Is Spot the Grammar Vigilante?

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

You'll have to follow the link to twitter to view the video. Apologies.

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

That's him. I'd recognise that blurred face anywhere.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I wouldn't mind pixelating my jawline.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

HOW TO WRITE GOOD

1. Avoid alliteration. Always

2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.

3. Avoid cliches like the plague. They're old hat.

4. Comparisons are as bad as cliches.

5. Be more or less specific.

6. Writers should never generalise.

Seven. Be consistent.

8. Don't be redundant; don't use more words than are necessary; it's highly superfluous.

9. Who needs rhetorical questions ?

10. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.

Actually No 1 isn't alliteration. It's called something else when it's vowels.....SPOT !!... What's it called ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

Assonance.

If the identity of the Bristol Sign Therapist is made known to me I shall definitely PayPal a token of my approval.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The guy should consider a franchise in the US
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I've never been able to post to Twitter, only to view it as whenever I try to post anything I get "This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now. Please try again later." I've searched for a solution & although it seems to be a very common problem I've not managed to find a solution yet.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

FourPart;1508094 wrote: I've never been able to post to Twitter, only to view it as whenever I try to post anything I get "This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now. Please try again later." I've searched for a solution & although it seems to be a very common problem I've not managed to find a solution yet.

I post a lot of nonsense on twitter and I've never gotten that message. Maybe you should stick "Trump" in your sentence. Like "my mother taught me to say trump instead of fart when I was a small child."

I'll try that and see what happens, hold on.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Looks okay.

Here's another gem: "Lactose intolerant farts are the worst. So I've heard."

Maybe I really am a mad arseface.
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart;1508094 wrote: I've never been able to post to Twitter, only to view it as whenever I try to post anything I get "This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now. Please try again later." I've searched for a solution & although it seems to be a very common problem I've not managed to find a solution yet.

Go into a browser, log in to Twitter, change your password, log out and back in again, and try to send a tweet.

It's said there have been times when Twitter has displayed that error message to lock out huge blocks of users until each performs a password change, because they thought it possible those passwords were compromised.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Already done that.
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart;1508102 wrote: Already done that.

That was not apparent from your post.

Return to “United Kingdom”