Who is this romney person picking on boris?

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

OK so i read the daily mail. we all have our vices I suppose.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... c-odd.html

If boris was leader of the tory party I might almost be tented to vote tory just for the comedy.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Who is this romney person? May you never find out. May he fade into obscurity. Quickly.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

He's the one that made millions for himself, his friends and his friends' contracting businesses during the 2002 Winter Olympics that helped set him up to go into politics. There was a pretty big scandal about it back in the day but it strangely isn't being mentioned now. But he apparently considers himself an expert on the subject and doesn't mind looking like a twat by making insulting remarks while in London.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Someone's having a pop at our Boris ??????????

Who, where? Show me... I'll rally the troops.

My husband wants Boris for Prime Minister but then he does take a lot of medication.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
SnoozeControl

Post by SnoozeControl »

SnoozeAgain;1399363 wrote: He's the one that made millions for himself, his friends and his friends' contracting businesses during the 2002 Winter Olympics that helped set him up to go into politics. There was a pretty big scandal about it back in the day but it strangely isn't being mentioned now. But he apparently considers himself an expert on the subject and doesn't mind looking like a twat by making insulting remarks while in London.

Test.

Wow, I'm now signed into an old account that had been banned a million years ago. How the heck did that happen? I thought I was signed into my SnoozeAgain account.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Okay, that's better. I had no idea that account was still active, I suspect spot's playing tricks on me.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

SnoozeAgain;1399415 wrote: Okay, that's better. I had no idea that account was still active, I suspect spot's playing tricks on me.

He probably is, there's no history on that account either cos I went to see if an infraction had timed out, nothing there at all :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1399360 wrote: OK so i read the daily mail. we all have our vices I suppose.

Olympics opening ceremony: London Mayor Boris Johnson takes his seat in Royal Box | Mail Online

If boris was leader of the tory party I might almost be tented to vote tory just for the comedy. He only said Boris was odd and an eccentric.... that's quite polite after the Hislop/Merton/Paxman assessments of him.....

I knew you read the Daily Mail.... you never fooled me mate.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Romney only wants to show that he is almost as intelligent as Sara Palin. Besides, he was in London to attend fundraisers among the LIBOR bankers, to show that he is one of them. :wah:
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I guffawed when I read that one of the 'insiders' compared Romney to Palin. That has to hurt.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “United Kingdom”