I still hate thatcher

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

I still hate thatcher

Post by gmc »

Don't know about you lot but I won't be going to see her being played by meryl streep. I don't know anyone who thinks she was good for britain. .

Can't decide who I despise more thatcher or Blair. Now we have noddy and bog ears running the place can things get any worse?
Oscar Namechange

I still hate thatcher

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1376034 wrote: Don't know about you lot but I won't be going to see her being played by meryl streep. I don't know anyone who thinks she was good for britain. .

Can't decide who I despise more thatcher or Blair. Now we have noddy and bog ears running the place can things get any worse?

:yh_rotfl

Oh Yes, dear learned friend, things can get worse .... We have only witnessed the tip of the Iceberg of Incompetence.

Still, look on the bright side... The Lib Dems are finished and you'll not see a Tory In Scotland ever again.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Raven

I still hate thatcher

Post by Raven »

Yes it can get worse. France owns the Dartford Bridge, and Dover port. Germany owns Arriva bus service and Spain owns BA. Greece could forget the Elgin marbles and buy parliament. :D It can get MUCH worse.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
gmc

I still hate thatcher

Post by gmc »

Yes it can get worse. France owns the Dartford Bridge, and Dover port. Germany owns Arriva bus service and Spain owns BA. Greece could forget the Elgin marbles and buy parliament. It can get MUCH worse.

Yes we could all be american:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:lips: Sorry couldn't resist. :o
Oscar Namechange

I still hate thatcher

Spitting Image The Go Now Song, 1990 - YouTube
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

I still hate thatcher

Post by gmc »

oscar;1376126 wrote: Spitting Image The Go Now Song, 1990 - YouTube

Could we ever do with spitting image back.
Clodhopper

I still hate thatcher

Post by Clodhopper »

"....The worst is not

So long as we can say, "This is the worst".

King Lear.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

I still hate thatcher

Post by gmc »

This one was more true than they realised.

Spitting Image 1987 Election Special. Tomorrow belongs to me - YouTube

The left aren't exactly guilt free bur you can really trace a lot of what is wrong back to the adoption of an insane view of capitalism called monetarism.

Monetarism is a tendency in economic thought that emphasizes the role of governments in controlling the amount of money in circulation. It is the view within monetary economics that variation in the money supply has major influences on national output in the short run and the price level over longer periods and that objectives of monetary policy are best met by targeting the growth rate of the money supply.[1]

Monetarism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Monetarism today is mainly associated with the work of Milton Friedman, who was among the generation of economists to accept Keynesian economics and then criticize it on its own terms. Friedman and Anna Schwartz wrote an influential book, A Monetary History of the United States, 1867-1960, and argued that "inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon." Friedman advocated a central bank policy aimed at keeping the supply and demand for money at equilibrium, as measured by growth in productivity and demand. The former head of the United States Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan, is generally regarded as monetarist in his policy orientation.[clarification needed][citation needed] The European Central Bank officially bases its monetary policy on money supply targets.

No it bloody well isn't you simplistic morons and what do we get as a cure? more of the same.
Raven

I still hate thatcher

Post by Raven »

gmc;1376115 wrote: Yes we could all be american:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:lips: Sorry couldn't resist. :o

Hmmm....thought I heard rumours Britain had applied to become the 51st state so it could save itself from the Germans again! :D
Oscar Namechange

I still hate thatcher

Raven;1376548 wrote: Hmmm....thought I heard rumours Britain had applied to become the 51st state so it could save itself from the Germans again! :D

You'll have to get your time keeping sorted out by then In that case

:yh_rotfl:sneaky::lips:
gmc

I still hate thatcher

Post by gmc »

Raven;1376548 wrote: Hmmm....thought I heard rumours Britain had applied to become the 51st state so it could save itself from the Germans again! :D

Why do you think the Scots want independence.
fuzzywuzzy

I still hate thatcher

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well Ireland tried it and look what happened to them ............and yet we get Charlie over here saying things like he was shocked that we hadn't already.

and it's okay GMC I still hate thatcher too and I didn't have to live under her . She's just a dispicable human being .
theia

I still hate thatcher

Post by theia »

oscar;1376552 wrote: You'll have to get your time keeping sorted out by then In that case

:yh_rotfl:sneaky::lips:

Brilliant :yh_rotfl
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Raven

I still hate thatcher

Post by Raven »

gmc;1376563 wrote: Why do you think the Scots want independence.

and the welsh...and the cornish...and the northern irish...:D

Seriously though..Think the Scots can swing it alone?
Bruv

I still hate thatcher

Post by Bruv »

Raven;1376848 wrote: and the welsh...and the cornish...and the northern irish...:D

Seriously though..Think the Scots can swing it alone?

You haven't being paying attention have you ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Raven

I still hate thatcher

Post by Raven »

Bruv;1376849 wrote: You haven't being paying attention have you ?

Wot? :P
Bruv

I still hate thatcher

Post by Bruv »

gmc has often stated his position on independence, and how much better off they would be.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Raven

I still hate thatcher

Post by Raven »

Bruv;1376851 wrote: gmc has often stated his position on independence, and how much better off they would be.
Yes this is true, but my QUESTION was actually in fact.....does he REALLY think the Scots can swing independence from England without tethering themselves in the same manner to Europe? In essence...exchanging one manster for another? Get me drift, mate? :D
gmc

I still hate thatcher

Post by gmc »

Raven;1376854 wrote: Yes this is true, but my QUESTION was actually in fact.....does he REALLY think the Scots can swing independence from England without tethering themselves in the same manner to Europe? In essence...exchanging one manster for another? Get me drift, mate? :D

I really don't know. From the reaction of the Westminster government they are clearly terrified of scotland declaring independence, the oil revenues were used to subsidise thatcher's tax cuts and all the other daft things they have been doing rather than re-invested in our economy, our fisheries have been destroyed by Westminster politicians desperately buying their way in to europe. The bulk of our trade is with Europe and the dithering about means we really have been left with very little say in what happens in the eurozone which affect us whether we like it or not. We're an oil rich exporting nation that used to be one of the industrial workhouses in europe in our perception that has been total F--n d up by successive Westminster governments of both types and voting SNP is a good way to stick it to a labour party that thinks it has a right to rule. The more Cameron et al tell us we wouldn't succeed the more people will vote for it. If he was daft enough to announce he would not recognise the results of a referendum a yes vote would be a dear cert.

We need europe to trade with, they've done us a lot less harm then westminster.
Clodhopper

I still hate thatcher

Post by Clodhopper »

It's worth remembering the Tories are a Unionist Party: To have part of that Union secede would be the ultimate expression of failure as a Tory. I know you still hate Thatcher, but to what extent are you cutting off your own nose to spite your face? Man. Blair, Brown, Cameron - the Scots have been running the place for decades. What makes you think they'd have made a better fist of running Scotland alone? You seem to assume Scottish politicians running Scotland would have consistently made sensible decisions regarding eg oil and fisheries when Scottish politicians who HAVE run the whole show have achieved little. Oh, apart from the end of boom and bust. Choke gasp.

I dunno. All we hear about Salmond down here is when he's being picky about some triviality designed to cause trouble across the Border. What would you say he's done to improve the daily life of the average family? I am asking because I simply don't know.

chuckle. If you really want to make us pay attention, elect some 6'8" monster with an impenetrable accent and some doubt whether that's clothing or hair. Salmond just doesn't do it. ;)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
gmc

I still hate thatcher

Post by gmc »

Clodhopper;1376931 wrote: It's worth remembering the Tories are a Unionist Party: To have part of that Union secede would be the ultimate expression of failure as a Tory. I know you still hate Thatcher, but to what extent are you cutting off your own nose to spite your face? Man. Blair, Brown, Cameron - the Scots have been running the place for decades. What makes you think they'd have made a better fist of running Scotland alone? You seem to assume Scottish politicians running Scotland would have consistently made sensible decisions regarding eg oil and fisheries when Scottish politicians who HAVE run the whole show have achieved little. Oh, apart from the end of boom and bust. Choke gasp.

I dunno. All we hear about Salmond down here is when he's being picky about some triviality designed to cause trouble across the Border. What would you say he's done to improve the daily life of the average family? I am asking because I simply don't know.

chuckle. If you really want to make us pay attention, elect some 6'8" monster with an impenetrable accent and some doubt whether that's clothing or hair. Salmond just doesn't do it. ;)

That's why I said I really don't know. The SNP have done some good things on the other hand the way they bent over for Donald trump doesn't bode well and more than anything else put me off them plus a couple of the local SNP worthies were caught with their hands in the till. Generally all you can do is vote for the least depressing and keep them on their toes and worried about their jobs. No sign of the MP's taking a cut in pensions is there - after all they are in the public sector - and they wonder why people are striking.

Return to “United Kingdom”