Boycott the Sun?

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Boycott the Sun?

Post by gmc »

65,000 hate crimes against disabled people and rising. This has to stop. | | Independent Editor's choice Blogs

Government policy, helped out by propaganda in the press, is hardening hearts and fuelling aggression.

Actually the daily mail is just as big a culprit. Freedom of the press is not just freedom to report on everybody's private life. I am about as interested in what prince harry gets up to as I am my next door neighbour. Mind you she keeps trying to find out what I am up top but that;'s her problem.

OK That should have been boycott the sun will someone correct it for me please as it seems I cannot edit the title. In my defence the y and c are close to each other on the keyboard. I can speell I can type i just can't do both at the same time.
Oscar Namechange

Boycott the Sun?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I don't usually care about the Royal's or so called celeb's In tabloids with the exception of when Prince Phillip has been taken Ill.

I also object to many of the Channel 4 shows that show people with disfigurements, dwarves and wot not like some revolting 19th century freak show. Whilst the Intention may be to make us more aware, I feel strangely perverse for looking at them. What next ? Channel 4's Insight of the boy with an arsse for a face?

The Sun Is a revolting excuse of a tabloid... mind you... they said very nice things about me and I do like their Suduko.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Boycott the Sun?

Post by Snowfire »

I remember the last day I ever bought the Sun newspaper. I'd have to look up the date but it was when Torville and Dean were at their peak. It was rumoured that the two were having an affair. On the front page one day was a very blurry photograph of two pairs of shoes/slippers, side by side under an hotel bed. The VERY PROOF, the Sun exclaimed. The photograph was taken by the Hubble space telescope, from maybe several hundred miles away, through a gap in the net curtains.

I despise the Sun and its sanctimonious hypocrisy.

Along with the bloody Daily Mail
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
gmc

Boycott the Sun?

Post by gmc »

The story might warrant a small paragraph but that's all - same with all the stories about celebrities I'm just not that interested in them. They and the daily mail have a kind of constant drip drip of vitriol and hatred wrapped up in the kind of sanctimonious arrogance that makes you want to hit them.

Return to “United Kingdom”