Even tories secretly feel guilty.

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Revealed: the High Street names that used benefits claimants as free labour | UK Politics | News | The Independent

DWP officials argued that revealing their identities would "hurt their commercial interests" because protesters might boycott them, despite the Information Commissioner ruling just a year into the scheme that the public should have access to the list.

Now why would that worry them? Come to thin k of it didnl;t the lebdems have a hand ionn thgis? bastards.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

gmc;1499386 wrote: Revealed: the High Street names that used benefits claimants as free labour | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Now why would that worry them? Come to thin k of it didnl;t the lebdems have a hand ionn thgis? bastards.

I'll read the article providing you take you're gloves off before you type
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

It is a sensationalist headline, why knock the High street shops when if you take a look at the list of organisations that did the same, without scrolling down it includes Age Concern,Age UK and the Air Ambulance.

The practice has stopped, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I am more concerned at all the people working in jobs 'created' by the boastful government that automatically receive benefits, so companies wage bill's are subsidised by taxes.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Whats this about....cant bring up the link
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Post by gmc »

Snowfire;1499387 wrote: I'll read the article providing you take you're gloves off before you type

You're just picking on my because I'm typingly challenged.

posted by magenta flame.

Whats this about....cant bring up the link

It was a mandatory work scheme whereby the unemployed benefits claimants had to work for 30 hours a week or lose their £73 a week benefit. The employer didn't have to pay them and if they didn't turn up or were late they were sanctioned. I knew one who was 1/2 hour late one morning because he missed his bus and lost his benefit for that day. The fact he had been on time every other day in the weeks he was there didn't seem to be taken in to account. Basically employers had free labour that couldn't say no to anything they were asked to do subsidised by the taxpayers.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Ah haa! We have that here but only community organisations are allowed to use people.

The problem here though in my area is there are more people out of work than places available....and guess who gets punished?

We also have work for the dole programs for an extra $20 on top of the dole.

Im not sure about private business yet ....but it wouldnt surprise me if its coming.

Slave labour in all cases.....although i didnt mind doing a stint at the court house museum....but the normal volunteers there didnt like people being sent there encroaching on their volunteer work.

Ive been rather ill over the last twelve months so coyldnt work full time even if i wanted to. Disability is non existent because of some kind of change to an insurance scheme in which 75% of will be privately run.

My job provider (which is an oxymoron) has told me to be reassessed by centrelink so i only have to find partime work..... our system is a mess.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

gmc;1499404 wrote: You're just picking on my because I'm typingly challenged.

posted by magenta flame.

It was a mandatory work scheme whereby the unemployed benefits claimants had to work for 30 hours a week or lose their £73 a week benefit. The employer didn't have to pay them and if they didn't turn up or were late they were sanctioned. I knew one who was 1/2 hour late one morning because he missed his bus and lost his benefit for that day. The fact he had been on time every other day in the weeks he was there didn't seem to be taken in to account. Basically employers had free labour that couldn't say no to anything they were asked to do subsidised by the taxpayers.

Hang on! 30 hours is considered partime work and only 8 hour off full time work.....wtf? Oh my god ! A private business has the tax payer pay underpaid workers
gmc

Post by gmc »

magentaflame;1499407 wrote: Hang on! 30 hours is considered partime work and only 8 hour off full time work.....wtf? Oh my god ! A private business has the tax payer pay underpaid workers

It also begs the question if they need staff to the ectent they find numbers of people like this useful why aren't they taking on more workers.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1499404 wrote: I knew one who was 1/2 hour late one morning because he missed his bus and lost his benefit for that day..

The employer must have been a right a*s%, you can't legislate against that............or can you?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

When I was working for the National Careers Service it was truly horrific to see the things that people were getting sanctioned for. One person in particular - terminally ill with cancer & only expected to survive another 6 months was told that she was capable of finding Temporary Employment & was sanctioned because she refused. Fair enough, she won her appeal, but in that period of appealing & winning her case, she was without income. But, of course, when someone is sanctioned they are no longer claiming benefits, and if they are not claiming benefits. If they are not claiming benefits then they are not unemployed, and if they are not unemployed, then they must be employed - and, as Cameron always delighted in claiming, the Tories have the highest employment rate ever.

Voluntary work was always a good thing to have on one's C.V. When that 'Voluntary' work becomes mandatory it totally negates the benefit of doing the voluntary work in the first place.

When National Corporate Giants can take on drones, funded by the Government, then why should they pay out to take on staff? I imagine that these Slavery condition workers were probably also added to the 'Employed' statistics.

Return to “United Kingdom”