Cameron the plonker

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Cameron the plonker

Post by gmc »

David Cameron 'risks leading Britain out of EU by accident' | World news | The Guardian

I suspect cameron may find himself making an unstinting to europe and being told where to go. The reality is we need europe more than they need us. Except scotland maybe we have oil so they might just let us stay in, arguably they might want to keep catalonia and lose spain, there's a thought.
Clodhopper

Cameron the plonker

Post by Clodhopper »

I just hope that is the biggest problem facing us. I'll sleep a lot easier. But then I'm feeling pretty rough at the moment and climate change seems sooo much more of a problem right now. :(
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Cameron the plonker

Post by gmc »

Clodhopper;1414479 wrote: I just hope that is the biggest problem facing us. I'll sleep a lot easier. But then I'm feeling pretty rough at the moment and climate change seems sooo much more of a problem right now. :(

It's not the most immediate. That is I think commodity prices, most of our food is imported, higher food prices plus higher transportation costs our clever dick politicians can't add up the dots and the price of food is something they cannot control. It's not just us that have had a bad harvest, usually there is somewhere in the world with bumper crops not this year.

UN warns of looming worldwide food crisis in 2013 | Global development | The Observer
Clodhopper

Cameron the plonker

Post by Clodhopper »

Unfortunately the upcoming food shortage has been one of the earliest entries of my checklist for climate change getting serious. It's a category worse in my book compared to the increasing frequency of severe weather events we are having now in that we a re niot just getting direct effects (ie floods) but connected secondary effects (crop failure as a result of floods). Then next step up is mass migration driven by climate disruption. (This is a purely personal checklist, btw).

Commodity prices levels seem due to the inability of politicians worldwide to make coherent sense out of anything. And I think quite a few are decent enough and trying hard to do so. Unfortunately there are enough bad ones out there - I don't think the current US crisis is purely a US phenomenon. I think there has been a crisis of bad governance ongoing for 20 or 30 years worldwide.

I can only hope that once people start dying by the billion and we have another 35 years or so of worsening weather before any changes we make take effect it might concentrate a few minds. But I won't be holding my breath. Unless the flooding is worse than expected.

Crop growing land is a serious issue for all the people of these islands and I think we're going to need those tofu factories I recall being assured were easy enough to set up (not by you, I should add). I can't see large parts of the Fens surviving more than 15/20 years at the current rate - a lot of the UK's most productive land is simply going to go under.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

Cameron the plonker

Post by gmc »

Still a plonker

More people now want to STAY in Europe than leave says shock poll as PM reveals his big EU speech will be on Wednesday | Mail Online

Good news is it blows out of the water the unionist argument that Scotland would have to apply to join the EU. Independence or stay with sinking ship run by morons:thinking: what would you do? The tories have over 60% of the population against them and their policies. I think I;ll change my name to depressed in the UK but thank goodness I'm not daft enough to join the BNP - or is that too long
Oscar Namechange

Cameron the plonker

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Pre-election, Cameron told voters that If they voted Tory, he would deliver the referendum that he slated Gordon Brown from denying them.

Now, he's saying that IF voters vote Tory In the next general and they win, he will hold the referendum.

Are there really people out there so stupid that they will actually fall for this ploy again ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Cameron the plonker

Post by gmc »

oscar;1417622 wrote: Pre-election, Cameron told voters that If they voted Tory, he would deliver the referendum that he slated Gordon Brown from denying them.

Now, he's saying that IF voters vote Tory In the next general and they win, he will hold the referendum.

Are there really people out there so stupid that they will actually fall for this ploy again ?

Yes they're called tory voters, mind you how does that explain labour voters :thinking: actually anyone that believes a politician has to lack a certain nous. It's ironic in 1975 the tories - including thatcher campaigned for the yes vote in the referendum most of the opposition came from the left.

We've gone from the sick man of europe to being the miserable senile old sod next door.

Return to “United Kingdom”