Tony Blair: The Journey

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Ah well he's written his memoirs-anyone likely to buy it?

I hear Gordon Brown's is publishing his on a postage stamp, working title my achievements while in office.
woppy71

Post by woppy71 »

I heard that they were going to do a Tony Blair postage stamp, but the couldn't fit that wide, sickly grin in on s standard sized stamp.

As for buying his memoirs? well, I also heard that Andrex were promoting recycling books into toilet paper, so you never know. :thinking::sneaky:
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Barman

Post by Barman »

gmc;1294704 wrote:

I hear Gordon Brown's is publishing his on a postage stamp, working title my achievements while in office.

That would still leave enough room for his address.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

'Kay, oscar..................where you at? Are you going to stand for this?

:D
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1294704 wrote: Ah well he's written his memoirs-anyone likely to buy it?

Blair's book Is called 'It wasn't me'.

Now look here, you kilt lifting used Jockstrap, I've had enough of this dissing the Main Man.

Face It Sporran features... your Jealous arn't you? You can't admit It but your jealous of His Lovliness's rugged good looks, manly body and chisled features.

Don't you wish you were hot like him?

Dontcha?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

oscar;1294758 wrote: Blair's book Is called 'It wasn't me'.

Now look here, you kilt lifting used Jockstrap, I've had enough of this dissing the Main Man.

Face It Sporran features... your Jealous arn't you? You can't admit It but your jealous of His Lovliness's rugged good looks, manly body and chisled features.

Dontcha?

You go girl! :wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1294758 wrote: Blair's book Is called 'It wasn't me'.

Dontcha?

Where I come from one might describe as heid bummer of the numpties.

make up your miond will you. Are you still one of gordon browns fans or have you joined the BNP
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1294992 wrote: Where I come from one might describe as heid bummer of the numpties.

make up your miond will you. Are you still one of gordon browns fans or have you joined the BNP
And how many times do I have to tell you... You big Girls Blouse.

Yes, I have joined the BNP BUT... I still believe Gordon Brown Is a good Prime Minister... It's the morons he surrounds himself with that I Object to.

Gordon Is sexy and your Jealous of his over-all Lovliness :p
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1295006 wrote: And how many times do I have to tell you... You big Girls Blouse.

Yes, I have joined the BNP BUT... I still believe Gordon Brown Is a good Prime Minister... It's the morons he surrounds himself with that I Object to.

Gordon Is sexy and your Jealous of his over-all Lovliness :p

For me it's the morons that think he is wonderful and have joined the BNP I find objectionable. If you could actually conduct a debate without resorting to childish insults, racist comments and inane blatherings it would be quite interesting reading your threads but quite frankly I am getting fed up.

There are some political viewpoints you can disagree with and argue about but the BNP and UKIP are beyond the pale. Facts and reality are beyond their ken and it's pointless reasoning with them. I don't know personally any BNP members since they are rarer than tories in Scotland but the UKIP activists I have met are on a different planet from everybody else. I've met some that don't know there was a referendum in the seventies-that believe we have very little trade with europe and it would make very little difference if we lost it altogether. they have never heard of things like the regional development fund or appreciate the difference it has actually made in Scotland and the north of england as well come to that and that most of their would be constituents are a lot brighter and better educated than they give then credit for. The lack of response they get is not down to the stunned admiration their perspicacity but strained politeness as people bite their tongues and refrain from telling them to F--8 off.

There's no point going through the BNP manifesto with you and pointing out where the economic and constitutional policies would be a disaster for the UK because you don't want to know.

I don't know who will win the next election. I hope brown loses his seat and darling as well because they certainly deserve to.

Hung parliament-here's hoping. Mind you Ii notice the daily mail is now running scare stories about how a hung parliament would be a disaster.

Hung Parliament would be good for Clegg - and very bad news for Britain | Mail Online

Political blogger Guido Fawkes has plotted a graph which shows that when Labour poll ratings rally the pound crashes and when Labour poll ratings slide then sterling is strengthened.

You have to laugh Guido fawkes-his namesake wanted to blow up parliament and replace it with an absolutist catholic monarchy-hardly an inspiring exponent of freedom and liberty. It's sad when people forget why we have traditions like burning a guy in the first place. The pope's coming to britain and calling for the reformation to be overturned. I'm not a christian but if I had been around in those days I'm fairly sure I would not be fighting for the divine right of kings.

Return to “United Kingdom”