Obama speaks out against UKIP

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Amazing isn't it, he is clearly against UKIP and the UK coming out of the eu and what gets the headlines?

Barack Obama backs No campaign on Scottish independence and calls for Britain to ‘remain strong, robust and united’ - Home News - UK - The Independent

But Mr Obama also took the opportunity to suggest it is “hard to imagine” that it would be in Britain's interests to break away from Europe.

Obama pleads with Scotland to vote 'No' to independence AND for Britain to stay in the European Union | Mail Online

He added: 'I think in light of the events that we are going to be commemorating tomorrow, it's important to recall that it was the steadfastness of Great Britain that in part allows us to be here in Brussels in the seat of a unified and extraordinarily prosperous Europe.

'It's hard for me to imagine that project going well in the absence of Great Britain and I think it's also hard for me to imagine that it would be advantageous for Great Britain to be excluded from political decisions that have an enormous impact on its economic and political life.

Maybe he just worries about how the rest of the uk will survive without the scots and it becoming a third world country when ukip take over.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

My first thought "Whats it got to do with you?"

Then I realised he's our friend, givig us advice.........then I thought........ "Whats it got to do with you?"
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My first thought was ' wind yer neck In, you muppet.

Of course It has something to do with him. If UKIP get a majority In a years time, which I don't think they will, more a coalition, It Is UKIP policy to withdraw all our troops except peace keeping missions and to never again use our troops In Illegal wars. If UKIP get power, Obama knows the good ole Britain Isn't going to follow him anywhere.

As for his comments on Scotland. He knows they have the oil and the nuclear weapons. If I were Scottish, I'd be afraid, very afraid given the track record.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Must admit, have no real idea of Scottish independence, the concept sounds appealing, but then I would keep that to myself.

We have this guy, Barack Hussein Obama.

It is so wrong and inappropriate that a President of the US should involve himself in the elections of a foreign democratic country.

Why that is more is the issue of

The European Union has a flag no one salutes, an anthem no one sings, a president no one can name, a parliament (in Strasbourg) no one other than its members wants to have power (which must subtract from the powers of national legislatures), a capital (Brussels) of coagulated bureaucracy no one admires or controls, a currency that presupposes what neither does nor should nor soon will exist (a European central government), and rules of fiscal behavior that no member has been penalized for ignoring. The euro currency both presupposes and promotes a fiction -- that "Europe" has somehow become, against the wishes of most Europeans, a political rather than a merely geographic expression.George Will

It has been the object of progressives, since WW1 Woodrow Wilson

This is his real objective,

To keep GB subservante to the EU.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1456501 wrote: It is so wrong and inappropriate that a President of the US should involve himself in the elections of a foreign democratic country.

Are you serious ?

Blimey I think he is.........
gmc

Post by gmc »

OK this isn't a spoof the better together campaign are using lego to explain to scots voters why we would be better off staying.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/12-t ... -could-buy

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Scottish hot dogs are bloody expensive aint they ?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1456514 wrote: Scottish hot dogs are bloody expensive aint they ?

Festival prices, you should see what they charge for your made in taiwan see you jimmy wig.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1456530 wrote: Festival prices, you should see what they charge for your made in taiwan see you jimmy wig. How much are Rab C Nesbit vests?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It's not really surprising that Obama would be in favour of a United Europe & a United Kingdom. He is after all from a Union culture, as in the UNITED States of America. He probably sees Europe as being the same sort of thing. What if, say, Hawaii decided they wanted autonomy? If it was a democratic decision, could he do anything about it? He may not agree with it, and as far as I see it he has every right to his opinions & I have no issues with him voicing them. I have great respect for Obama. Unlike most politicians he speaks his mind instead of hiding behind diplomatic rhetoric. Sure, you may not agree with him. On this particular issue, neither do I, but I believe there's nothing wrong with his being honest & saying so. Better that than kow-towing to the populace.
gmc

Post by gmc »

The most significant thing about it is the way his comment on the UK's membership of the eu is completely ignored. In terms of will it affect the way people vote then his opinion won't make a bit of difference.

Return to “United Kingdom”