Colonial interferes in brexit debate

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Barack Obama: UK ‘at back of queue’ for trade post-Brexit - The Scotsman

The London mayor also became embroiled in controversy for referring to Mr Obama’s “part-Kenyan” ancestry in an article for a tabloid newspaper which suggested he may have an “ancestral dislike of the British Empire” due to his heritage.

Ukip leader Nigel Farage later agreed, insisting that “because of his grandfather and Kenya and colonialisation, I think Obama has a bit of a grudge against this country”.

you have to laugh nothing like a rational debate on all the issues.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Obama didn't even know his grandfather or especially his own father. Met him only once I believe. London's mayor, and Farage, are racists. I had read this about the mayor yesterday. Disgusting, and what's worse, STUPID.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Public schoolboys trying to be funny. Boris seemslikely to be the next tory leader. None of our political parties are any more than the means by which apparatchiks climb to the top.

Mhairi Black: Voted out by thousands and in by three people - this is what we call democracy in the UK | Comment | The National

Mr Thurso – or Viscount Thurso as he now calls himself again – joins a cast of more than 800 members of the House of Lords. This is the second largest parliamentary chamber in the world, beaten only by the National People’s Congress in China with almost 3,000 members but covering a population of over 1.3 billion. This also puts into context the plan by the Tory Government to reduce the number of MPs in the House of Commons while increasing the membership of the House of Lords.

Matbe the appeal of the likes of Donald Trump and bernie saunders as they are so clearly ouitwith the political establishments.

Return to “United Kingdom”