The biggest crooks always wear suits.

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Goldman Sachs whistleblower threatened with the sack | Business | The Guardian

Goldman Sachs whistleblower threatened with the sack

Revenue chief who approved Goldman Sachs tax deal announces retirement | Politics | The Guardian

Dave Hartnett, 60, will step down as the permanent secretary for tax next summer, a spokesman said . He will leave with a pension pot worth £1.7m.

Every time I hear a politician lamenting the moral decline of society that led to people rioting in the streets I have to remind myself I can't afford a new TV just now and throwing something at it is not a constructive approach to things.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Did you get the message I left on your profile page?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

No I didn't. I don't seem to have any, i get private messages send it as that.
koan

Post by koan »

White collar and corporate crime are the biggest ills of our society. It takes from the community surplus, results in poverty for more, that poverty results in crime, the victims of the white collar crime are imprisoned and the cause of the whole collapse are never even given a fine. If income was shared and distributed properly common crime would decrease.

What sickens me most about it is that the white collar criminals don't even need the ****ing money. They just do it from pure greed.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1379234 wrote: No I didn't. I don't seem to have any, i get private messages send it as that.
Then look at your profile page you miserable old bastard.

:p:p:p:p:p
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

koan;1379295 wrote: White collar and corporate crime are the biggest ills of our society. It takes from the community surplus, results in poverty for more, that poverty results in crime, the victims of the white collar crime are imprisoned and the cause of the whole collapse are never even given a fine. If income was shared and distributed properly common crime would decrease.

What sickens me most about it is that the white collar criminals don't even need the ****ing money. They just do it from pure greed.I'm not 100% convinced it's greed entirely, i think the feelings and hormonal release associated with accomplishment have a lot to do with it too as do being a player in the game. Winning means so much to men.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Ahso!;1379360 wrote: Winning means so much to men.

I'm in touch with my feminine side then.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bruv;1379362 wrote: I'm in touch with my feminine side then.I should have qualified that with "most". Or, how 'bout "real"? (relax, relax, I'm kidding)
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “United Kingdom”