He came, he saw got told to F Off.

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Nigel Farage's Scottish hounding was an antidote to fawning media treatment | Mike Small | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Happened to listening to the radio when he was being interviewed after the event, clearly he is not used being challenged about his policies and was in shock.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Are you having a laugh ?

Don't ever try claiming the BNP or even the EDL are thugs after that episode.

Nigel Farage had to be taken away by police for his own safety and two arrests have been made.

It was nothing short of a disgusting display of Scottish Nationalists Fascists thugs and In all the Nationalists meetings and rally's I've attended In the UK, I have never witnessed anything like that.

If you think that's funny or clever then there Is something wrong with you.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

It was a student protest, no one was punched, nothing was thrown farage is just not used to being challenged it seems. UKIP has less than 1% of the vote up here maybe we're just not as readily impressed as people down south seem to be.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

gmc;1427428 wrote: It was a student protest, no one was punched, nothing was thrown farage is just not used to being challenged it seems. UKIP has less than 1% of the vote up here maybe we're just not as readily impressed as people down south seem to be.

Its not about popularity. The recent success in the by elections was protest vote. A kick up the pants to the Tories. As much as I detest Ukip almost as much as the BNP, certain issues cannot be brushed under the carpet. Immigration, whether we like it or not, needs to be discussed and dealt with without being branded racist. Europe needs to be discussed and even an opportunity to vote upon within a referendum, as promised, several times.

We aint daft and we aint impressed. Its just another way of kicking the other two parties in the bollocks and saying "wake up" It may well take a bit more kicking in the bollocks yet before theyre fully awake

....maybe we're just not as readily impressed as people down south seem to be.

Maybe we just do things differently down here
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1427428 wrote: It was a student protest, no one was punched, nothing was thrown farage is just not used to being challenged it seems. UKIP has less than 1% of the vote up here maybe we're just not as readily impressed as people down south seem to be.

No, they were not students, they were 50 yobs who had absolutely no Intent of entering or listening to the debate that by the way, he had every right to hold.

So now let me do exactly the same to you as you have done to me which Is absolutely Insist that these 50 thug morons are an overall representation of Scottish Nationalists.

In fact, It's worse. The BNP and the EDL get the odd Idiot disgracing the party every now and then but not a mob of 50.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

This Is what a good friend of mine has to say on the subject.

Simon Darby: Farage - "This reminds me of the BNP", thanks Nige nice of you to point that out
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1427446 wrote: No, they were not students, they were 50 yobs who had absolutely no Intent of entering or listening to the debate that by the way, he had every right to hold.

So now let me do exactly the same to you as you have done to me which Is absolutely Insist that these 50 thug morons are an overall representation of Scottish Nationalists.

In fact, It's worse. The BNP and the EDL get the odd Idiot disgracing the party every now and then but not a mob of 50.

No they're not but I don't actually need to defend the SNP or the demonstrators, they have as much right to have their views heard as anyone else. Racism is racism no matter how it is dressed up but these protesters weren't anti-english they were anti UKIP - they are a racist, homophobic party. A protest against cameron would not be taken as being anti-english but anti tory. UKIP in Scotland have no chance neither do the BNP and for the same reasons.

Return to “United Kingdom”