UK Economy growing fastest.... blah de blah

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Britain's economy racked up its fastest growth in more than six years in early 2014, but a Bank of England interest rate rise is not imminent while the country makes up ground lost after the financial crisis.

Has anyone else noticed?

There's not an election coming up is there ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1452853 wrote: Britain's economy racked up its fastest growth in more than six years in early 2014, but a Bank of England interest rate rise is not imminent while the country makes up ground lost after the financial crisis.

Has anyone else noticed?

There's not an election coming up is there ?

There is - and the traditional manipulation of the voters is starting already.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Is it old age or experience makes us so cynical?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bruv;1452856 wrote: Is it old age or experience makes us so cynical?

Tedious repetition :-(
gmc

Post by gmc »

Guess what could stop it cold.

Britain STILL depends on coal for 40% of its electricity | This is Money

Britain STILL depends on coal for 40% of its electricity - but now it is making a Russian mine owner hugely rich, not us

Fat lot of good sanctions will do against russia when they can bankrupt us in months if they want to.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I find that astonishing.

Nuclear has to be the way forward.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I remember at the time of all the pit closures and the switch to gas powered generation the warnings that twenty years from then we would be dependent on foreign coal and that north sea gas was a finite resource that would eventually start running out in thirty years time as there was no long tern energy policy short term decisions were being made by politicians with their eye on the next election and the more rabid of theior core support. It's now thirty years later and thatcher's legacy is coming home to roost. mind you labour did bugger all when they had the chance. I think if they came back with a policy renationalising everything that was sold off without compensation to the shareholders they would win by a landslide.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1452895 wrote: I think if they came back with a policy renationalising everything that was sold off without compensation to the shareholders they would win by a landslide.

I think I might vote for that
gmc

Post by gmc »

Where are the left wing parties nowadays? It seems we have fascist and fascist light.
shinning_like_me

Post by shinning_like_me »

As we all know that In India Elections are onn, And Its Steaming hot news every minute here, Without Doubts, Narendra Modi Will be the winner this year and I hope that Too.

On the Internet Radio Station updates of poll, and candidates are given time and again
gmc

Post by gmc »

shinning_like_me;1453140 wrote: As we all know that In India Elections are onn, And Its Steaming hot news every minute here, Without Doubts, Narendra Modi Will be the winner this year and I hope that Too.

On the Internet Radio Station updates of poll, and candidates are given time and again

Funnily enough was talking to two of your countrymen today - well one countryman and one countrywoman sitting in the sunshine while fixing my computer by remote control. Had a good laugh with them they couldn't pronounce my name any better than i could theirs.

Return to “United Kingdom”