My one to watch...

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
Oscar Namechange

My one to watch...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

It'll be an empty season for me.... No Kauto Star ( although he Is priced to run the King George ) and no Denman due to retirement.

No Masterminded and no Tricky Trickster due to Injury.

In racing, all the Greats get eventually replaced although I don't believe we will ever see the like of Kauts and The Tank for another generation.

So, the one I will be following everywhere this season Is this young fella who Impressed me no end last season.

Sprinter Sacre Is the relatively new kid on the block.

He has returned to Nicky Henderson's Seven Barrows yard, with his trainer declaring him to be "gigantic" and "scary"..... I agree... he remains as It stands unbeaten.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

My one to watch...

Sprinter Sacre, last season’s outstanding two-mile novice chaser, will start his 2012-13 campaign in the Tingle Creek Chase en route to the Cheltenham Festival.

Nicky Henderson’s brilliant youngster will head to Sandown in December and take the “conventional route” to the 2013 Queen Mother Champion Chase, the trainer has revealed.

“He may well take the conventional route of Tingle Creek, Victor Chandler, Game Spirit and, all being well, the Champion Chase,” said Henderson.

“The way he travels and jumps is testament to his pure class and the only problem is curtailing his enthusiasm in the early part of a race when the opposition simply doesn’t go fast enough for him.

“He's spectacular, but I find him pretty scary to watch - I hope people find it more enjoyable than I do.

“Barry Geraghty says he’s a pure joy to ride and it's the most exciting thing you'll ever get to do.”

The six-year-old French-bred gelding has only been beaten twice in 11 races – when stepped up to two-and-a-half miles early in his career and when third in the 2011 Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.

He won all his five chases last season and barely came off the bridle in any of them.

http://www.cheltenhamfestival.net/categ ... 209220002/
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

My one to watch...

I wrote this thread In August....

Sprinter Sacre just won the Tingle Creek....

Return to “United Kingdom”