Royal wedding

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Royal wedding

Post by gmc »

Benign indifference are my thought, anyone else?
Odie

Royal wedding

Post by Odie »

I don't care at all for it, way to many commercials, it's on the news a zillion times a day, t.v shows, one was called The New Diana?

It's highly overrated and there is no way I am getting up at 3 am to tune in.

the money spent.....:-2

Thank god I don't live in Britain!
Life is just to short for drama.
Scrat

Royal wedding

Post by Scrat »

I don't even live in Britain and I'm sick of it already. I did hear there was a 30 million dollar price tag on the security.:-2 It seems here the only people interested are the media.
Delorean

Royal wedding

Post by Delorean »

We have football on the opposite channel, sorry Kate and Wills, footy trumps your media circus any day!
CARLA

Royal wedding

Post by CARLA »

Since it happens at 1am on the west coast no much interest on my part may catch highlights on the new.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

gmc

Royal wedding

Post by gmc »

Organiser scrubs only royal wedding street party in Glasgow due to lack of demand - The Daily Record

I've seen some of the foreign coverage, well american anyway, they seem to find it all quite exciting
spot

Royal wedding

Post by spot »

I just saw Royal wedding spoof tops 8 million views: viral video spotlight - Gadgets & Tech, Life & Style - The Independent and it's the first time I've regretted the closure of the Lord Chancellor's Department. T-Mobile should be permanently banned from operating in England.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Royal wedding

Post by CARLA »

I love the spoof the doubles are pretty close it has topped 11 million views in the US.

I just saw Royal wedding spoof tops 8 million views: viral video spotlight - Gadgets & Tech, Life & Style - The Independent and it's the first time I've regretted the closure of the Lord Chancellor's Department. T-Mobile should be permanently banned from operating in England.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

gmc

Royal wedding

Post by gmc »

spot;1358260 wrote: I just saw Royal wedding spoof tops 8 million views: viral video spotlight - Gadgets & Tech, Life & Style - The Independent and it's the first time I've regretted the closure of the Lord Chancellor's Department. T-Mobile should be permanently banned from operating in England.

Why? Royalty and politicians are fair game for being sent up. We have a long history of poking fun at them.
spot

Royal wedding

Post by spot »

gmc;1358263 wrote: Why? Royalty and politicians are fair game for being sent up. We have a long history of poking fun at them.

It was the inclusion of that bearded Druid behaving the way everyone fears he might that raised my eyebrow.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
theia

Royal wedding

Post by theia »

I haven't yet made up my mind as to whether to work or not on Friday. If I decide not to, I think I'll quite enjoy the pageantry.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Royal wedding

Post by spot »

I've booked my seat next to the Pimms. I'll take my own cucumber.
gmc

Royal wedding

Post by gmc »

Wouldn't be so bad if they paid for their own wedding. Nothing against will and kate just what they stand for. Wonder how the army guys and RAF pilots will feel knowing they may face being made redundant shortly - I'd feel tempted to drop a bomb on downing street. Actually I do anyway but I know that is not a terribly constructive approach. In the 21st century we have two public schoolboys running the country and making sure ordinary people don't get to go for further education any more, we are getting ready for a royal shindig, the country is bankrupt and the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer and british soldiers are dying in pointless wars but for the oil companies this time instead of empire. Where is a red flag when you need one?
along-for-the-ride

Royal wedding

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Like any other newly marrried couple, I wish them well. Too much ado is made of a wedding; it's the marriage that counts. IMO
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Royal wedding

Post by Odie »

Prince William has said he doesn't want the traditional fruitcake at the wedding reception.

Prince Philip has said he can sod off, because he's coming whether Wills likes it or not.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
CARLA

Royal wedding

Post by CARLA »

LOL is it over yet??
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Odie

Royal wedding

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1358334 wrote: LOL is it over yet??

oh god I wish!
Betty Boop

Royal wedding

Post by Betty Boop »

CARLA;1358334 wrote: LOL is it over yet??

lol just beginning, watching the guests arriving at Westminster Abbey. Have to, the occasion appears to have been bigged up at my daughters school so she's insisting on watching. I think she'll get bored soon. Off to a party at one, think she'll remember that more :wah:
Delorean

Royal wedding

Post by Delorean »

Odie;1358330 wrote: Prince William has said he doesn't want the traditional fruitcake at the wedding reception.

Prince Philip has said he can sod off, because he's coming whether Wills likes it or not.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
spot

Royal wedding

Post by spot »

She did show up, give her that. And I'm impressed that he's not marrying on the basis of good looks.

The dress was apparently designed by the American film director of Gothic Horror movies, Tim Burton.
Betty Boop

Royal wedding

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1358382 wrote: She did show up, give her that. And I'm impressed that he's not marrying on the basis of good looks.

The dress was apparently designed by the American film director of Gothic Horror movies, Tim Burton.

You, are an evil, evil man! :wah:
Bruv

Royal wedding

Post by Bruv »

spot;1358382 wrote: She did show up, give her that. And I'm impressed that he's not marrying on the basis of good looks.

A typical comment from a closet Royalist in denial ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
mikeinie

Royal wedding

Post by mikeinie »

Brought a TV and antenna into the office today and set it up in a meeting room for people to watch as they wanted, at one point almost all the staff were crammed in there.

What the heck.. it is a bit of fun and something happy all over the tv instead of the usual wars and depression stuff.

Nothing wrong with a bit of happiness for a change.
Odie

Royal wedding

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1358387 wrote: Brought a TV and antenna into the office today and set it up in a meeting room for people to watch as they wanted, at one point almost all the staff were crammed in there.

What the heck.. it is a bit of fun and something happy all over the tv instead of the usual wars and depression stuff.

Nothing wrong with a bit of happiness for a change.

Great idea Mike, of course its exciting!

just watching some highlights, her dress was magnification!
gmc

Royal wedding

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1358386 wrote: A typical comment from a closet Royalist in denial ?

I don't think he is in the closet. although I may be wrong there.

posted by spot

I've booked my seat next to the Pimms. I'll take my own cucumber.

I know it shoudn't but that seems vaguely obscene.

Royal wedding: Big day cake makers McVitie's ban Union flag from Glasgow factory over 'football and sectarian' links - The Daily Record

Royal wedding: Big day cake makers McVitie's ban Union flag from Glasgow factory over 'football and sectarian' links

Before anyone remarks that is silly bear in mind if Catherine Middleton had been catholic she wouldn't have been able to marry her prince. Actually it is silly but then in the states you have pastors burning the koran just to stir things up for the fun of it - what's the difference.
CARLA

Royal wedding

Post by CARLA »

It was a beautiful affair that only the Royal family could pull off. There is no other country on the planet where you would see such a wedding it was grand on every scale they both looked very comfortable.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

CARLA

Royal wedding

Post by CARLA »

I thought her dress was beautiful and suited her perfectly.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Scrat

Royal wedding

Post by Scrat »

I never paid much attention to this affair, I'd usually dive for the remote when the news started blabbing about those 2. Today I watched the BBC and a rundown on the wedding and I can say one thing for certain. Kate Middleton is a really REEEEEAAAALLLLY beautiful woman. I hope the prince considers himself a lucky chap.
spot

Royal wedding

Post by spot »

The phrase "scrubbed up well" springs to mind.
chonsigirl

Royal wedding

Post by chonsigirl »

Very pretty wedding, all the ladies loved talking about it all day long.
LarsMac

Royal wedding

Post by LarsMac »

The wife got up in the wee hours to watch the event.

I confess to being mostly uninterested in such stuff.

They do make a nice couple, and I hope they can always be as happy with each other as they now appear to be.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Royal wedding

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I stayed awake and watch the ceremony live.

What a production - beautiful.

I hope they can remain married with all the rules for their position.

The last few Princess's bailed.

Patsy
flopstock

Royal wedding

Post by flopstock »

Did they ever do a dna test on harry?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

theia

Royal wedding

Post by theia »

I thought it was all very beautiful. We needed some cheering up, if only for a day.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Betty Boop

Royal wedding

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;1358477 wrote: Did they ever do a dna test on harry?

I think they have done, but we'll never know the truth will we :D

theia;1358510 wrote: I thought it was all very beautiful. We needed some cheering up, if only for a day.

I wasn't really planning on watching but did in the end, it was beautiful and moving even for a cynic like me. I feel for Kate, boy how her life is going to change now, the press will never leave her alone, poor woman.
gmc

Royal wedding

Post by gmc »

Wonder what those guardsmen really thought, having possibly post mates because of a lack of body armour or armoured vehicles yet they can find money for a royal wedding, some of them must have felt a little bitter. Nothing personal against the royal family and the alternatives are no real improvement, it's a peculiarly british compromise of a constitution we have. But they are the descendants of brutal warlords who took over and ruled the country by force of arms and slaughtered on a regular basis anyone who didn't like it. We don't owe them anything at all - the freedoms we now enjoy were taken by force from them, not given.
flopstock

Royal wedding

Post by flopstock »

Betty Boop;1358511 wrote: I think they have done, but we'll never know the truth will we :D

I wasn't really planning on watching but did in the end, it was beautiful and moving even for a cynic like me. I feel for Kate, boy how her life is going to change now, the press will never leave her alone, poor woman.

I liked them tooling off in the little convertible, waving at everyone.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

buttercup

Royal wedding

Post by buttercup »

flopstock;1358477 wrote: Did they ever do a dna test on harry?

He really is the spit of James Hewitt lately.
flopstock

Royal wedding

Post by flopstock »

buttercup;1358546 wrote: He really is the spit of James Hewitt lately.

pretty good for someone who says he didn't meet her until two years after harry was born, eh?

buttercup

Royal wedding

Post by buttercup »

Well its not like he's going to admit it hun.
Patsy Warnick

Royal wedding

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Princess Di admitted to the affair during a interview.

During the Royal Wedding - you couldn't help but to notice Harry & how much he looks like Hewitt.

Patsy
buttercup

Royal wedding

Post by buttercup »

Oh well even if its true Charlie wont be the first or last to be raising another man's son as his own, Harry's chances of ever sitting on the throne have to be pretty low, maybe Spot could work out a statistic.
flopstock

Royal wedding

Post by flopstock »

buttercup;1358554 wrote: Well its not like he's going to admit it hun.

Really no need.

That is one of my more positive points for Charles. He's just ignored it.

Attached files

spot

Royal wedding

Post by spot »

buttercup;1358558 wrote: Harry's chances of ever sitting on the throne have to be pretty low, maybe Spot could work out a statistic.Possibly one in four. He's a shoe-in if the happy couple prove mutually infertile, for example.
fuzzywuzzy

Royal wedding

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

there is a very funny photo going around a the moment of her bending down in front of Will. it actually looks like she's taking the public royal wedding kiss a bit too far. and it doesn't help that one of her little flower girls is looking on with her nads over her ears lol lol
Bruv

Royal wedding

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1358588 wrote: there is a very funny photo going around a the moment of her bending down in front of Will. it actually looks like she's taking the public royal wedding kiss a bit too far. and it doesn't help that one of her little flower girls is looking on with her nads over her ears lol lol

With her 'whats' over her ears ?

(Might be an English joke)
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
fuzzywuzzy

Royal wedding

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

sorry mate hands...I meant hands ....

Return to “United Kingdom”