But they are bigots

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

But they are bigots

Post by gmc »

Let's face it he was only about to state what most people know anyway. If you want to discriminate against a group because of their religion, race or lifestyle and view them with intolerance you are a bigot however you justify it.

'Bigot' comments were not mine, says Clegg in gay marriage row - UK Politics - UK - The Independent
flopstock

But they are bigots

Post by flopstock »

I agree. I just want someone who will stand up and say what they really feel, regardless of my vote.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snowfire

But they are bigots

Post by Snowfire »

I think Clegg is being unnecessarily vilified for this and very often other things to. He's a foil to deflect from the Tories doing an appalling job. They breeze on by why he gets all the stick
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
gmc

But they are bigots

Post by gmc »

Snowfire;1404428 wrote: I think Clegg is being unnecessarily vilified for this and very often other things to. He's a foil to deflect from the Tories doing an appalling job. They breeze on by why he gets all the stick

Can't say I have a lot of sympathy for him. Now we have cable joining the not being able to sack unproductive workers is causing the recession brigade of the tory right. If the liberals had any integrity left they would end the coalition now.
koan

But they are bigots

Post by koan »

"Equal Marriage" ... ?

What the heck is that? I have no idea what they are talking about. I went to sleep and they came up with a new phrase that represents something abstract with a non-offensive phrase.

There are a lot of marriages that can't be described as equal yet fall within the normal description of marriage. Is this a non-economical use of the term that is meant to encompass gay marriage? Or is this a term that is meant to describe those people who marry within their economic status regardless of gender assignment?
gmc

But they are bigots

Post by gmc »

It seems the religious have to have someone to vent their moral outrage on. In europe they can't risk on the jews, or people of a different faith single parents are harder to vilify and being born out of wedlock is no longer the huge stigma it once was so they pick on something that most can't really understand but will tolerate on the grounds that it doesn't affect them if they think about it but the one that shouts the most is often the one that gets the publicity especially if they claim the moral high ground so bigots find common ground with other bigots on a single issue they can all despise together.
koan

But they are bigots

Post by koan »

I wonder if, at some point, people of all walks of life will realise that getting married doesn't do a damn thing to prove you love each other.
flopstock

But they are bigots

Post by flopstock »

Snowfire;1404428 wrote: I think Clegg is being unnecessarily vilified for this and very often other things to. He's a foil to deflect from the Tories doing an appalling job. They breeze on by why he gets all the stick

It is interesting that he is getting beat up for something he didn't say.:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

gmc

But they are bigots

Post by gmc »

flopstock;1404493 wrote: It is interesting that he is getting beat up for something he didn't say.:wah:

One would hope he would stand up for the principles that the liberal party is supposed to stand for not just go along with the tory agenda which is what he seems to be doing. He was blown the best chance the liberals have had in decades top make a difference and end the see-saw politics of the increasingly detached labour/tory parties. The majority of people in this country voted against the tories - they always do.

Return to “United Kingdom”