That's telling johnny foreigner

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Britain will veto EU army, says Defence Secretary | The Independent

Britain will veto EU army, says Defence Secretary
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

UK military ill-prepared to defend

Funny old world.

I suppose that could be called a parting shot ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Momus

Post by Momus »

gmc;1501247 wrote: Britain will veto EU army, says Defence Secretary | The Independent

Jean-Claude Juncker announced plans back in 2014 as i recall, stating the cause to be a greater force against Moscow. It was evident throughout Brexit, that this operation was very much played down, lest barely mentioned, after all, we couldn't have the Brits discovering the very real possibility their first born could be conscripted into an EU army should Putin throw Merkel a queer glance at some time in the future. The objectives could be entirely counterfactual of course, with the surreptitious root cause of reducing the US influence in NATO
gmc

Post by gmc »

Momus;1501262 wrote: Jean-Claude Juncker announced plans back in 2014 as i recall, stating the cause to be a greater force against Moscow. It was evident throughout Brexit, that this operation was very much played down, lest barely mentioned, after all, we couldn't have the Brits discovering the very real possibility their first born could be conscripted into an EU army should Putin throw Merkel a queer glance at some time in the future. The objectives could be entirely counterfactual of course, with the surreptitious root cause of reducing the US influence in NATO

Oh don't tell me you believe ukip and the daily mail.
Momus

Post by Momus »

gmc;1501266 wrote: Oh don't tell me you believe ukip and the daily mail. One dabbles within the murky depths of the Daily Mail periodically when tedium overcomes me. I do much prefer the quintessential, factual reporting of The Sun for such in depth journalism especially from war zones. One can always rely on the quality of reporting and know with comforting, reassurance, that of course, every word is true. Sunday's i like a little variety, so tend to go with the Sunday Sport which offers an interesting alternative slant on such matters as invoking article 50, or indeed, the widening divide between hardliners within the Labour Party. Of course, once one has sated themselves with global affairs, one can also catch up on the Kardashian's, adding a little spice to a dreary rainy day.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The UK have never successfully opposed anything in the past. Why should we expect anything to change now? We can veto things until we're red, white & blue in the face. The EU has never taken any notice of us in the past, and it's not likely to start now.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1501252 wrote: UK military ill-prepared to defend

Funny old world.

I suppose that could be called a parting shot ?

Isnt it why theres a commnwealth?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Post by gmc »

FourPart;1501286 wrote: The UK have never successfully opposed anything in the past. Why should we expect anything to change now? We can veto things until we're red, white & blue in the face. The EU has never taken any notice of us in the past, and it's not likely to start now.

Civitas – EU Facts Can the UK veto new EU laws?

Stop playing th brexit victim card we have the same right iof veto as other countries in the eu. You forget we didn't have to sign up for all this in the fiorst place.

Now we're leaving it's all going to be so much better isn't it

Return to “United Kingdom”