So why no mention of Tory divisions?

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Trident: Jeremy Corbyn hopes to alter Labour's stance on nuclear weapons by stripping shadow Cabinet of power | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Arguuably cmareon has similar problem within his party he has his own cabuinet stabbing him in the back as well. Bout time we had a proper discussion about trident rather than this portrayal of anyione questioning the need as a loony tree hugging lefty

The Green Benches: Jeremy Hunt co-authored a book calling for the NHS to be dismantled

Sod corbyn why no angst in the papers about a tory oarty that is idealogically hell bent on dismantling the welfare state against the wishes of most of the population. Jeremy hunt is on nrecord as stating the NHS should be privatised now he's set about doing it
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1491290 wrote: Trident: Jeremy Corbyn hopes to alter Labour's stance on nuclear weapons by stripping shadow Cabinet of power | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Arguuably cmareon has similar problem within his party he has his own cabuinet stabbing him in the back as well. Bout time we had a proper discussion about trident rather than this portrayal of anyione questioning the need as a loony tree hugging lefty

The Green Benches: Jeremy Hunt co-authored a book calling for the NHS to be dismantled

Sod corbyn why no angst in the papers about a tory oarty that is idealogically hell bent on dismantling the welfare state against the wishes of most of the population. Jeremy hunt is on nrecord as stating the NHS should be privatised now he's set about doing it

I think you know the answer as well as I do - a biased media manipulating public opinion in their own perceived interests.
gmc

Post by gmc »

What I dont understand is why we are all accepting this crap. It's sad to see blairites hell bent on destroying the labour party what we really need is issues like wlfare and re-nar=tionalisation pit back on the discussion table. I suspect of labour put in their manifesto that they would undo every privatisation of the the nhs by the tories they would have a landslide. trou8ble is new labour were at it as well.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1491309 wrote: What I dont understand is why we are all accepting this crap. It's sad to see blairites hell bent on destroying the labour party what we really need is issues like wlfare and re-nar=tionalisation pit back on the discussion table. I suspect of labour put in their manifesto that they would undo every privatisation of the the nhs by the tories they would have a landslide. trou8ble is new labour were at it as well.

So if Labour split into New Labour and Trad Labour and the Tories split into Pro Europe and Go it Alone do you think that the British would have more democratic choice?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bryn Mawr;1491312 wrote: So if Labour split into New Labour and Trad Labour and the Tories split into Pro Europe and Go it Alone do you think that the British would have more democratic choice?
Only if we had Proportional Representation.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1491316 wrote: Only if we had Proportional Representation.

Halve the size of each of the major parties and you'd get a lot of the smaller parties coming into the mix anyway.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bryn Mawr;1491312 wrote: So if Labour split into New Labour and Trad Labour and the Tories split into Pro Europe and Go it Alone do you think that the British would have more democratic choice?

I agree with four part only if we get proportional representation. I would really copndemn the libdems for their failure to get it as part of a coalition deal when they held the whip hand on the matter they could have made it a condition of their going in to coalition with either of the other parties. Cameron et al really saw them coming imo. I think they have lost their core support.

A second referendum is increasingly likely if the tories get in again I don't think cameron quite grasps the level of dislike his party has in scotland especially if they continue privatising the nhs. If it wasn't for PR in the holyrood elections it's quite possible the tories would have no seats in the scottish parliament at all.

Return to “United Kingdom”