£500million upgrade in show of faith

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

George Osborne to give Scottish submarine base a £500m upgrade | Daily Mail Online

He cannot talk, read or write, but Tories want severely disabled Stuart Chester fill in 20-page form to keep benefits

He cannot talk, read or write, but Tories want severely disabled Stuart Chester fill in 20-page form to keep benefits | News | The National

OK there arethose who rip off the benefits system but if you're poor you go to jail or lose your benefits if you're an MP and fiddle your expenses or use your position for your own pecuniary advantage you get given a knighthood.

Just saying.
spot

Post by spot »

If they've money to spare up at Faslane I might bid for the paint-the-submarines contract. They have to stay black to scare the opposition, so there must be a chap goes round with a scraper and a tin of anti-fouling stickum stuff when it's not raining.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

gmc;1485311 wrote: George Osborne to give Scottish submarine base a £500m upgrade | Daily Mail Online

He cannot talk, read or write, but Tories want severely disabled Stuart Chester fill in 20-page form to keep benefits | News | The National

OK there arethose who rip off the benefits system but if you're poor you go to jail or lose your benefits if you're an MP and fiddle your expenses or use your position for your own pecuniary advantage you get given a knighthood.

Just saying.

It's always the same, GMC. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, or go to jail, and the 'fat-cats' get a big, fat bonus for failure! :-5
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Doesn't mean we have to accept it though does it? We are disadvantaged in that those who make the laws are also those who use their position for their own advantage they don't want things like proportional representation that would put power back in the hands of the electorate - it's actually one of the main changes that have galvanised scottish politics

He's rather pre-empting the vote in the house on trident being renewed once the money is spent it's spent. The tragedy is the number of people that fall for the line that the economic advantages to the region of nuclear weapons couldn't be replaced with alternatives. We don't hav enough ships for the conventional navy for an island nation that is ludicrous.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

gmc;1485413 wrote: Doesn't mean we have to accept it though does it? We are disadvantaged in that those who make the laws are also those who use their position for their own advantage they don't want things like proportional representation that would put power back in the hands of the electorate - it's actually one of the main changes that have galvanised scottish politics

He's rather pr-emoting the vote in the house onn trident being renewed once the money is spent it's spent. The tragedy is the number of people that fall for the line that the economic advantages to the region of nuclear weapons couldn't be replaced with alternatives. If they bwere really that great theyt would be moved down south somewhere

No indeed, it's high time someone stood up to the idiots! I can see Scotland having another vote on independence in the future....As for nukes, I feel that a limited deterrent is desirable, but conventional force is more practical for most purposes.

Knowing the foolhardiness of most politicians, I would guess that soon we'll have no nukes, AND little/no conventional force, either!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

Return to “United Kingdom”