have to be incredibly stage managed with any protesters kept miles from the gibbon's location. Any rally would be to allow those who appreciate the support Trump and various associated charities gave Farage and brexit to say thank you.

Since I don't think the tango sh*t gibbon would settle for anything less than a parade through London and that would be a PR nightmare I think a visit would be stupid. NB that a week is a long time in politics, things at present appear to me to be an omnishambles and anything stupid is somewhere between possible and likely.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
spot

No trump visit to the uk

Post by spot »

Saint_;1510985 wrote: 1. If he's golfing half the time, he's not doing his job and, believe me, there are plenty of pressing issues he should be working on.

For those who believe the Brits can't do satire - this week's Private Eye...

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

No trump visit to the uk

Post by magentaflame »

"Its good to be the king"
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!

Return to “United Kingdom”