Sellers revolt as Amazon hikes fees

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

What did they expect would happen as soon as amazon achieved a monopoly position in the market place? They can't blame the EU for this about tome the government used some teeth and used used the monopolies and mergers commission oh wait a minute was that not emasculated and turned in to the Competition Commission:thinking:No danger the tories will do anything

Sellers revolt as Amazon hikes fees for traders by up to 70 per cent - Home News - UK - The Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 53090.html

Why do people buy kindles when you can only use the amazon web site? that's the main reason I don't hav one.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

gmc;1423376 wrote:

Why do people buy kindles when you can only use the amazon web site? that's the main reason I don't hav one.

Don't understand that. My wife has a Kindle Fire HD. It accesses the web as you would expect a tablet to do and is a fraction of the price of an ipad. It is a bit amazoncentric but my wife loves it
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
gmc

Post by gmc »

Snowfire;1423379 wrote: Don't understand that. My wife has a Kindle Fire HD. It accesses the web as you would expect a tablet to do and is a fraction of the price of an ipad. It is a bit amazoncentric but my wife loves it

I may be wrong but my understanding is that you can only use kindle to download books bought through amazon.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

gmc;1423399 wrote: I may be wrong but my understanding is that you can only use kindle to download books bought through amazon.

Mmm ! Maybe the old original Kindle but the more recent Kindle Fire is a full on tablet
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

There are lots and lots and lots of free and very inexpensive Kindle books available.

Return to “United Kingdom”