Brown and darling leave sinking ship

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

BBC News - Alistair Darling to stand down as MP

Tributes abound as Brown confirms he'll stand down as MP | Herald Scotland

Goodbye and thanks for nothing
gmc

Post by gmc »

I know leave is spelt with and L how do you edit the title?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Nothing wrong with eaving. I eft just last night.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1468549 wrote: I know leave is spealt with and L how do you edit the title?

You are doing that on purpose now aren't you ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1468551 wrote: You are doing that on purpose now aren't you ?

Attention Must be paid!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1468549 wrote: I know leave is spealt with and L how do you edit the title? Click on ' Go advanced'.... then click on ' Edit'... that should eave you with the option to edit the title.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

And there's no 'a' in 'spealt'.
gmc

Post by gmc »

At least I know it's bad spelling or rather typing.

No comments on the nonentities leaving the labour party?

Who has been the most destrucrtive prime minister - thatcher or blair?

Years from now I can see questions along those lines as part of a history paper.

Which one did the most damage to the body politic in the UK.?

The failure of the major parties to live up to the scottish referendum pledges ultmately led to the break up of the union and an indpendent scotland. - Discuss laying out clearly your arguments for or against the hypothesis and what other factors may have been in play.

The success of UKIP in the 2016 general election led to the UK leaving the EU, the break up of the union, the move to independence of scotland and the current third world status of england and wales Discuss laying out clearly your arguments for or against the hypothesis and what other factors may have been in play.

What was The British National Party and where is it now?
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1468569 wrote:

What was The British National Party and where is it now?

I think sometimes the media are too harsh when a long standing politician stands down particularly when they are of older years such as Brown and have had a long career. We slate politicians for being too old and losing the plot with age but then slate them If they go too quickly. Darling should have gone years ago... about as useful as a phart In a spacesuit.

Well you asked, so I'll tell you... I just got back from the annual conference oup north... We had three European leaders of Nationalist parties speak, Germany, Poland and Spain and It was very Interesting to hear the similarities of nationalism and trends In those countries and It Is very similar to what Is happening here.

We were decimated from the Bron's leadership challenge two years ago and In all honesty, we feared the Party would fragment further when we expelled Griffin. In fact, many wrote us off. People did resign when Griffin was expelled because for one, they believed Adam's different approach would do the Party further damage. We had people also saying that It would be decades before we could ditch the baggage of Griffin.

But something really strange happened Saturday night. I was watching Lancashire ITV In my hotel room and they announced the BNP were In Blackpool for the annual conference. That was a first ! Then I'm sitting there waiting for the negative crap to come and far from It. It's the first time a newsreader has called us delegates. They also did an article In the Blackpool Gazette and radio stations. It was the positivity of the reporting, we have never had that. It does appear we have turned a corner In that respect.

At the conference, there were many good people we lost that have returned because they couldn't work under Griffin.

Anyway... the upshot Is this... we know we can't make great gains In May. We don't have the backers UKIP have to be able to stand a candidate In every Ward but having said that, we do have some quality candidates that the Party are Investing everything Into. We only need two returned and we will finally have a voice. Yet, we are not kidding ourselves. All our work today Is for 2020 when UKIP are seen by the electorate for what they really are. We believe by then, they will have created chaos to the estblishment and then, we'll pick up the pieces.

We are rebuilding and that will take time..yet we are who we are and we never give up and we'll never go away.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

Comparted to ukip the bnp are almost sounding sane and well thought out and curiously less xenophobic.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1468586 wrote: Comparted to ukip the bnp are almost sounding sane and well thought out and curiously less xenophobic.

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Retirement should not be confused with Resignation. My M.P., John Denham, is standing down at the next election in favour of Rowenna Davis. He's not guilty of any wrongdoing. He just thinks it time to hand over the reins.

Personally I think Gordon Brown is a total pratt & good riddance to bad rubbish, but no matter what the media hypes it up as, it's still a case of retirement rather than resigning in disgrace.
gmc

Post by gmc »

My point was they are both getting out before the labour party ceases to be a political force in scotland.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1468624 wrote: My point was they are both getting out before the labour party ceases to be a political force in scotland.

Not so silly then ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

gmc;1468624 wrote: My point was they are both getting out before the labour party ceases to be a political force in scotland.
I doubt it will. Sure, there was a surge in support of SNP around the referendum, but now that's all over & the vote was 'No', I imagine things will probably settle down to much as it was beforehand.

Return to “United Kingdom”