Jack Russell kills one-week-old baby boy

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Crikey! What can you say?

Family’s Jack Russell kills one-week-old baby boy | The Times
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I can say AWFUL, how horrifying.
valerie

Post by valerie »

I can say that I'm very sorry for their loss, but it brings up once

again how incredibly important it is for people not to leave dogs

and children (especially that young of a baby, especially with

a dog that had at least some history of aggression) together

unsupervised.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1411017 wrote: Crikey! What can you say?

Family’s Jack Russell kills one-week-old baby boy | The Times

It's heartbreaking and yeah, I'll get lambasted for saying this, but any breed of dog can mistake the cries of a newborn for a stricken animal or squeeky toy. Newborns and dogs of any breed do not mix...under no circumstances should a dog of any breed be so close to a newborn... where's the responsibility here?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Especially Terrier and especially a Jack Russell originally bred for hunting small animals and rodents.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Why the hell would they leave a week old infant alone with a dog of any breed?
gmc

Post by gmc »

I wouldn't assume they left it alone it could happen so quickly they might not have had time to react. A dog like a jack russell will kill a rabbit or a squirrel in fractions of a second of they get hold one one a new born baby is not very much bigger and even more defenceless.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1411035 wrote: I wouldn't assume they left it alone it could happen so quickly they might not have had time to react. A dog like a jack russell will kill a rabbit or a squirrel in fractions of a second of they get hold one one a new born baby is not very much bigger and even more defenceless.

It's been reported that It was one bite... My Jack Russell can take a rabbit by the throat, one shake and It's dead within 2 seconds.... same size as a newborn.... You're right,,

I like to think I know my dogs like the back of my hand but I can say with hand on heart, because they are Terriers especially, I never even have then In the house when I have a baby as a guest. I always always lock them In the back yard until my guests are gone. I don't like doing It but I like to think I'm a responsible dog owner. Jacks are bred for hunting... why do people think that because they live In a house, they will change their genetic make up overnight ?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1411026 wrote: Why the hell would they leave a week old infant alone with a dog of any breed?

There you go. :mad:That sums it up for me, too.

My daughter had a fake baby this past weekend for a school project. Both the cats and the dog were aggitated every time it started making noises. We wouldn't leave a fake baby in the room with them for fear they would damage it.:-5
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Lady J

Post by Lady J »

What a shame.

My blessings go out to the parents.

They may not have been thinking just bringing a newborn home but that will make it even more difficult for them.

dogs follow instincts and apparently humans don't.
Oscar Namechange

This Is very Interesting.... among all the comments I found this:

You lot are a disgrace! They're in pain and all you can do is slag them off! They're good people it was months ago! I'm close friends with them, it's my tweet in the article! Get your facts straight! The dog was not left alone with Harry, he bite him once, it was so fast no one could do anything! They weren't too young to have a child, it was an accident, I'm sure all you "perfect" people have never had an accident! They was delighted with Harry and are now devastated, the daily mail are a disgrace, there reports is totally inaccurate, why say how much the house worth and exactly where they live? You're all low lives who are passing judgement when you know nothing! You're all so good and so perfect yet you spend you're time criticising people when they've just had their heartbroken!

- UkReadey, Telford, United Kingdom, 21/11/2012 16:41

Click to rate Rating 3

Report abuse

Read more: Family's pet terrier kills their eight-day-old boy: Mother's horror as Jack Russell cross bites child in 'jealousy' attack | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Oscar Namechange

Apparently the dog was shut In the kitchen and escaped through a stair gate.

Just a terrible accident.

Pet Jack Russell that killed eight-day-old boy 'had escaped through stair gate to attack child' | Mail Online

Return to “United Kingdom”