nutters set to take over westminster

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Ukip tops Independent on Sunday poll as the nation’s favourite party - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Full marks for entertainment value though

Despite Ukip’s soaring popularity, its credibility was dented last night when a Ukip councillor claimed that the recent flooding across the country was the fault of Parliament voting in favour of gay marriage. David Silvester, a councillor in Henley-on-Thames, defected from the Conservatives in 2012 because of his opposition to same-sex marriage. In a letter to his local newspaper, the Henley Standard, Mr Silvester wrote: ”The scriptures make it abundantly clear that a Christian nation that abandons its faith and acts contrary to the Gospel ... will be beset by natural disasters such as storms.”
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I hear it's locusts next.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

It says something when Nick Griffin thinks they're all mad.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1444993 wrote: It says something when Nick Griffin thinks they're all mad.

How is the bankrupt descendent of east european immigrants?

posted by bruv

I hear it's locusts next.

Na the tories are already in power in coalition with the wankers.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1444994 wrote: How is the bankrupt descendent of east european immigrants?

posted by bruv

Na the tories are already in power in coalition with the wankers. He's fine thanks.... they're going after his 2nd In command now, Simon Darby...We're having a whip round... we got 74 pence so far...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nutters cannot take over Westminster, they already control it
theia

Post by theia »

Bryn Mawr;1444998 wrote: Nutters cannot take over Westminster, they already control it

So true, Bryn
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

Attached files
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Bryn Mawr;1444998 wrote: Nutters cannot take over Westminster, they already control it

You took the words right out of my mouth, Bryn ! :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1445052 wrote: ...

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
gmc

Post by gmc »

Facebook campaign to get 'It's Raining Men' to number 1 after Ukip councillor blames floods on gay marriage

Facebook campaign to get 'It's Raining Men' to number 1 after Ukip councillor blames floods on gay marriage - News - The Independent

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Love it.

How about this one for lord rennard

Oscar Namechange

gmc;1445347 wrote: Facebook campaign to get 'It's Raining Men' to number 1 after Ukip councillor blames floods on gay marriage - News - The Independent

The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men - YouTube

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Love it.

How about this one for lord rennard

I will survive - Gloria Gaynor - YouTube

Should have been YMCA Village People
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

They could at least wait till the summer droughts couldn't they ?
Oscar Namechange

I remember now, Nick Griffin's exact words.... ' UKIP, mad as a box of syphillitic frogs'
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1445370 wrote: I remember now, Nick Griffin's exact words.... ' UKIP, mad as a box of syphillitic frogs'

He has to be right at least once......................and thats it.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Now Farage wants to lift ban on handguns | Mail Online

Anger as Farage calls for end to handgun ban: Ukip leader urged to visit Dunblane to understand impact of 1996 shootings

At the time of the shooting the pro gun candidate in the by-election needed police protection. I think now they would just ignore him if he went.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1445678 wrote: Now Farage wants to lift ban on handguns | Mail Online

At the time of the shooting the pro gun candidate in the by-election needed police protection. I think now they would just ignore him if he went.

Moron :-(
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1445678 wrote: Now Farage wants to lift ban on handguns | Mail Online

So he's lost the gay vote, lost the anti-gun vote, lost the nationalist vote... what's next?
gmc

Post by gmc »

They'll still get the protest vote from right wing tories who don;t really think very much, left wing voters will just stop voting - in fact I suspect they have in the main. Where do former libdem voters go? None of the parties offer anything of any substance it's all a bit depressing. At least in scotland there are other matters to consider that might make a difference.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1445751 wrote: They'll still get the protest vote from right wing tories who don;t really think very much, left wing voters will just stop voting - in fact I suspect they have in the main. Where do former libdem voters go? None of the parties offer anything of any substance it's all a bit depressing. At least in scotland there are other matters to consider that might make a difference.

Well he's lost the female electorate also.

Farage: 'Working Mothers Worth Less Than Men'
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1445753 wrote: Well he's lost the female electorate also.

Farage: 'Working Mothers Worth Less Than Men'

Is he committing political suicide or just getting high on the last set of results?
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1445758 wrote: Is he committing political suicide or just getting high on the last set of results? I really think he thinks he's cracked It.... May be a different story at the Polls If he keeps this up.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Playing devils advocate, Farage was speaking very specifically about brokerage not in general, so the headline is misleading. I'm not necessarily suggesting he's right but we must learn to get past the headlines.

I think you'll be suprised. Farage is popular and is eminently votable, regardless of the occasional gaffs. The problem in Britain at this time is there is very little for people to latch on to politically, given the last Labour Government and the lot we have now. A lot of people feel lost and politically disenfranchised

Whether we like it or not Immigration is on everyones lips and so is European membership. The BNP will snatch some of them, although Nick Griffin doesnt have the personality to garner the public vote. Farage might
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Nigel Farage vs BNP - UKIP turns nasty - YouTube
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1446754 wrote: Nigel Farage vs BNP - UKIP turns nasty - YouTube

I can't see where Nigel Farage or UKIP 'turns nasty' anywhere on this video ! Having watched it, I assume Nigel Farage has gone into the Costa Coffee to avoid a confrontation with a BNP member, and some of his 'helpers', who seems hell bent on aggravating a confrontation ! IMO as far as I can tell it seems to be the BNP man who 'turns nasty' not UKIP, and the BNP man is doing his cause no favours ranting at Nigel Farage in that ignorant manner !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1446755 wrote: I can't see where Nigel Farage or UKIP 'turns nasty' anywhere on this video ! Having watched it, I assume Nigel Farage has gone into the Costa Coffee to avoid a confrontation with a BNP member, and some of his 'helpers', who seems hell bent on aggravating a confrontation ! IMO as far as I can tell it seems to be the BNP man who 'turns nasty' not UKIP, and the BNP man is doing his cause no favours ranting at Nigel Farage in that ignorant manner ! The BNP man Is Clive Jefferson.

Ahhhh the nasty old BNP

Me and a friend out for a drink...:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

A friend sent me this pic late tonight of another confrontation today with another UKIP candidate who Ironically also ran Into a Costa Coffee and out the back door to avoid answering the BNP's questions.

That's not the point of this post... click on pic to enlarge.

Look at the new UKIP slogan.... WTF Is that supposed to mean ???

Attached files
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1447573 wrote: A friend sent me this pic late tonight of another confrontation today with another UKIP candidate who Ironically also ran Into a Costa Coffee and out the back door to avoid answering the BNP's questions.

That's not the point of this post... click on pic to enlarge.

Look at the new UKIP slogan.... WTF Is that supposed to mean ???

That's clearly a BNP placard

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1447583 wrote: That's clearly a BNP placard I'm not so sure....Look to the right of the S In Tories... that's the UKIP logo and even the BNP people who were actually there yesterday were wondering what the heck they were on about...
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

It's showing Margaret Thatcher with Nigel Farage's face superimposed onto hers and wearing a UKIP badge. Inferring that a UKIP member is just a Tory with more money. That, surely, is BNP implying that, not a UKIP member

Winston Churchill
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Looks more like some guy with Maggy's hair-do
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

LarsMac;1447591 wrote: Looks more like some guy with Maggy's hair-do Whoever did It has put Maggie's hair on UKIP's Nigel Farage
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1447593 wrote: Whoever did It has put Maggie's hair on UKIP's Nigel Farage

No, Farage's face has been superimposed onto maggie. Its as clear as day. The fact that the BNP don't know what's going on is hardly suprising. Its supposed to be an insult to Farage and UKIP

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1447594 wrote: No, Farage's face has been superimposed onto maggie. Its as clear as day. The fact that the BNP don't know what's going on is hardly suprising. Its supposed to be an insult to Farage and UKIP

I now think you're right.... the UKIP candidate they were giving grief to was the one who wants out of the EU and then took £100,000 from the EU for errrr his own business... He refused to answer their questions and ran away.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, the UKIP seems to be developing the kind of reputation in the UK as our Tea Party, here.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

LarsMac;1447597 wrote: So, the UKIP seems to be developing the kind of reputation in the UK as our Tea Party, here.

Even Sarah Palin Is relatively sane when compared to Nigel Farage...
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1447598 wrote: Even Sarah Palin Is relatively sane when compared to Nigel Farage...

I certainly wouldnt go as far as that. He's intelligent, lucid and reasonably votable. Where as Sara Palin is none of those. Just my opinion mind but I think Ms Palin is a bit of a right wing nutcase on most fronts

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1447599 wrote: I certainly wouldnt go as far as that. He's intelligent, lucid and reasonably votable. Where as Sara Palin is none of those. Just my opinion mind but I think Ms Palin is a bit of a right wing nutcase on most fronts You were right about that placard... scroll down for Video

Simon Darby: Wythenshawe - Labour MP caught out
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, the UKIP are leftists?
- DH Lawrence
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

LarsMac;1447602 wrote: So, the UKIP are leftists?

No they are what we would regard as right wing. To what extent is open to debate. Some would say they border on BNP territory but maybe have broader appeal with immigration and European membership their main policies. The leadership has tried to distance itself from the sort of racist direction the BNP leans but it certainly has its fair share of misogynist, racist nutcases

Winston Churchill
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So let me see if I have this straight.

Tories are right-wing, Labour is Left.

BNP are right-wing party leaning toward a nationalist agenda

UKIP are also right-wing party leaning to the right of BNP, focusing on immigration issues.
- DH Lawrence
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

LarsMac;1447604 wrote: So let me see if I have this straight.

UKIP are also right-wing party leaning to the right of BNP, focusing on immigration issues.

UKIP are right wing but don't lean toward the nationalist agenda like BNP do. I suppose you could say they are left of BNP but right of Tories.

Otherwise you are correct

The degrees of left and right here might well be different where you are. I would suggest Labour are much more left of the Democrats and the Tories on the whole would not be as right wing as you Republicans and without the hard nosed religious edge

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

UKIP are also right-wing party leaning to the right of BNP, focusing on immigration issues. BNP are Far Right not leaning but do have a nationalist agenda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

If you don't mind I will have some fun with this......

The Tories ARE right wing, and Labour are not too far behind them. Labour used to be (close your ears Americans) Socialists, but over the years have moved closer to the middle ground, until recently they were nearly in the Tory camp,the latest Leader is trying his best to show there is a difference, but he is a bit of a geeky chap and not many people like him enough to trust him.

The BNP started life as a far right wing out and out racist party, but due to legalities, have changed their packaging, but the content is pretty much the same.

UKIP are little Englanders, who want to close their eyes and pretend the world stood still many years ago.

Some of ALL their policies are worth considering, but due to ideological differences they can never meet on neutral ground. So you have to vote for the whole package or not vote for them.

Most UK electors lean slightly towards certain policies of each and every one of the groups, so they will either revert to their traditional political roots or abstain from voting at all

Editted for clarification. The Tories are NOT as right wing now as they once were, or as right wing as Americans might recognise as being right wing.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bruv;1447610 wrote:

or abstain from voting at all

For the most part, exactly this, unfortunately

Winston Churchill
gmc

Post by gmc »

. Will labour survive without the scots? looks like you might have a coalition between ukip and the tories.

Saw farage in somerset, for a party leader without a single MP he gets a lot of airtime. He is beginning to look like an honourable, caring sort of chap compared to the tories.

posted by snowfire

The degrees of left and right here might well be different where you are. I would suggest Labour are much more left of the Democrats and the Tories on the whole would not be as right wing as you Republicans and without the hard nosed religious edge

Our religious nutters have their moments though.

UKIP Councillor Blames Floods On Gay Marriage
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1447624 wrote: . Will labour survive without the scots? looks like you might have a coalition between ukip and the tories.

Saw farage in somerset, for a party leader without a single MP he gets a lot of airtime. He is beginning to look like an honourable, caring sort of chap compared to the tories.

posted by snowfire

Our religious nutters have their moments though.

UKIP Councillor Blames Floods On Gay Marriage If you watched the Simon Derby link I put on the last page, you'll see that the BNP people out canvassing are normal respectable people.

Media coverage In the past has always shown the few Idiots with shaven heads acting like racist morons and this Is how the media want the far right portrayed to deter the electorate. They will not publicise the good... ie, Nick Griffin's peace keeping missions to Russia and Syria last year or his 10 year fight with police to re-open the Charlene Downs murder Inquiry.

So why are more and more people voting UKIP ?

The press will forever regurgitate the BNP's roots from the NF and they will regurgitate 30 year old video clips of Nick saying something stupid when he was at Uni In his 20's. That's what most of the electorate associate with the BNP. Yet, compare the discretions of the BNP and Labour and Tories. The 27 Labour Councillors convicted of child abuse are airbrushed from the tabloids. The fraud committed by the Tories, overlooked In many cases. Add to that the sleeze, the Quango's and criminal activities... In comparison, the BNP stack up pretty well.

Of course there are morons In the BNP just as there Is In UKIP and any Party but Nick Griffin can not watch one million people 24/7. He Is very quick to act however on anyone who brings the party Into disrepute.

People vote UKIP because just as the BNP are, the electorate these days are concerned about Immigration and UKIP have an Immigration policy.

People want something done about Immigration, want out of the EU and want the death penalty re-Introduced, same as the BNP... yet for most middle Englanders, to put their cross on the ballot sheet for the BNP means they are stepping the step Into the risque and over to the dark side... that's the way people see It.

Did anyone thank Nick Griffin for championing the Investigations Into grooming gangs for the past 12 years? No they prosecuted him for speaking out.

UKIP Is full of nutters In better suits.

Gill's right... the BNP Is feared but these days not so much because of the electorate but by Westminster who despite every smear campaign In the book, they just don't go away and gather more support. They know there are people out there saying ' you know what? That griffin guy was right all along'.... that's the fear.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

The BNP will never be able to wash away the stench of the National Front. Its an indelible stain with occasional ugly reminders, the kind of which UKIP have no history of. Thats the advantage they have. They have fewer skeletons in the cupboard, even ones with better suits

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1447657 wrote: The BNP will never be able to wash away the stench of the National Front. Its an indelible stain with occasional ugly reminders, the kind of which UKIP have no history of. Thats the advantage they have. They have fewer skeletons in the cupboard, even ones with better suits

I totally agree with you !!!

Yet media and Westminster over-look that parties evolve over 30 years and the BNP have come a long way since then. Also bear In mind, that back then, there was no BNP so those against Immigration had only one place to go and that was the NF.

I will defend Nick Griffin all day long for the simple fact that unlike those who are quick to critisize him, I have spent a huge amount of time with him and other key members.

I remember the very first time I met him. I made my mind up that I would go with no pre-conceptions based on what I'd read In the tabloids and judge him fairly. I was actually quite apprehensive even at the thought.

I remember being so surprised to find this perfect gentleman, witty, amusing, highly Intelligent etc etc,

One time I was asked to go and help him with the Welsh Assembly elections and I have to say It was one of the most fun times I'd ever had... his main concern was the safety of us two women.

I can say hand on heart that In all the times I've been with him, I have never heard one racist word, one profanity and anything that would deter me from being seen with him. He's actually extremely charismatic and one thing I'll always be Impressed by was the time we talked Fox hunting. Following a meeting, just the two of us sat In a beer garden talking for an hour or so. There was a long queue at our table of those wanting their pic taken with him and wanting to talk to him. He was for Fox hunting but what Impressed me, was that he sat and listened to me for that hour or so... not how the media portray him.

Unfortunately, Nick does not handle having a TV camera shoved In his face at all well. He goes on the defensive and comes across badly but off camera, he's a different man.

Another thing about Griffin... I can not recall a single occasion where he's been caught out lying. How many other politicians have ? At times, his downfall, has been to be too brutally honest. Put It this way... should he ever get Into Westminster, I believe he would stand by his policies as he has done for the past 40 years. Yet Farage In Westminster??? I'd give It 6 months before he had posse's out there rounding up anyone with remotely coffee coloured skin.

Return to “United Kingdom”