Anyone ever read this article

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Article that is on a link at the top of the home page?

The End Of Britain

It annoys the life out of me. It completely ignores the effect of little things like ww1 and ww2 - it wasn't the welfare state that bankrupted the Uk it was warfare, the monetary crisis is solely down to corporate greed and the removal of controls on the banking sector in the deluded belief that they were all decent chaps. Argentinian problems are due to decades of right wing politics was a fascist state a lack of control. I've met people who fall this stupidity (mainly daily mail readers) when you actually start taking the argument to bits they haven't a clue what you are on about.

WW" was supposed to end fascism and be a great victory for liberal democracy it might have been but fascism seems to be winning the peace.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

That publication seems to be the same sort of claptrap being pushed in the States.

Several of my family members have put up their hard-earned dollars to subscribe, and keep dragging out the crap during family gatherings.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

It's a UK subsidiary of an american holding company. Which is the sum total of waht I know about it.

MoneyWeek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For such a low circulation it seems to have rather a lot of money behind it. I just find the conclusions irritating and facile. Trouble is if you spout rubbish with authority some people do not have the nous to be skeptical.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I didn't even bother with It.... If I want to listen to bollocks, I can spend the day with Nick Griffin and Co.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I have read a certain amount of it but so far I haven't got to the bit where they suggest how one saves ones own money and assets, perhaps they don't tell you that in the finish !!!!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

G#Gill;1446582 wrote: I have read a certain amount of it but so far I haven't got to the bit where they suggest how one saves ones own money and assets, perhaps they don't tell you that in the finish !!!!

Oh, no. They lead you to a link that will show you how, should you choose to subscribe, they will give you all sorts of financial advice on how to take advantage of the coming collapse of the global economy. They then will show all sorts of other enticing offers that, should you purchase them will guarantee you a place alongside the richest of the rich, all the time, bleeding you dry.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1446556 wrote: I didn't even bother with It.... If I want to listen to bollocks, I can spend the day with Nick Griffin and Co.

As a fascist and daily mail reader i thought it was the kind of thing that would appeal to you.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1446745 wrote: As a fascist and daily mail reader i thought it was the kind of thing that would appeal to you. Awww Thanks Auld Yin
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “United Kingdom”