put gordon in the dock

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

put gordon in the dock

Post by gmc »

1351 Liberal Democrat foreign affairs spokesman Ed Davey says of Mr Campbell's evidence: "This shows Gordon Brown's hands-on involvement in the decision to invade Iraq. It's clear that Brown not only wrote the cheques but also played an important part in making the decision to go to war."

BBC News - Alastair Campbell faces Iraq inquiry - LIVE

So gordon won't be appearing till after the next election what a surprise-does anyone still think he is fit to be prime minister?
Oscar Namechange

put gordon in the dock

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1281537 wrote: 1

BBC News - Alastair Campbell faces Iraq inquiry - LIVE

So gordon won't be appearing till after the next election what a surprise-does anyone still think he is fit to be prime minister?
Why Gordon Brown? I thought you held the whole Cabinet responsible?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

put gordon in the dock

Post by gmc »

oscar;1281580 wrote: Why Gordon Brown? I thought you held the whole Cabinet responsible?

They were and so was parliament for not stopping this when it became apparent Blair had been lying. However, gordon is the main propagator of the delusion that nothing that happens has anything to do with him. We are bankrupt, a laughing stock, our economy is down the toilet and he acts as if he has no responsibility for it all. He may in fact be insane.

The labour manifesto for the next to election has a working title of !it wasn't us"
Oscar Namechange

put gordon in the dock

gmc;1281616 wrote: They were and so was parliament for not stopping this when it became apparent Blair had been lying. However, gordon is the main propagator of the delusion that nothing that happens has anything to do with him. We are bankrupt, a laughing stock, our economy is down the toilet and he acts as if he has no responsibility for it all. He may in fact be insane.

The labour manifesto for the next to election has a working title of !it wasn't us"
I have a suspicion that Brown didn't give a toss at the time due to having his eye ( or one eye ) on No 10. He probably knew full well that If It went tits up in Iraq, Blair would get the blame and he's get No 10. Anything you ever read on Brown written by his peers always tells of how devious and Under-hand he is.

I do actually still believe that GB has down a good Job in steering us out of the recession. We are not by far as bad off as some Imagine or want to believe. The Tories is the polls are accurate can not win an election on a 9% lead over Labour. If the Tories were to succeed, the country would be subjected to deep cuts in all services making them extremely un-popular. Then you will be looking at a landslide victory for Labour 5 years later.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

put gordon in the dock

Post by gmc »

oscar;1281617 wrote: I have a suspicion that Brown didn't give a toss at the time due to having his eye ( or one eye ) on No 10. He probably knew full well that If It went tits up in Iraq, Blair would get the blame and he's get No 10. Anything you ever read on Brown written by his peers always tells of how devious and Under-hand he is.

I do actually still believe that GB has down a good Job in steering us out of the recession. We are not by far as bad off as some Imagine or want to believe. The Tories is the polls are accurate can not win an election on a 9% lead over Labour. If the Tories were to succeed, the country would be subjected to deep cuts in all services making them extremely un-popular. Then you will be looking at a landslide victory for Labour 5 years later.

he did a bloody good job of steering us in to it. As you watch the santander name going up on all the high streets perhaps you will pause to wonder what the spanish regulators were doing differently. mind you thatcher started the ball rolling didn't she.

Who has been the most destructive prime minister of the last forty years-thatcher, Blair or brown?
Oscar Namechange

put gordon in the dock

gmc;1281631 wrote: he did a bloody good job of steering us in to it. As you watch the santander name going up on all the high streets perhaps you will pause to wonder what the spanish regulators were doing differently. mind you thatcher started the ball rolling didn't she.

Who has been the most destructive prime minister of the last forty years-thatcher, Blair or brown? I bank with Santander :wah:

It's got to be Blair. He's suppassed Maggie. It because of him and his looney leftie's that the criminal has more human rights than the victem. Why our schools and hospitals are run by Whitehall and why Muslims like 'Choudrey' can scream abuse at our troops. Blair gave it all to them on a plate.
gmc

put gordon in the dock

Post by gmc »

oscar;1281651 wrote: I bank with Santander :wah:

It's got to be Blair. He's suppassed Maggie. It because of him and his looney leftie's that the criminal has more human rights than the victem. Why our schools and hospitals are run by Whitehall and why Muslims like 'Choudrey' can scream abuse at our troops. Blair gave it all to them on a plate.

Hardly loony leftie, if they were maybe they would clobber the banks the way they deserve-but I would agree with you about blair-but he is no longer in power, thatcher destroyed something in the heart of the uk and left only despair but you can't go on blaming her and tony for all that's wrong. I suspect if choudry had gone ahead I think middle britain would have finally snapped and risen in rebellion and there would have been a riot.
Oscar Namechange

put gordon in the dock

gmc;1281798 wrote: Hardly loony leftie, if they were maybe they would clobber the banks the way they deserve-but I would agree with you about blair-but he is no longer in power, thatcher destroyed something in the heart of the uk and left only despair but you can't go on blaming her and tony for all that's wrong. I suspect if choudry had gone ahead I think middle britain would have finally snapped and risen in rebellion and there would have been a riot. Having sat on Council Housing, One of the most damaging aspects of Maggie's rule was 'The Right to buy' council houses at reduced prices. The effects are still being felt and one of the reasons for mass building today on Greenbelt. All It did at the time was paper over the cracks by supplying money to councils but the long term effects on council housing were devastating.

I still say Blair has to be more damaging than her.

As for Choudry... what an arssehole? I saw him in an Interview on tv with one of the parents of a troop lost in Iraq. I see yesterday that the Government finally got round to banning his outfit and about time. The BNP have been challenged by his outfit to meet on the streets of Wooten Basset. I think the Government realised that you were right... folk would have taken to the streets If some-thing had not been done quickly. Last night on the news, an Interviewer asked Choudrey why he accepted Benifit money If he was so against Britain. His reply was that British benifit money belonged to Allah !!! Right, well he can pisse off back to Iraq then !!!
Chookie

put gordon in the dock

Post by Chookie »

oscar;1281849 wrote: Right, well he can pisse off back to Iraq then !!!

Huh. Iraq wouldn't have him. As far as Bliar, Brown and Thatcher go, I still think Dear Old Maggie was a gift to those of us who want to break up the UK, but she is stull (deservedly hated and reviled in Scotland, Wales and Northern England. The Bliar/Brown thing is a bit more complex. Bliar lied to everybody, left, right and centre (OK, he lied to Psrliament too, but that's an everyday occurrence).

Bliar took us into an illegal "war" to fill pockets, but Gordon the Glaikit used our money to pay for it. Money which could have been used for hospitals, education or transport infrastructure.

Politicians (at all levels) would be a helluva lot more honest (or at least, more circumspect) if they were required to stand trial for their actions after their period in office ended.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Oscar Namechange

put gordon in the dock

Chookie;1282003 wrote: Huh. Iraq wouldn't have him. As far as Bliar, Brown and Thatcher go, I still think Dear Old Maggie was a gift to those of us who want to break up the UK, but she is stull (deservedly hated and reviled in Scotland, Wales and Northern England. The Bliar/Brown thing is a bit more complex. Bliar lied to everybody, left, right and centre (OK, he lied to Psrliament too, but that's an everyday occurrence).

Bliar took us into an illegal "war" to fill pockets, but Gordon the Glaikit used our money to pay for it. Money which could have been used for hospitals, education or transport infrastructure.

Politicians (at all levels) would be a helluva lot more honest (or at least, more circumspect) if they were required to stand trial for their actions after their period in office ended. Happy Hogmany Your Chookiness.

You make some good points. I don't believe the public will ever know the real shannaghans that went on with the Blair/Brown pact until one of them publishes their memoirs but then that will be full of lies If it's Blair. The Blair/ Bush pact seems more devious than anything else. I do believe Brown did what he did to not only survive but to get into No 10.
gmc

put gordon in the dock

Post by gmc »

oscar;1282029 wrote: Happy Hogmany Your Chookiness.

You make some good points. I don't believe the public will ever know the real shannaghans that went on with the Blair/Brown pact until one of them publishes their memoirs but then that will be full of lies If it's Blair. The Blair/ Bush pact seems more devious than anything else. I do believe Brown did what he did to not only survive but to get into No 10.

So you are finally seeing gordon brown or what he is-a sleekit wee moron. He has done an incredible amount of damage to this country as chancellor. This debacle with financial services started with maggie but brown has played a big part in letting the UK follow on with the lunacy.
Oscar Namechange

put gordon in the dock

gmc;1282094 wrote: So you are finally seeing gordon brown or what he is-a sleekit wee moron. He has done an incredible amount of damage to this country as chancellor. This debacle with financial services started with maggie but brown has played a big part in letting the UK follow on with the lunacy.
He has done no more or no less than any other Politician with his eye on No 10. No Politician gets to the top with out some Shannaghans or are you In some deluded little world where you think they are all honest and love each other? :yh_rotfl
gmc

put gordon in the dock

Post by gmc »

oscar;1282171 wrote: He has done no more or no less than any other Politician with his eye on No 10. No Politician gets to the top with out some Shannaghans or are you In some deluded little world where you think they are all honest and love each other? :yh_rotfl

No, but there is no reason why anyone should accept that kind of behaviour. Do you now see yourself as one of that great club of lying shysters?
Oscar Namechange

put gordon in the dock

gmc;1282176 wrote: No, but there is no reason why anyone should accept that kind of behaviour. Do you now see yourself as one of that great club of lying shysters? NO :p

Return to “United Kingdom”