Baroness Warsi quits

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

As a bleeding Government Minister I am convinced she has spoken about Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Israel.......in fact any country that has been in her line of work.

Of course it is not always headline news and why should it be?

Take a look HERE.....
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1461635 wrote: As a bleeding Government Minister I am convinced she has spoken about Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Israel.......in fact any country that has been in her line of work.

Of course it is not always headline news and why should it be?

Take a look HERE.....

Of course she's spoken about Syria, Iraq, Pakistan. In her position, It would have been difficult not to. That's what the Foreign Office does... but that's a world away from speaking out about Israel and taking a stance.

Now It's been revealed she's to write her memoirs... CoIncidence In the timing of her resignation ? Yeah right !!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by gmc »

It seems religious hardliners are taking over everywhere with their imaginary god setting the tone of the proceedings. When god showed moses the promised land it was already occupied by another tribe the israel palestine conflict is right out of the stone age. shia/sunni the dark ages it's as if the age of enlightenment never happened. Maybe it was just a brief spark with no chance of catching fire.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

gmc;1461640 wrote: It seems religious hardliners are taking over everywhere with their imaginary god setting the tone of the proceedings. When god showed moses the promised land it was already occupied by another tribe the israel palestine conflict is right out of the stone age. shia/sunni the dark ages it's as if the age of enlightenment never happened. Maybe it was just a brief spark with no chance of catching fire.

It's not just Shia/Sunni though Is It ? The persecution of Christians now throughout the ME Is almost a genocide yet very little media headlines portray the true figures.

I watched a video of ISIS beheading Christian children last night. I watched It because frankly I didn't believe the summary given with It.

The history of the battle for power and succession of The Phrophet Mohammed raged from the 7th Century.

Think, It'll never spill Into the UK? Think again. It's already started.

Fears of Sectarian Violence in London as Police Probe Attack on Shia Muslim
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Snowfire »

Oscar Namechange;1461641 wrote: It's not just Shia/Sunni though Is It ? The persecution of Christians now throughout the ME Is almost a genocide yet very little media headlines portray the true figures.

I watched a video of ISIS beheading Christian children last night. I watched It because frankly I didn't believe the summary given with It.

The history of the battle for power and succession of The Phrophet Mohammed raged from the 7th Century.

Think, It'll never spill Into the UK? Think again. It's already started.

Fears of Sectarian Violence in London as Police Probe Attack on Shia Muslim

Wow ! an article about an event that happened back in May, headed by a photo of a group, not in London but in Baghdad.

Thats fabulous news reporting there. Looks they've had lessons from the Daily Mail in being current and relevant
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Snowfire;1461644 wrote: Wow ! an article about an event that happened back in May, headed by a photo of a group, not in London but in Baghdad.

Thats fabulous news reporting there. Looks they've had lessons from the Daily Mail in being current and relevant If you can only look to one article and don't want to explore further on the net, then I don't have the time to sit here all day loading links for you.

Yet, you can start with this:

England's Muslim leaders to media: Don't inflame Sunni-Shiite tensions | Religion News Service

Shia And Sunni Tensions In Syria Threaten To Split British Muslim Community

It's happening.
Snowfire

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Snowfire »

Oscar Namechange;1461647 wrote: If you can only look to one article and don't want to explore further on the net, then I don't have the time to sit here all day loading links for you.

Yet, you can start with this:

England's Muslim leaders to media: Don't inflame Sunni-Shiite tensions | Religion News Service

Shia And Sunni Tensions In Syria Threaten To Split British Muslim Community

It's happening.

Nope nothing there much either.

One is over a year old and the other is just a few quotes on sectarian divisions.

You are hoovering up snippets of so called news and manufacturing them into a scary picture of what may or may not happen.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Drip....drip.....drip.....drip.......

"Propaganda tries to force a doctrine on the whole people... Propaganda works on the general public from the standpoint of an idea and makes them ripe for the victory of this idea."

Guess Who ?
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Bruv;1461656 wrote: Drip....drip.....drip.....drip.......

"Propaganda tries to force a doctrine on the whole people... Propaganda works on the general public from the standpoint of an idea and makes them ripe for the victory of this idea."

Guess Who ?

You're right !

BBC News - UKIP defends MEP's 'Hitler speech' advice
FourPart

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by FourPart »

It strikes me, though, that British politicians should be focusing on British problems & no trying to fight the internal disputes of every other Rag, Tag & Bobtail 3rd World & Religiously Retarded countries. They are voted into Government to represent OUR interests - not everyone else in the world.
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1461659 wrote: It strikes me, though, that British politicians should be focusing on British problems & no trying to fight the internal disputes of every other Rag, Tag & Bobtail 3rd World & Religiously Retarded countries. They are voted into Government to represent OUR interests - not everyone else in the world.

What ??????

Are you talking about what happened recently, or the affects of our actions from years gone by ?
gmc

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1461656 wrote: Drip....drip.....drip.....drip.......

Guess Who ?

Sounds like a good argument against having faith schools of any kind whatsoever. The holocaust would have been inconceivable without 2,000 years of christian preaching that the jews killed jesus. It was the 1960's before that particular doctrine was altered by the catholic church.

Thus inwardly armed with confidence in God and the unshakable stupidity of the voting citizenry, the politicians can begin the fight for the 'remaking' of the Reich as they call it.

- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf Vol. 2 Chapter 1

Those words could as easily come from the leaders of isis.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

FourPart;1461659 wrote: It strikes me, though, that British politicians should be focusing on British problems & no trying to fight the internal disputes of every other Rag, Tag & Bobtail 3rd World & Religiously Retarded countries. They are voted into Government to represent OUR interests - not everyone else in the world.

The problem with that Is that what's happening In the ME Is a humanitarian crisis that needs allied Intervention. I would never be comfortable with that attitude.

Yes, they are voted In to represent us but also around the world. You can not expect Import/Export and trade deals while turning a blind eye to genocide.

While I'm In full favour of withdrawing our troops from all war zones, when a humanitarian crisis like this rises up, there has to be Intervention.

ISIS atrocities have already spread fro Iraq to Syria. If we turn a blind eye, numbers grow and more Innocents die.

I would rather stop all foreign oversea's aid and Instead use It on those area's needed.

I don't believe the Gaza Issue with Israel will ever be solved but turning our backs on what's happening In Iraq and Syria will Invariably come back and bite us on the bum.

After all, the crisis In Iraq Is our own doing. Sadam was a despot but the country was far more stable while he was In power. We reap what we sow, To turn our backs on Iraq now after we were the root cause for the Instability would be the crime of the century.
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461679 wrote:

I don't believe the Gaza Issue with Israel will ever be solved but turning our backs on what's happening In Iraq and Syria will Invariably come back and bite us on the bum.

After all, the crisis In Iraq Is our own doing.

It is the same crisis, and we are complicit in it all.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Bruv;1461685 wrote: It is the same crisis, and we are complicit in it all.

Then just run by me the date, allied forces deposed Benjamin Netanyahu and Khaled Mashal leaving both unstable... only I must have been out that day.
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461690 wrote: Then just run by me the date, allied forces deposed Benjamin Netanyahu and Khaled Mashal leaving both unstable... only I must have been out that day.

You can avail yourself of news and historical events from the same sources as anybody else, you can read into that information what you will...........and peculiarly THAT is the problem.........intelligent people coming up with different conclusions, from the same starting point.

The facts don't alter, only the point of view and bias on the part of the observer.
gmc

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by gmc »

Oscar Namechange;1461690 wrote: Then just run by me the date, allied forces deposed Benjamin Netanyahu and Khaled Mashal leaving both unstable... only I must have been out that day.

I have often suspected you are out to lunch rather a lot.:sneaky:

You may remember Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a jewish fundamentalist because - god forbid - he wanetd to make peace with the palestinians.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

gmc;1461697 wrote: I have often suspected you are out to lunch rather a lot.:sneaky:

You may remember Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a jewish fundamentalist because - god forbid - he wanetd to make peace with the palestinians.

That's my exact point...It goes as far back as the 60's and the 6 day war. That's why I don't believe It will be resolved In our life time until Israel acceots a two state system.

Despite disproportional retaliation from Israel ( the last time I looked, just 57 Israeli deaths to thousands of Palestians) I don't consider the conflict as a humanitarian crisis on the scale of what we are seeing In Syria and Iraq.

Bruv... Bias ??? Facts ??? What on earth are you talking about?

I have stated quite clearly that we are reaping what we sowed from Iraq and now we need allied Intervention to save Innocents lives and retore order and stabilty back to the country. It's common belief not bias that Iraq was more stable under the Hussain dictatorship... today's events prove that.

Likewise, my being neutral on the Gaza conflict also Indicates no bias...

Or are you just clutching at straws ?
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461698 wrote: That's my exact point...It goes as far back as the 60's and the 6 day war.

Go back further.........................quite a bit further.

I would surmise it is virtually impossible not to have varying degrees of bias, however much we protest.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Bruv;1461699 wrote: Go back further.........................quite a bit further.

I would surmise it is virtually impossible not to have varying degrees of bias, however much we protest.

Then prove It... show me anything I have written on Iraq, Syria and Gaza that shows bias on my part... then define how you clarify my words as bias and exactly what that clarification Is based on and Is In comparison to....
FourPart

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1461699 wrote: I would surmise it is virtually impossible not to have varying degrees of bias, however much we protest.
Regrettably, I would agree. This is not a dig at any individual. Far from it. It is a trait we are innately hard wired with.

Moe often than not, even when the unbiased (which is rare in itself) facts are laid before us, different people will still interpret them differently over who is in the right & who it in the wrong. Anyone who has a personal interest in the situation, even moreso. For instance, imagine 2 people who have never been out of the U.K. One's a Jew, the other a Muslim. I don't think there's likely to be any doubt which interpretation of the facts each of those is likely to take.

It's not even necessarily directly so much a case of conscious prejudice, rather than a matter of culture. People will instinctively tend to side with those of their own kind. When neither is their own kind then it starts to work down the trail of "The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend".

One may do their best to remain impartial, but will still end up leaning towards one or the other.
Arena

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Arena »

I admire greatly her stance.

How can you mourn dead babies ,whilst profiting from the bombs that kill them?
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461701 wrote: Then prove It... show me anything I have written on Iraq, Syria and Gaza that shows bias on my part... then define how you clarify my words as bias and exactly what that clarification Is based on and Is In comparison to....

I don't want or need to.

The fact that you think that the problem "goes as far back as the 60's and the 6 day war" as if that was the first 'shot' or the cause of later emnities shows at the least a lack of understanding to say the least.

Would you deny you have any bias in your life.......I recognise many in myself.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Bruv;1461729 wrote: Would you deny you have any bias in your life.......I recognise many in myself.

I try not to In life... I am not a sheeple and I will not go with the flow. I will contest Party lines If I believe they are Inappropriate and I know I am respected for that, as big headed as that sounds.

If I don't rate a politician, It's never because of their party or their position. It's on what they have contributed In their position.

If I don't like a public figure, It's not for their colour, creed, religion, party or cause. It's beacuse I think they're an arsshole.

I will not judge anyone on negative publicity or media Influence. ... Or I try not to...

Only when It comes to Jamie Oliver and David Dickinson... I accept bias..... bias against self publicised, orange, vaccuous, egomaniacs.
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

I rest my case.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Bruv;1461771 wrote: I rest my case. But as my lawyer pointed out during my trial when I called a police officer a wanker... I am legally entitled to an opinion....

so ner
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461773 wrote: But as my lawyer pointed out during my trial when I called a police officer a wanker... I am legally entitled to an opinion....

so ner

Obviously not a Lawyer well versed in slander then.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Bruv;1461775 wrote: Obviously not a Lawyer well versed in slander then.

You can not be sued for slander for having the opinion someone Is a wanker. He later advised me that when Insulting anyone In the future, I precede It with ' I believe you are a wanker'
FourPart

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by FourPart »

Besides, to be accused of Slander (or Libel) it has to be proved that the statement is false, and for anyone to deny that they don't masturbate is a little beyond belief.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

FourPart;1461782 wrote: Besides, to be accused of Slander (or Libel) it has to be proved that the statement is false, and for anyone to deny that they don't masturbate is a little beyond belief.

:thinking:
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Most legalities the devil is in the detail, my focus was on the Lawyers assertion/advice that...."I am legally entitled to an opinion"

That is a fact, but to publish or utter such an opinion and it is now a matter of whether it is true or not.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

On Saturday 2 August 2014 George Galloway, MP for Bradford West stated in a public meeting that:

"We have declared Bradford an Israel-free zone.

"We don't want any Israeli goods, we don't want any Israeli services, we don't want any Israeli academics coming to the university or the college, we don't even want any Israeli tourists to come to Bradford, even if any of them had thought of doing so.

"We reject this illegal, barbarous, savage state that calls itself Israel. And you have to do the same."

We, the undersigned, submit that these comments step way beyond the boundaries of free expression and legitimate debate and their only purpose was to cause harassment, alarm or distress to a specific group of people.

We further submit that this offence is a racially aggravated one.

Under S.28.1(a) of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 a crime is racially aggravated if: "At the time of committing the offence, or immediately before or after doing so, the offender demonstrates towards the victim of the offence hostility based on the victims membership (or presumed membership) of a racial or religious group or; (b) the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by hostility towards members of a racial or religious group based on their membership of that group."

We would further submit that under S.28.4 a 'racial group' means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.

We further submit that the facts consitute a prima facie case against Mr Galloway and at this stage there is sufficient evidence to charge him and put him before the courts.

To:

The Crown Prosecution Service, The Senior Prosecutor

To bring about a prosecution against George Galloway MP under S.5(1) of the Public Order Act 1986

Sincerely,

[Your name]

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/t ... ialog_true
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

"We reject this illegal, barbarous, savage state that calls itself Israel"

He is protesting the actions of a state called Israel.
Arena

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Arena »

Do not confuse Israel with Jews. It is like calling all Ireland catholic.

Many Jews who are not Israelis ,oppose the barbarism that the present Israeli government are indulging in.

Just as the sanctions against Russia are aimed at the present regimes barbarism in Ukraine.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Bruv;1461941 wrote: "We reject this illegal, barbarous, savage state that calls itself Israel"

He is protesting the actions of a state called Israel.

Oh come off It !!!!

For one, exactly how long do you think It would have been before Nick Griffin was arrested had he said the same In our two tier police state>

Two, anyone can protest over the disproportional force used by Israel on Palestians but to declare a city an Israel free zone ? Barred to Israeli tourists and trade?

Come off It.... It's Inciting racial hatred In a predomanently Muslim city against Jews.
FourPart

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by FourPart »

Should George Galloway be prosecuted for inciting racial hatred? - Barrister BloggerBarrister Blogger
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

FourPart;1461949 wrote: Should George Galloway be prosecuted for inciting racial hatred? - Barrister BloggerBarrister Blogger

That's a well written blog... I totally agree with this paragraph

It is true that he did not make any explicit threat of violence towards Israelis, but I see no reason why “threatening words” should necessarily involve an explicit threat of violence: a threat to shun and avoid a particular racial group could also be considered a threat, as could a demand that a particular racial group should leave a city.
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461944 wrote: Oh come off It !!!!

For one, exactly how long do you think It would have been before Nick Griffin was arrested had he said the same In our two tier police state>

Two, anyone can protest over the disproportional force used by Israel on Palestians but to declare a city an Israel free zone ? Barred to Israeli tourists and trade?

Come off It.... It's Inciting racial hatred In a predomanently Muslim city against Jews.

How long was it between the Reservoir Tavern speech and the prosecution of Jack the Ladd ?

Is this part of the drip drip of BNP Propaganda ?

The same old cry "Poor downtrodden English in our own country"

Predomenantly Muslim city ?

Where are you talking about?

Bradford ? Nearly one quarter of the population (24.7%) are Muslim
FourPart

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by FourPart »

This article gives some food for thought. Plus, from the start it seems to be rather unbiased all round.

FactCheck: will Britain have a Muslim majority by 2050? | The FactCheck Blog | The FactCheck Blog
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Bruv;1461959 wrote: How long was it between the Reservoir Tavern speech and the prosecution of Jack the Ladd ?

Is this part of the drip drip of BNP Propaganda ?

The same old cry "Poor downtrodden English in our own country"

Predomenantly Muslim city ?

Where are you talking about?

Bradford ? Nearly one quarter of the population (24.7%) are Muslim

Why bring everything back to the BNP ?

It has absolutely nothing to do with the BNP/

I have seen Labour, Tory, UKIP, etc etc calling for him to be prosecuted.

You don't even have to be politically Involved anywhere to be disgusted at his anti-semiticism.
gmc

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by gmc »

It's getting silly. If you criticise the pope for turning a blind eye to paedophilic priests are you anti catholic, if you object to taxpayers funding faith schools are you anti-religious. I'm no fan of galloway but he sometimes does have a point.

ISIS are the same people that cameron was thinking about arming to aid in their fight agaist assad in syria. In syria they are freedom fighters in iraq they are islamic terrorists.

On a side note I think we should keep well out of iraq. Let saudi arabis and iran and turkey send in their troops to iraq - after all they will be next if isis succeed.
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

gmc;1461974 wrote: It's getting silly. If you criticise the pope for turning a blind eye to paedophilic priests are you anti catholic, if you object to taxpayers funding faith schools are you anti-religious. I'm no fan of galloway but he sometimes does have a point.

ISIS are the same people that cameron was thinking about arming to aid in their fight agaist assad in syria. In syria they are freedom fighters in iraq they are islamic terrorists.

On a side note I think we should keep well out of iraq. Let saudi arabis and iran and turkey send in their troops to iraq - after all they will be next if isis succeed.

I agree. There has been times when I've silently applauded him when he's been on Question Time but this Is about over stepping the mark.

He could have made his views quite clear by concentrating on the force used by Israel Into Gaza and even earned some credit for It, but he went way too far by basically, giving a veiled threat to Israeli's not to enter Bradford.

It's the hypocrisy I despise because you know that had Griffin said It, he'd have been charged by now.

It's like Griffin and Paul Golding being arrested for handing out leaflets yet yesterday In Oxford Street, London, ISIS supporters urging British Muslims to join, handed out leaflets while the police looked on. It's hypocrital In the extreme to arrest the likes of Griffin and Golding while Anjem Choudrey continue's to preach hatred and ISIS target tourists In London. It's all very well saying anyone Is entitled to an opinion. Galloway went much, much further than that and his statements could have Instilled fear In British Israeli's. You just can't allow Galloway freedom of speech while arresting Griffin for also having an opinion on Muslim Grooming gangs. Just because any politician has once spoken sense on occassions, does not mean he will never over step the mark and many people and different political parties have also objected strongly to him this time.

That aside, I don't think we should stay out of Iraq. It's clear ISIS Jihadists seek to ethnically cleanse of Yazidis and Christians. It's a massive humanitarian crisis and we need to Intervene.

I have seen so much of what's happening In Syria and Iraq that I couldn't post here because It Is just so graphic. I look at them because half the time I don't believe the summary or headline but ISIS proudly load these pictures onto twitter to boast of their atrocities. They posted a young woman, stripped naked, held down while her juggular was cut. Her blood was collected In a bowl to be sold...I have seen a 7 year old Christian little girl who had been beheaded along with countless pictures of massacred children. This Is not freedom fighting. It Is plain murder on a mass scale and their atrocities just get worse. We must Intervene as ISIS has now spread through Syria and even Nigeria, their targets being Christians.

Again... Utter hypocrisy. Depose Sadam Hussain because the world Is outraged at his attempt to ethnically cleanse the Kurds but turn a blind eye to ISIS attempting to etnically cleanse Christians and Yazidis
gmc

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by gmc »

posted by oscar

Again... Utter hypocrisy. Depose Sadam Hussain because the world Is outraged at his attempt to ethnically cleanse the Kurds but turn a blind eye to ISIS attempting to etnically cleanse Christians and Yazidis

To me what is shocking is the inability to understand that if you support religious extremists and help them overthrow a government the likelihood is they will not be grateful and will impose their demented beliefs and slaughter anyone that disagrees and it will spread. Already in turkey an islamic government is trying to roll back the secular society.

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Tells Women not to Laugh in Public | Harut Sassounian

We laugh at but it's not he's appealing to a conservative religious section of the populace that if motivated enough could be devastating. We have the same nonsense in this country - every time somebody bleats about family values and the loss of christian morality they are not advocatimg tolerance and freedom. Hopefully we are secular enough to not let it happen here but we now have more faith schools than ever before and a constant drip drip about how religion is under attack, it's not but try asking one of these clowns why they think that you end up doubting your sanity. The realisation that many people are not capable of rational thought is still a surprise when you come across it. Tolerance to them means everyone agrees with them because they know what god wants
FourPart

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by FourPart »

gmc;1461974 wrote: It's getting silly. If you criticise the pope for turning a blind eye to paedophilic priests are you anti catholic, if you object to taxpayers funding faith schools are you anti-religious. I'm no fan of galloway but he sometimes does have a point.
I'm no fan of Hitler either, but sometimes he had a point as well.
Arena

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Arena »

It is NOT anti-semetism.

Whatever you feel about his statement.

75.3% of Israelis, are Jewish.
Bruv

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1461944 wrote: For one, exactly how long do you think It would have been before Nick Griffin was arrested had he said the same In our two tier police state

Oscar Namechange;1461969 wrote: Why bring everything back to the BNP ?

I beg your pardon ???
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

gmc;1461981 wrote: posted by oscar

To me what is shocking is the inability to understand that if you support religious extremists and help them overthrow a government the likelihood is they will not be grateful and will impose their demented beliefs and slaughter anyone that disagrees and it will spread. Already in turkey an islamic government is trying to roll back the secular society.

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Tells Women not to Laugh in Public*|*Harut Sassounian

We laugh at but it's not he's appealing to a conservative religious section of the populace that if motivated enough could be devastating. We have the same nonsense in this country - every time somebody bleats about family values and the loss of christian morality they are not advocatimg tolerance and freedom. Hopefully we are secular enough to not let it happen here but we now have more faith schools than ever before and a constant drip drip about how religion is under attack, it's not but try asking one of these clowns why they think that you end up doubting your sanity. The realisation that many people are not capable of rational thought is still a surprise when you come across it. Tolerance to them means everyone agrees with them because they know what god wants

I couldn't agree with you more...

Sorry to mention Nick Griffin again but there's a good reason . Seeing as he was the only politician with the balls to go to Syria to meet with Assad twice and actually tour danger spots and witness the horrors of the rebels himself.

At the time, our government was talking about arming the Syrian rebels to help to overthrow Assad's forces. Similar to Sadam, there's no doubt that Assad's forces can be brutal but to overthrow him would no doubt see another Iraq In 5 years time.

Assad warned Griffin that the rebels mostly The Muslim brotherhood would become a far greater force and now It appears the Muslim Brotherhood are ISIS In many area's.

But of course, our morons In Westminster continued to talk further about arming those rebels. Egypt has now declared the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organisation but hey, our government meanwhile allows them to set up In London.

The Muslim Brotherhood has Set Up Home in London - and Britain Should Beware

Christians Are Being Slaughtered By Islamic Terrorists ... But Sadly, the U.S. Is Supporting the Terrorists Washington's Blog

I also remeber Griffin talking up to five years ago of a new Holy war.... he may be a pillock but Invariably he's a pillock who's often vindicated.

ISIS Swallowing Iraq: 'They're Beheading Children' - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Arena;1461984 wrote: It is NOT anti-semetism.

Whatever you feel about his statement.

75.3% of Israelis, are Jewish. So If Nick Griffin declared Wigan a Pakistani free zone and told Pakistani tourists to stay away, you'd be perfectly happy with that would you ?

Forget this ' he made a statement' ballony. It was no ' statement'. It was a veiled threat to Bradford's Israeli's and It constitutes a section 4 public order offence.
Arena

Baroness Warsi quits

Post by Arena »

Never mind your pointless 'ifs' ,I was relpying to the FACT that being opposed to the actions of the Israeli government,does not constitute ant-semetism
Oscar Namechange

Baroness Warsi quits

Arena;1462000 wrote: Never mind your pointless 'ifs' ,I was relpying to the FACT that being opposed to the actions of the Israeli government,does not constitute ant-semetism So do you think storming out of a student debate announcing ' I don't debate with Israeli's' Is not anti-semetic.? You didn't answer my question. Would you be happy with Griffin declaring Wigan a Pakistani free zone?

Galloway said on his Facebook page: “I refused this evening at Oxford University to debate with an Israeli, a supporter of the apartheid state of Israel. The reason is simple: no recognition, no normalisation. Just boycott, divestment and sanctions, until the apartheid state is defeated. I never debate with Israelis nor speak to their media. If they want to speak about Palestine – the address is the PLO.”

Never mind that Hamas is viciously antisemitic, calls for the destruction of the Israeli state, and touts the odious Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a czarist forgery touting a fictitious plan for world domination. That’s okay. It’s just another example of the double standard whereby Israelis are held to a higher standard of behavior than Palestinians. This was recognized by one student:

Michael Baldwin, a third-year student at New College, noted that Galloway had once been given an honorary Palestinian passport, and said the MP would be “rightly indignant” if someone refused to debate him because of it. He added: “I would encourage Mr Galloway to reconsider his position, which is open to accusations of xenophobia.”

And even supporters of an Israeli boycott (the BDS) didn’t get behind Galloway’s action, with the BDS implying that it was either racism or antisemitism:

A spokesman for the Palestinian boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign moved to distance itself from Galloway’s actions, saying the movement rejected “all forms of racism, including Islamophobia and anti-Semitism”.

He added: “BDS does not call for a boycott of individuals because she or he happens to be Israeli or because they express certain views. Of course, any individual is free to decide who they do and do not engage with.”

I will lift my boycott of name-calling temporarily so I can call Galloway a moron, and add that he should be voted out of office. He’s certainly injured himself by this thoughtless and rude act. If any peace is to be forged in the Middle East, it will be through Israelis and Palestinians talking to each other.

George Galloway and his antisemitic behavior « Why Evolution Is True

Return to “United Kingdom”