UK Foriegn Aid

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
Bruv

UK Foriegn Aid

Post by Bruv »

Ministers will hand almost £1 billion to “green” projects in foreign countries in the year after the election, despite huge public sector cuts and job losses.

And some of our kids don't have xBox's yet.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

UK Foriegn Aid

Post by Oscar Namechange »

So what you moaning about ?

Surely It's racist to complain about giving money to foreigners ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

UK Foriegn Aid

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1469000 wrote: So what you moaning about ?

Surely It's racist to complain about giving money to foreigners ?

I reckon we could afford £2 billion easy
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

UK Foriegn Aid

Bruv;1469021 wrote: I reckon we could afford £2 billion easy Yep, easy, when we withdraw from the EU
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

UK Foriegn Aid

Post by gmc »

I do think we shouod stop giving aid to countrues like india, pakistan and china when they could well afford social programmes themselves. Maybe if we didn't give aid the social upheaval might make a difference.
Oscar Namechange

UK Foriegn Aid

gmc;1469125 wrote: I do think we shouod stop giving aid to countrues like india, pakistan and china when they could well afford social programmes themselves. Maybe if we didn't give aid the social upheaval might make a difference.

Totally agree... By co-Incidence we had our Annual Conference last week and one of the motions we debated for Party Policy was Foreign Aid. We ended up voting to end all state foreign aid but as we are actually human beings, we voted Instead for a disaster fund. ie funds held where we can help people oversea's In their time of need.

The problem Is, with any aid, you will never change corrupt governments In third world countries.

Yet don't forget, no-one In any other country gave a toss about the people affected by the flooding last year... the UK never got a penny
FourPart

UK Foriegn Aid

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1469128 wrote: Totally agree... By co-Incidence we had our Annual Conference last week and one of the motions we debated for Party Policy was Foreign Aid. We ended up voting to end all state foreign aid but as we are actually human beings, we voted Instead for a disaster fund. ie funds held where we can help people oversea's In their time of need.

The problem Is, with any aid, you will never change corrupt governments In third world countries.

Yet don't forget, no-one In any other country gave a toss about the people affected by the flooding last year... the UK never got a penny
I totally agree. When it comes to unpredicatble disasters help should be unconditionally forthcoming without discrimination. However, countries that are proving to have a thriving economy of their own, such as India with it's Space Program, are not deserving of aid & it's insulting of them to expect it.

Plus, as you said, where was the Foreign Aid when our people needed it?

Return to “United Kingdom”