EU tell UK to F off

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

EU tell UK to F off

Post by gmc »

What are the odds do you reckon? Realistically throwing the toys out the pram only works if anybody cares. There is not a lot we can do about it. We need europe they don't need us and those loveable people in the city will go where the money is.
Oscar Namechange

EU tell UK to F off

Post by Oscar Namechange »

What makes me laugh Is that Cameron actually believe's he has some clout :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

EU tell UK to F off

Post by gmc »

If you're going to throw your toys out the pram at least make sure somebody will actually notice and care. They believe in this fantasy where the private sector wll generate new wealth and mythical beings called entrepreneurs wil pop up and start new industries wholesale despite having destroyed the very conditions that made that possible in the past, there are hundreds of businesses failing every month because of the banks' actions withdrawing finance, refusing overdrafts etc etc. Most people work for small businesses yet you would think all that mattered is the footsie index and how the shops are doing. Our service economy is about to take us down the toilet.
Oscar Namechange

EU tell UK to F off

We don't have any Industry to speak of thanks to Thatcher do we? And we have become a service Industry country because we have little else.

His veto means he can regulate the banks Independently but will he ? It's all very well holding out to have power over your own banks but If you're not following It through, It means bugger all.

Is It just me or does any-one else notice how demanding Germany has been In all of this?

Hmmmm Where have we seen this before?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
theia

EU tell UK to F off

Post by theia »

I've been reading various articles and commentaries on this but I'm still not at all clear about it. My gut feeling is that Cameron made the right decision...
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

EU tell UK to F off

theia;1378151 wrote: I've been reading various articles and commentaries on this but I'm still not at all clear about it. My gut feeling is that Cameron made the right decision... I think so also.

As he said... we are not In the Euro so why should the Eurozone countries dictate to us?
gmc

EU tell UK to F off

Post by gmc »

The thing is whatever the eurozone decides to do we have to go along with whether we like it or not. Cameron is protecting the 10% of our economy that financial services`represent at the expense of the 90% that actually matters the most merely to mollify the right wing of his party. Europe doesn't need us but we certainly need europe. Unless we are part of a large economic blon no one os going to bother negotiating any special trade`agreement with us, we can't do it on our own anyone that thinks that is living in cloud cuckoo land. Just take a look at all the foreign companies that have opened factories here, they can shut them down quite easily and probably will if it makes economic sense not to have factories outside the EU. Toyota, nissan etc etc all opened uop here not because of thatcher's wonderful economic policies but because we were part of the EEC and we were `gamiliar enough foir then to want to do business with. Would they have cone here without us joining? No, and several of them have intimated their concern

There`are`26 other countries in the EU the notion that they are all going to do what germany wants and give up their sovereignty to unelected bureaucrats is ludicrous. Even those countries that once`stood putside the EU now want to be involved we've because they realise they can't afford not to be part of decsions being made that will effect them. We've picked upthe ball and walked away from the game - too bad it's not our ball in the first place.

OOH! I see gleggy boy has flexed his muscles and stamped his little foot.

You know this is probably the most serious thing happening at the moment you'd think other british posters would have a commenet or two. Pity there is no one from UKIP toi take the piss out off. The BNP never have anything to say unless it was in the dilay mail first.
the grumps

EU tell UK to F off

Post by the grumps »

best thing is to get out of the eu

tell those filthy french and sour krauts to p**s off and stick thier euro right up their a**e

the BNP,S day will come and its the other way round we get it before the daily mail do

you forget they cannot report anything to do with the BNP because their political masters refuse to acnowlage us as they are afraid of the far right ever getting power
Oscar Namechange

EU tell UK to F off

the grumps;1378375 wrote: best thing is to get out of the eu

tell those filthy french and sour krauts to p**s off and stick thier euro right up their a**e

That was our BNP reporter speaking In Brussels for the BBC..... Now.... The weather.
Bruv

EU tell UK to F off

Post by Bruv »

the grumps;1378375 wrote: best thing is to get out of the eu

the BNP,S day will come and its the other way round we get it before the daily mail do

you forget they cannot report anything to do with the BNP because their political masters refuse to acnowlage us as they are afraid of the far right ever getting power

Another coherent summary from the enlightened to the misguided masses.....................thanks ?

And goodnight.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
gmc

EU tell UK to F off

Post by gmc »

I think his tights must be hurting him a bit.

The daily mail was, is and always will be it seems a fascist newspaper.
Oscar Namechange

EU tell UK to F off

You know what Andy?

The entire reason your beloved BNP has been held back over the years and can not progress as an optional mainstream Party, Is because of the writings from people like you as In your post.

You have claimed that It is dark forces that are out to get Nick Griffin and while that is In part true, every time some knob like you writes that kind of crap, you are giving them the fuel for the fire.... Can you not see that ?
Clodhopper

EU tell UK to F off

Post by Clodhopper »

I'm out to get Griffin. Does that make me a Dark Force? Oooh! Promotion! I'd only managed to make it to Slightly Pink Death before.

My take on the Euro thing:

Merkel knows that only German money will save the Euro. She also knows this is unacceptable in Germany. But she does not want Germany blamed for any failure. So she makes a suggestion she absolutely knows Cameron will veto thus shifting the blame. It worked. I've heard it suggested that actually Sarkosy is the eminence grise behind this, but I don't know the truth of it.

This is a crisis we are still in the middle of. It seems it will get worse for all of us.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

EU tell UK to F off

Post by gmc »

Clodhopper;1378541 wrote: I'm out to get Griffin. Does that make me a Dark Force? Oooh! Promotion! I'd only managed to make it to Slightly Pink Death before.

My take on the Euro thing:

Merkel knows that only German money will save the Euro. She also knows this is unacceptable in Germany. But she does not want Germany blamed for any failure. So she makes a suggestion she absolutely knows Cameron will veto thus shifting the blame. It worked. I've heard it suggested that actually Sarkosy is the eminence grise behind this, but I don't know the truth of it.

This is a crisis we are still in the middle of. It seems it will get worse for all of us.

Cameron is trying to protect the city of London. Quite rightly most Europeans, in the middle of a crisis caused by light touch regulation don't see why the bastards that have caused the financial crisis should not be regulated and made to pay. The fact they went along with the deregulation they seem to have forgotten. If everybody has to pay a transaction tax it's a level playing field why should the UK get special treatment?

What will happen is the eu will regulate financial services in any way they want and the UK industry will have to go along or cease doing business with europe. Bye Bye city of London as they will move en masse to a base in europe instead of the city if london thereby demonstrating why we shouldn't worry about hurting their feelings all those companies with head offices in london will move as well future investment will be in europe not the UK since no one wants to be on the periphery of their main markets, nissan came pretty close to shutting the factory in the north east as it is and now they are in partnership with renault guess what is going to happen.

It doesn't matter what we do we will have to follow EU rules and regulations anyway without the benefit of having any say in them.
Clodhopper

EU tell UK to F off

Post by Clodhopper »

If everybody has to pay a transaction tax it's a level playing field why should the UK get special treatment?

Agreed, but my understanding is that it wasn't going to be a level playing field, which is what Cameron objected to. I have no idea whatever in what way it is or is not level.

What will happen is the eu will regulate financial services in any way they want and the UK industry will have to go along or cease doing business with europe. Bye Bye city of London as they will move en masse to a base in europe instead of the city if london thereby demonstrating why we shouldn't worry about hurting their feelings all those companies with head offices in london will move as well future investment will be in europe not the UK since no one wants to be on the periphery of their main markets, nissan came pretty close to shutting the factory in the north east as it is and now they are in partnership with renault guess what is going to happen.

Very possible. I can only hope that this crisis has a fair way still to go and and the situation will change again. Bizarrely, Europe seems to need us and there is more understanding of the British position than I expected. chuckle. On the Daily Politics they had a Frenchman, who was asked how the average grenouille in the street felt about the British veto and he replied that French people were much more interested in Jonny Wilkinson's retirement from International Rugby!

It doesn't matter what we do we will have to follow EU rules and regulations anyway without the benefit of having any say in them.

Yes. But that's been true for twenty years at least. As a believer in the principle of European unity, developments over the last five or so with the PIIGS, appointment of bureaucrats to run other countries and the weakness/irrelevance of the European Parliament are increasingly saying to me that the EU is developing in worrying ways.

Oscar Namechange

EU tell UK to F off

Clodhopper;1378541 wrote: I'm out to get Griffin. Does that make me a Dark Force? Oooh! Promotion! I'd only managed to make it to Slightly Pink Death before.

Next time I see Nick I'll tell him as I'm sure he will be quaking In his boots.

Attached files
Bruv

EU tell UK to F off

Post by Bruv »

Hope you had a hot shower after that photo shoot.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

EU tell UK to F off

Bruv;1378633 wrote: Hope you had a hot shower after that photo shoot.

I only posted because I know Andy will cry with jealousy.... He dreams of having Nick Griffin's arms around him you know.
gmc

EU tell UK to F off

Post by gmc »

posted by clodhopper

Yes. But that's been true for twenty years at least. As a believer in the principle of European unity, developments over the last five or so with the PIIGS, appointment of bureaucrats to run other countries and the weakness/irrelevance of the European Parliament are increasingly saying to me that the EU is developing in worrying ways.

It is on some levels on the other hand I just can't see other nations tolerating being ruled by an oligarchy of banks.

What price the new democracy? Goldman Sachs conquers Europe - Business Analysis & Features - Business - The Independent

In the past they might have succeeded What I hope makes a difference is social media and the part it plays in informing people, you can only **** on some of the people some of the time you can't **** on all of them and hope to get away with it. This present crisis was not caused by ordinary people being told you are losing your job and we are all in it together when clearly we are not won't hack it. be interesting to see of angela merkel and sarkozy get re-elected.
Clodhopper

EU tell UK to F off

Post by Clodhopper »

It is on some levels on the other hand I just can't see other nations tolerating being ruled by an oligarchy of banks.

Well, maybe it's some jingoistic remnant of Empire left in me, but I tend to think the European countries have more powerful central governments - eg France simply bought their rail route for the Channel link, whereas in Britain they had to go through planning permission in every borough.But I think you are right about the social media. We need more French, Germans, Italians contacts at a personal level because I think we need EU wide people power. Imagine a Jarrow style march on Brussels from all corners of the EU...

Ok I'm dreaming. But it's a lovely dream.

Return to “United Kingdom”