Election decisions decisions..........

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Those in government reckon we are in recovery, I don't see it.

Out of those in contention Miliband is doing a Mr Bean tribute act, a likable enough fellow with good intentions but still a comedy character.

Clegg is appearing on comedy programs to show he is one of us, Farage is yet another comedy stand up act.

The only one I feel I could put my cross against.......I can't because she leads the SNP.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

Stop thinking of it as a national election then. Decide which of the electable local representatives on your ballot paper is best for your constituency. That's the basis on which I'm voting this time, anyway. I would no more pass Cameron, Farage, Clegg or Miliband a tissue if their nose were dripping than vote for any of their parties, because their parties are no longer honourable institutions in this country and they themselves are perpetual outcasts from all civil intercourse.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I reckon we could do with more candidates like Boris. Sure, he may be a Tory, but he doesn't seem to give a toss about Party Policy, rather than what's best for his Constituents.
gmc

Post by gmc »

In scotland the fact that the snp want independence has almost become an irrelevance it's more to do with rejection of the me too policies of the main political parties. Jim murphy is a turn off for many especially the way he was brought in as a "big hitter" to save the union, now they trot out gordon brown really labour supporters are not all quite as gullible as the westminster party likes to think. There used to be a roughly fifty/fifty split labour /tory in scottish politics thatcher started changing that blair did it for labour. The tories were always for the rich but had a kind of genteel social conscience now it's you're poor and disadvantage but we can no longer afford to care. Most people with half a brain cell know that the current financial crisis has bugger all to do with too much spent on welfare.

What really brought on the snp imo was the gloating triumphalism on the part of the unionist parties and especially cameron waiting only a day to make it clear that were were not all an important part of the union and labour were side by side with the tories, it's kind of right you bastrad if that's the way it's going to be ---

Top tip for politicians – if a journalist asks you if you’re a hypocrite, the answer should be no.

Zero-hours contracts: Labour guilty of hypocrisy? | Alex Thomson's View | Alex Thomson's View
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1478288 wrote: Stop thinking of it as a national election then.
That makes it worse, the winner is Damian Greene, followed by Lib Dems or Labour who swop places on rare occasions...............whatever way I vote.

I know who I am voting for, but it still doesn't help.
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1478302 wrote: That makes it worse, the winner is Damian Greene, followed by Lib Dems or Labour who swop places on rare occasions...............whatever way I vote.

I know who I am voting for, but it still doesn't help.

I helped throw out William Waldegrave once, it's always worth trying.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1478305 wrote: I helped throw out William Waldegrave once, it's always worth trying.

Oh don't get me wrong..........I am very trying, I shall be trying again this time too.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FourPart;1478296 wrote: I reckon we could do with more candidates like Boris. Sure, he may be a Tory, but he doesn't seem to give a toss about Party Policy, rather than what's best for his Constituents.

That must be why he was sidelined as London Mayor then - those in Westminster who don't toe the party line find themselves deselected and out of the party, constituents be damn'd.
spot

Post by spot »

I think he chose the Mayor platform as a route to PM, I don't think he was deselected.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1478520 wrote: I think he chose the Mayor platform as a route to PM, I don't think he was deselected.

Not deselected but I don't think he chose it - more Hobson's Choice.

Return to “United Kingdom”