The end of labour?

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

The end of labour?

Post by gmc »

Labour facing complete political annihilation in Scotland as poll reveals party could win as few as four seats - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Would take the poll with a pinch of salt but the old paradigm that you could put a monkey in a red suit up for labour and it would get elected in labour stronghold does rather seem to be on the way out. If labour supporters in england vote UKIP in protest things could get very interesting.
Oscar Namechange

The end of labour?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1466995 wrote: Labour facing complete political annihilation in Scotland as poll reveals party could win as few as four seats - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Would take the poll with a pinch of salt but the old paradigm that you could put a monkey in a red suit up for labour and it would get elected in labour stronghold does rather seem to be on the way out. If labour supporters in england vote UKIP in protest things could get very interesting.

One has to agree Mon Grand Chardon.

Looking at this recent poll

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/d ... 301014.pdf

Having said that, Labour losses In Scotland, but I still stand by my prediction of Labour gains In England and I believe they'll take them off the Lib Dems from those not quite ready to turn to the dark side of the far right UKIP.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FourPart

The end of labour?

Post by FourPart »

I reckon all parties will lose a lot of support to UKIP, as the Euro Elections proved that they are a real force to be tangled with, rather than a flash in the pan. I think Tories will get hit most though, although having said that, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Lib Dems didn't even get a seat - they sold out out & have infuriated their supporters.

I still reckon that the best thing that both Tories & Labour can do for themselves is to commit to a EU In / Out Referendum, regardless of who gets in. This was the primary policy that UKIP campaigned on, and the public showed how they felt with their votes. By not taking notice of this pseudo revolution, they're just shooting themselves in their feet. If they're so sure that the majority wants to remain in the UK, as they claim we are, let them put it to the test & prove it once & for all. That's probably the only way they're likely to get support back from UKIP.
gmc

The end of labour?

Post by gmc »

If we voted to come out it would be a disaster for the UK. Why can't our so called investigative indpendent bbc and the like point all the nionsense he comes out with rather than giving air time to the lunatic fringe in politics.

Return to “United Kingdom”