canting hypicrite wags finger at tory

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Cardinal Keith O'Brien Attacks David Cameron On Wealth Inequality

So let me see, a member of an organisation that protected it's own at the expense of it's victims attacks the PM for looking after his own kind to the detriment of everybody else. tad hypocritical don't you think.
spot

Post by spot »

It's a bit extreme extrapolating from "a member of an organisation" to an individual, I reckon. What the PM did was what the PM personally did.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Týr

Post by Týr »

I can't resist posting a follow-up. Few events have had me slapping my thigh in merriment[1] quite like this.

BBC News - Disgraced Cardinal Keith O'Brien to leave Scotland

Stonewall awarding the chap their "Bigot of the Year" award last November was pretty prescient.

[1] - this is not a euphemism. Given the topic I thought I'd make that clear.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
gmc

Post by gmc »

In retrospect we shoud perhaps be gratful a finger was all he wagged.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1427121 wrote: In retrospect we shoud perhaps be gratful a finger was all he wagged. :wah:

Just wish politicians stayed out of the church and the church stayed out of politics.

I was equally reviled two days ago reading the numbnutt so called chef Jamie Oliver debating UKIP
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1427133 wrote: :wah:

Just wish politicians stayed out of the church and the church stayed out of politics.

I was equally reviled two days ago reading the numbnutt so called chef Jamie Oliver debating UKIP

That's not going to happen though is it - so long as the church thinks they have god given right to tell us all what is right and wrong and politicians think there is something to be gained by pandering to them I can't see that changing any time soon. When you look at the shenanagans of the presnt day cathoc church you begin to understand the origins of the protestant reformation. daft thing is you can't make an observation like that without someone calling you anti-catholic which is a daft thing to say to a protestant since by definition you must be. Except I have seen the light and am not religious.

Return to “United Kingdom”