Is this for real ?

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
Bruv

Is this for real ?

Post by Bruv »

This has to be a wind up hasn't it ?

Diane Abbot is not my favourite politician but I think she has enough up top not to be this ridiculous.

UKIP Voicesand reblogged HERE Which is worse as he at least is already a UKIP Councilor
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

I'm far from being racist, but I am also vehemently opposed to Positive Discrimination of all kinds, be it by Race, Gender or Sexuality. Regardless of what it is that is being discriminated against, be it positive or negative, it is still blatant discrimination. If the same thing were to be promoted in a predominantly White ward that Whites would be favoured they would be prosecuted, and quite rightly so, before the posters even got as far as the billboards.

Of course, though, if it is a predominantly Black region, it's common sense that the Black candidate is more likely to get the votes than a White one. Furthermore, it probably wouldn't even make any difference what party they were standing for. I know that, in itself, may sound racist, but I am also a realist. I say what I see & don't hide behind Political Correctness.

Just as when you see so often in the Situations Vacant the phrase "We Particularly Welcome Applicants From The Ethnic Minorities", I believe this should be banned, just as it would be if you were to see "We Particularly Welcome Applications From Whites". Yes, there should be equal representation, but it should also be equal opportunities for all & applicants / candidates should be able to win or lose on their own merits. That is the very definition of Equality.
LarsMac

Is this for real ?

Post by LarsMac »

Amazing what you can do with Photoshop, these days, too.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Is this for real ?

Post by flopstock »

Is Negro a common current term across the pond these days? At first I thought that was what you were questioning. but the billboard doesn't surprise me for a moment. I have the same objection to BET, the recent Black Girls Rock, and a host of other special treatment events going on in our culture. Part of what keeps folks Racist is the notion that one group is different to another and require special treatment. The idea of that implies that a certain group is NOT as capable as another. Which builds resentments - which just keeps it keepin' on, IMO.

We are about to be played politically over here re Hispanics and immigration reform. Everything over the last year has all been part of the set up.:thinking:

Bruv;1477263 wrote: This has to be a wind up hasn't it ?

Diane Abbot is not my favourite politician but I think she has enough up top not to be this ridiculous.

UKIP Voicesand reblogged HERE Which is worse as he at least is already a UKIP Councilor
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snowfire

Is this for real ?

Post by Snowfire »

Who uses the word "negro" ? The blog reads like an BNP piece.

The whole thing is wrong on so many levels
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
High Threshold

Is this for real ?

Post by High Threshold »

If she really endorsed that she's charging head-long, straight into a cul-de-sac. Her career is finished. And what is a "negroe culture"?
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

The interesting part here is that the Colin Mair blog link has been suspended due to breach of Ts&Cs
Snowfire

Is this for real ?

Post by Snowfire »

I cant find any other mention of this other than the Ukip blog. Your other link, Bruv, no longer exists

Winston Churchill
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

I can't find any mention of the poster anywhere other than on Nationalist sites. One of them claimed that the graphic was downloadable from the Labour Website. I looked there & couldn't find it.

I would have thought something like that would have hit the main national news within minutes & its absence leads me to wonder if it's for real or some propaganda hoax.
Snowfire

Is this for real ?

Post by Snowfire »

The Daily Mail would have covered it by now, had their been any substance in it. Its right up their street.

Im still shocked by his use of language and prehistoric attitudes to race

Negroes are really a charming people and are entirely harmless to approach, indeed the stigma that Negroes receive is really quite unnecessary.

Winston Churchill
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

Snowfire;1477286 wrote: The Daily Mail would have covered it by now, had their been any substance in it. Its right up their street.

Im still shocked by his use of language and prehistoric attitudes to race

I was looking on her FaceBook page, where it has been posted, but the link is to the same Nationalist site. I've also made a posting on it regarding my disgust at it. The curious thing is that the post says that the poster went up over 2 weeks ago, yet there's still no mention of it in the news. It leads me to wonder why not - that is, if it's genuine.
flopstock

Is this for real ?

Post by flopstock »

This thing reads so nasty that I have to wonder if it wasn't a hoax put out to make this group look stupid when they responded..lol
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Is this for real ?

Post by Bruv »

Well...............I suspected it was a hoax, the speed that the blog has been closed confirms my first feelings.

Nobody uses the term Negroes, and Diane Abbott can be very obnoxious at times but she's not that stupid.

I wonder who such rubbish benefits ?
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

I did find this report...

UKIP’s Colin Mair ‘cloned’ - Fake website and twitter account ‘smear’ candidate - Louth Leader

And because the alleged poster only seems to appear on a Right Wing, vehemently anti-semite website, I very much doubt the poster is genuine.
LarsMac

Is this for real ?

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1477298 wrote: I did find this report...

UKIP’s Colin Mair ‘cloned’ - Fake website and twitter account ‘smear’ candidate - Louth Leader

And because the alleged poster only seems to appear on a Right Wing, vehemently anti-semite website, I very much doubt the poster is genuine.

Like I said, It is truly amazing what can be done with Photoshop.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Is this for real ?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

flopstock;1477273 wrote: I have the same objection to BET, the recent Black Girls Rock, and a host of other special treatment events going on in our culture. Part of what keeps folks Racist is the notion that one group is different to another and require special treatment.

Special treatment? That's laughable. And BET is a business like any other. In case you haven't noticed, it's white folks who have been getting the special treatment for centuries. As to what keeps folks Racist? The fact that they already are!
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

AnneBoleyn;1477308 wrote: Special treatment? That's laughable. And BET is a business like any other. In case you haven't noticed, it's white folks who have been getting the special treatment for centuries. As to what keeps folks Racist? The fact that they already are!
In my experience, when different races accept each other as equals racism disappears. However, when they keep to their own ethnic groups & claim discrimination & demand preferential treatment at every opportunity it gets people's back up & furthers the cause of racism. It's a self perpetuating problem & the only way out of it is to ignore any racial differences in the first place instead of just keeping to your own kind.

Once again, it's a statement that sounds racist, but I'm afraid it's the way of the world. It takes 2 to view each other as equals (and the same goes for any other type of discrimination).
AnneBoleyn

Is this for real ?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

It sounds racist because it IS Racist. Black people have been forced into segregation in many various ways. In what ways can you say black people consider themselves superior to whites? which is what the whites have always done & still too often do. Most people arrive at their status by inheritance, & black people have only started on this road. There is no reason to ignore obvious racial differences, it is the importance one places on it, not that it exists in the first place. Black people, in America, on the whole, receive different treatment in many areas based on race. To deny that reality is fantasy.
Bruv

Is this for real ?

Post by Bruv »

On the face of it, a renegade Tory or some other right leaning person or organisation have put up a one page blog, this blog has has been re blogged by another pretend blogger in the name of a UKIP Councilor, in order to damage UKIP and Labour...................and we are discussing it seriously.
flopstock

Is this for real ?

Post by flopstock »

Nope, I have to disagree. Equal is equal and that is what needs to be demanded. I don't treat anyone differently based on any of the PC criteria of the day. An idiot is an idiot and really my only true prejudice..lol. I am blind to all the superficial crap. WET would be no more except-able to me, or miss white usa than the black version of this business or event.

Quit forcing folks into labels - quit separating folks based on those labels and finally, give everyone the opportunity to demand equal treatment - not better or worse treatment - just equal.

AnneBoleyn;1477308 wrote: Special treatment? That's laughable. And BET is a business like any other. In case you haven't noticed, it's white folks who have been getting the special treatment for centuries. As to what keeps folks Racist? The fact that they already are!

FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

When preferential treatment in the way of Positive Discrimination is not only accepted, but has come to be expected, that is the indication that things are not being treated equally.

In every city you will find the Ghetto sectors where 90%+ are of ethnic cultures, frequently not even speaking the language of the country, despite being 2nd or 3rd generation (or more) immigrants. The tax payer is then expected to pay out for interpretors to tell them what benefits they're entitled to. Is it any wonder that it gets people's backs up & promotes further racism? Those that integrate (by marrying, for instance) outside of their own culture are often shunned by their friends & family for doing so. This is reality. It's what happens. If I state that fact I am seen as being a racist. Where is the sense in that. I am quite willing to embrace other cultures into my own, but that willingness is wasted when it is denied.

In all things like will attract like, be it by race, social status, or whatever the unit for discrimination is, and then they will blame everyone else for not treating them equally by giving them preferential treatment. By denying what is plain to see wherever you go is simply the ostrich effect. Yes, there are countries, such as America which have an abysmal record as far as racism is concerned, but in this particular instance we are talking about conditions in the UK.

Here's a different example of discrimination from a different tack. My friend, Ebe, is an immigrant, originally a refugee from Idi Amin. He is a Muslim, of Indian origin. He is also badly disabled as a result of Polio. Because of the Indian cultural Caste system he is seen by others at his Mosque as of an inferior low caste & is treated accordingly. Worse still, he even sees himself as being of low caste & considers himself to be inferior to his peers because of it. This is fact. This is how things are. It is part of the Indian culture. It's a paradox in itself. If we embrace it then we go against everything that we stand for in a society of equality for accepting the status quo of inequality. If we deny it then we are going against everything we stand for in a society of equality by denying them their culture. So how should we deal with a situation like that? Whatever you do will be considered as being racist.
AnneBoleyn

Is this for real ?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

flopstock;1477322 wrote: Nope, I have to disagree. Equal is equal and that is what needs to be demanded. I don't treat anyone differently based on any of the PC criteria of the day. An idiot is an idiot and really my only true prejudice..lol. I am blind to all the superficial crap. WET would be no more except-able to me, or miss white usa than the black version of this business or event.

Quit forcing folks into labels - quit separating folks based on those labels and finally, give everyone the opportunity to demand equal treatment - not better or worse treatment - just equal.

WET? Is that a typo? There are countless religions stations on cable---mostly evangelical but Catholic & Jewish too. There are music stations, news stations, stations of every kind appealing directly to their own audience. So, what's your beef with BET appealing to their audience? How is that forcing labels? How does BET effect equal or unequal treatment? It's a business catering to an audience as the others mentioned, as PrimeTime does too. So, why do you single them out?
AnneBoleyn

Is this for real ?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Oh, I see. By WET, you mean White Entertainment. Well, most of it is, look at most casts of most shows, people of color are generally tokens within white shows & I'm old enough to remember when a white performer was not allowed to touch or shake hands with a black one & Nat King Cole almost lost his show because of it, when Frank Sinatra clapped him on the shoulder. When black entertainers performed in white venues, in the 1940's through the 1960's they had to arrive through the Service Entrance.

This is not ancient history, this is within memory of living beings. When I was a child, there were blacks who had been born in slavery. Given the history, what is your rush, flop? Soon things, by the nature of things, familiarity, Will Settle Down & your vision will come true. Just give it a bit more time.
Bruv

Is this for real ?

Post by Bruv »

flopstock;1477322 wrote: Nope, I have to disagree. Equal is equal and that is what needs to be demanded..................................................Quit forcing folks into labels - quit separating folks based on those labels and finally, give everyone the opportunity to demand equal treatment - not better or worse treatment - just equal.

OK then........lets take an entirely single ethnic group, a school, workplace, a town or even a country, single ethnicity being any single race, colour nationality, a group with no apparent divisions, before too long there will be high fliers and underdogs, bullies and bullied.Societies and Unions will soon be put together protecting or promoting one section over another, that is the way of humanity. Labels are doled out to distinguish the fatties, ginger tops, the clever clogs and the idiots.

Some aspire to be in another group, so diet, study, or dye their hair to fit in.

All people start off equal, but people very soon decide they personally are cleverer, or less able, or whatever........... and cling to their own.

Now............throw an obviously different group into that mix that have been shat upon for centuries and see if they swim or sink.
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1477351 wrote: OK then........lets take an entirely single ethnic group, a school, workplace, a town or even a country, single ethnicity being any single race, colour nationality, a group with no apparent divisions, before too long there will be high fliers and underdogs, bullies and bullied.Societies and Unions will soon be put together protecting or promoting one section over another, that is the way of humanity. Labels are doled out to distinguish the fatties, ginger tops, the clever clogs and the idiots.

Some aspire to be in another group, so diet, study, or dye their hair to fit in.

All people start off equal, but people very soon decide they personally are cleverer, or less able, or whatever........... and cling to their own.

Now............throw an obviously different group into that mix that have been shat upon for centuries and see if they swim or sink.
It's like a pond within an island within a lake, though. If, as in your example, you have a school of entirely ethnic (say Asian) origin, which in certain regions is far from uncommon, among a country that is predominantly white, the ethnics remain, technically, the Minority as far as the national perspective is concerned & are given Positive Discrimination as a result. However, you put a small group of whites within that Ethnic 'Minority', and it's still the 'Minority' that receives the Positive Discrimination, because this is the policy laid down by National Government based on National figures.
Bruv

Is this for real ?

Post by Bruv »

I think you miss the point I am feebly trying to make.

All peoples have bias, cliques, classes, call it what you want, where some people are favoured while others are discriminated against.

The UK still has to this day a class system, where your position in society can give you great advantage. This is a matter of provable fact, just look at out own Tory Ruling elite

To me that is blatant positive discrimination at best.

Do you honestly believe a fourth generation West Indian with university educations career path is as secure and predictable ?

If not, then there is still racial discrimination in our society.
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1477388 wrote: I think you miss the point I am feebly trying to make.

All peoples have bias, cliques, classes, call it what you want, where some people are favoured while others are discriminated against.

The UK still has to this day a class system, where your position in society can give you great advantage. This is a matter of provable fact, just look at out own Tory Ruling elite

To me that is blatant positive discrimination at best.

Do you honestly believe a fourth generation West Indian with university educations career path is as secure and predictable ?

If not, then there is still racial discrimination in our society.
I think you miss my point as well. What I am saying is that I am opposed to any form of discrimination, be it by race, religion, gender, sexuality, wealth or social standing etc. Yes, they DO exist, but my point is that it's a disgrace that their existence is further promoted by the application of Positive Discrimination, be it as open policy or behind the closed doors of the Old Boys' Network.

Of course, in an ideal world all would be equal anyway but, in reality, while one group discriminates against another, be it positively or negatively, that can never be. I may be an Idealist, but I'm also a Realist.
Bruv

Is this for real ?

Post by Bruv »

You are more idealist than realist.

Ideally there would be no public school elite, and there would be no hidden racial discrimination, but there is, to right the wrong a little tweaking is required...........temporarily.

Let me give another 'problem' scenario.............We all know the fat woman that is a bundle of fun,she jokes about her big bouncing breasts or fat derriere, we all think she is bubbly with the giggly laugh and self deprecation about the size of her gargantuan hips.......well......she sobs herself to sleep sometimes.

And that lanky bloke, how many times a day is he asked what sort of manure he puts in his boots, or if he can breathe up there, then there is the curly headed, the baldy, big chin, and of course old lugholes.

Well........the big girl can diet, the tall guy can join a basket ball team, mix with other tall guys, and the both regain their self esteem, or confidence, or come to terms with their situation in other ways.

The black bloke does not have that luxury, his situation is questioned every time he drives his 'Blackman's car' and old bill pull him over, every job interview he attends, he is never 100% sure......if..........the reaction will be neutral or hostile, or if the friendly interview was just a facade. He went to school with whites, and he knows he gets stopped and questioned in his car and just walking many times more than they do. He has overheard white people talking and heard the N bomb dropped, heard the way their conversation was going, he naturally doesn't feel totally at ease with many white people, and has at times found he cannot fully trust those whites he thought he knew well.

Positive discrimination is a poor substitute for equality, but until the day when blacks and whites can be trusted to be completely colour blind, and unease between the two is no more, positive discrimination will have to remain.
FourPart

Is this for real ?

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1477397 wrote: Positive discrimination is a poor substitute for equality, but until the day when blacks and whites can be trusted to be completely colour blind, and unease between the two is no more, positive discrimination will have to remain.

Even Positive Discrimination is, by definition, Discrimination. Furthermore, it frustrates those who would otherwise treat everybody equally & increases the tensions between the groups further.

Positive Discrimination is merely cosmetic. You cannot force people to think in a certain way. The discrimination will still be there. When one person gets a job over someone who is better experienced & qualified simply because he or she is of a 'minority' group all it serves to do is to justify the resentment that his or her peers may have had about the group in the first place & possible to sway others who might have previously considered everyone as equal as it proves they are not. The whole concept is less than self defeating.

Return to “United Kingdom”