MyDavidCameron.com: airbrushed for change

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Maybe we should vote for the party with the funniest spoofs-let's face it their policies are no laughing matter.

YouTube - MyDavidCameron.com: airbrushed for change

YouTube - David Cameron sings Common People
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1290544 wrote: Maybe we should vote for the party with the funniest spoofs-let's face it their policies are no laughing matter.

YouTube - MyDavidCameron.com: airbrushed for change

YouTube - David Cameron sings Common People
Giving His Lovliness a rest now are we?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1290740 wrote: Giving His Lovliness a rest now are we?

No. he hasn't done anything funny yet.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1290930 wrote: No. he hasn't done anything funny yet. Oh I don't know. His reign as Chancellor was pretty hilarious.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1290953 wrote: Oh I don't know. His reign as Chancellor was pretty hilarious.

What so now you agree he has been one of the worst chancellors in history?
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1290957 wrote: What so now you agree he has been one of the worst chancellors in history? NO... The selling of the Uk's gold reserve at rock bottom was pretty dumb but Imagine If Blair had got his way and we entered the ERM? He should be applauded for keeping us out of the ERM or we'd be In pretty much the same straights as Hungary, Spain and Greece right now.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1290958 wrote: NO... The selling of the Uk's gold reserve at rock bottom was pretty dumb but Imagine If Blair had got his way and we entered the ERM? He should be applauded for keeping us out of the ERM or we'd be In pretty much the same straights as Hungary, Spain and Greece right now.

So what problems do you think they have and why are they due to the ERM?
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1290969 wrote: So what problems do you think they have and why are they due to the ERM?
Have a look at the Greek Economy.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1291062 wrote: Have a look at the Greek Economy.

So you can't answer the question then. Didn't think you could.:D
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1291093 wrote: So you can't answer the question then. Didn't think you could.:D
I can answer the question Auld Yin and If you Insist, I shall return when I have more time. If you want a serious debate on It, i'm happy to do so. Sorry but I'm pressed for time these days and late at night, I can't be arssed and I've usually had my medication. I will come back to It if your serious.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1291198 wrote: I can answer the question Auld Yin and If you Insist, I shall return when I have more time. If you want a serious debate on It, i'm happy to do so. Sorry but I'm pressed for time these days and late at night, I can't be arssed and I've usually had my medication. I will come back to It if your serious.

Of course I'm serious because i think you are just doing the usual bnp ukip thing of coming out with statements on the assumption that no one will challenge and you just accept what was in the last party brochure you read. I find the far left do the same thing, quote facts and statistics they have made up or believe without checking and can't handle it when anyone challenges them. It's even funnier when you realise it doesn't occur to them you might do the same thing so you can spout utter rubbish and they just believe it.

Spain and hungary are doing quite well out of the eu and the problems greece is having aren't due to membership of it. Unless of course you know differently and can actually put a case.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1291262 wrote: Of course I'm serious because i think you are just doing the usual bnp ukip thing of coming out with statements on the assumption that no one will challenge and you just accept what was in the last party brochure you read. I find the far left do the same thing, quote facts and statistics they have made up or believe without checking and can't handle it when anyone challenges them. It's even funnier when you realise it doesn't occur to them you might do the same thing so you can spout utter rubbish and they just believe it.

Spain and hungary are doing quite well out of the eu and the problems greece is having aren't due to membership of it. Unless of course you know differently and can actually put a case.
I can't put the case better myself than was written In the Mail last week. It's pointless my trying to put my case when this link sums up the situation perfectly.

Greece debt crisis: Europe's deluded leaders see Euro falter | Mail Online

Why are you for a single currency? Surely that's Totalitarianism something I thought you's be against If you support an Independent Scotland?
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1291439 wrote: I can't put the case better myself than was written In the Mail last week. It's pointless my trying to put my case when this link sums up the situation perfectly.

Greece debt crisis: Europe's deluded leaders see Euro falter | Mail Online

Why are you for a single currency? Surely that's Totalitarianism something I thought you's be against If you support an Independent Scotland?

That's opinion hardly a well put case.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1291537 wrote: That's opinion hardly a well put case.
And you didn't answer my question. Are you for a Totalitarianism single currency?

Do you not think the cost of converting to the Euro would devastate our economy?
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1291552 wrote: And you didn't answer my question. Are you for a Totalitarianism single currency?

Do you not think the cost of converting to the Euro would devastate our economy?

The UK has a single currency so does the united states is that totalitarian or simply a convenient way to expedite commerce?

So what problems do you think they have and why are they due to the ERM?

You're still dodging the question as per usual. Like all ukip and bnp you speak in a kind of brochure speak throwing pejorative words like totalitarianism because they think it will silence debate and they usually haven't thought things through and are incapable actually putting their case in a reasonable manner, and in your case without referral to some daily mail article. I'm not wasting my time getting in to a dialogue because one way dialogues just aren't any fun.

Totalitarian is an interesting word isn't it? If you think about it it describes the catholic church to a tee but you are not allowed to say those kind of things nowadays if you a protestant because it's bigotry and when you point out that's what christian/muslim fundamentalism is you are being offensive.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1291556 wrote:

Totalitarian is an interesting word isn't it? If you think about it it describes the catholic church to a tee but you are not allowed to say those kind of things nowadays if you a protestant because it's bigotry and when you point out that's what christian/muslim fundamentalism is you are being offensive.
That's another thread entirely.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1291614 wrote: That's another thread entirely.

It was an aside oscar. Still dodging I see.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1291657 wrote: It was an aside oscar. Still dodging I see. And you swerved on the cost to our economy converting to the Euro.
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1291673 wrote: And you swerved on the cost to our economy converting to the Euro.

You have a habit of dodging answering questions by asking another and trying to change the subject.

You tell me why you think the problems greece, spain amd hungary are having are due to their membership of the ERM and I will answer your question.

But you can't can you because you don't have an opinion on the matter you just read it somewhere and you think it makes you sound well informed.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1291891 wrote: You have a habit of dodging answering questions by asking another and trying to change the subject.

You tell me why you think the problems greece, spain amd hungary are having are due to their membership of the ERM and I will answer your question.

But you can't can you because you don't have an opinion on the matter you just read it somewhere and you think it makes you sound well informed.
Sorry my little kilted one but your wrong.

Yes, I do read alot but lately I just don't have much time for the diatribes I used to write here. I pop In every day for a snoop but often It's very late at night.

Your still dodging the question. Are you for a single currency? Or are you just answering my questions with another question?
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1291998 wrote: Sorry my little kilted one but your wrong.

Yes, I do read alot but lately I just don't have much time for the diatribes I used to write here. I pop In every day for a snoop but often It's very late at night.

Your still dodging the question. Are you for a single currency? Or are you just answering my questions with another question?

You made a sweeping generalisation

He should be applauded for keeping us out of the ERM or we'd be In pretty much the same straights as Hungary, Spain and Greece right now.

You can't back it up all you have is an opinion someone else has given you.

As to the single currency. we are a trading nation, without exports we cease to be viable economically. Maggie Thatchers service based economy is the deluded imaginings of a monetarist acolyte and that monetarist nonsense has come home to roost with a vengeance. The bulk of our trade is with the eu, we are no longer attracting inward investment as companies are fed up with the holey cokey ravings of our political establishment. That inward investment maggie thatcher was so proud of taking the credit for was thanks to our joining the EU not her policies. We should have joined the eec at the very beginning instead of having to go begging to get in later. If we are not careful we will become a once great nation on a small island off the coast of europe whose politicians will become increasingly irrelevant. Does the UK need to be a member of the eu? yes? does europe need us? it would be nice to think they do but the answer is they actually don't. Should we be using the euro? if the exchange rate is detrimental to trade companies will simply move to hungary and estonia, and spain to manufacture. Stability in costs matters a great deal, not being in the euro is an added complication for anyone trading, sometimes the exchange rate works in their favour at other times it does not, if they don't need to trade with the UK because the market is not big enough our being in the single currency won't matter a whit.

Next time you go down the high street just have a look at all the cars we have imported that are made in hungary, yugoslavia and spain and estonia of all places. Companies are looking to expand trade in to russia and we are going to lose out. How long do you think nissan and Toyota will hang about before they shift everything abroad cos it's simpler, cheaper and they don't have the added problem of fluctuation exchange rates all the time.

Rather than feeling sorry form ourselves and hard done by by the EU we should be far more positive about it and take a more active part. We will still have to obey european laws whether we want to or not.

Return to “United Kingdom”