You ***** !

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

You ***** !

Post by gmc »

Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway

Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway | UK news | The Guardian

Gordon Brown is one too.

Any dissenters?
Bryn Mawr

You ***** !

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1272490 wrote: Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway | UK news | The Guardian

Gordon Brown is one too.

Any dissenters?

What does he mean "would have"? He did!

It came out, early in the enquiry, that the Intelligence Services reported, quite specifically, that in there opinion there were no WMDs in Iraq ten days before the start off the war.

From that point on he was deliberately and knowingly lying to the British people.
Oscar Namechange

You ***** !

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1272490 wrote: Tony Blair admits: I would have invaded Iraq anyway | UK news | The Guardian

Gordon Brown is one too.

Any dissenters? So he has finally said what we have known for most of the time. For one, I believe It is against the Geneva convention to Invade a Soveriegn Country for no reason. There was a very Interesting Interview with Hans Blix the weapons Inspector last week in the Mail and he said that Blair was talking with Bush about Invading as far back as 2002. Blix had carried out extensive coverage of Iraq and he said he found little more than rocket grenades, certainly no WMD's although they did find a very small trace of chemical that could be used as Mustard gas as was used on the Kurds... Certainly not enough to pose any kind of threat to any other country as Blair made out to our population. After extensive and time consuming searches, Blix actually advised Bush and Blair that there was absolutely no evidence of WMD'a and asked for another three weeks to complete the search thoroughly. he was refused and orders were Immediately given to Invade. It's highly likely Blix will give evidence in the Chillcot Enquirey making life difficult for Blair and Bush. his evidence could make all the difference If decided that they broke the Geneva Convention and are guilty of war crimes. I would not be at all surprised if he has an unexplained car crash in the next few weeks.

Also of Interest this week is that several Doctors have called for a new enquirey into Dr David Kelly's alleged suicide as they are convinced he was murdered and several facts relating to his death are deeply flawed.

Even though Sadam did gas the Kurds, the appropriate action would be his arrest and trial for genocide and war crimes... not to Invade Iraq. There was the Illegal Invasion of Kuwait by the Iraqi Elite Guard but that could also have been dealt with quickly and without full scale Invasion into Iraq.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

You ***** !

Post by Snowfire »

Bush and Blair should be dragged before the beak and tried for their crimes
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Betty Boop

You ***** !

Post by Betty Boop »

Snowfire;1272606 wrote: Bush and Blair should be dragged before the beak and tried for their crimes

Damn right they should, along with Obama and Brown for allowing it to continue.
gmc

You ***** !

Post by gmc »

and all the MP's that went along with it. Blair does not have presidential powers he could have been stopped at any time and all the troops pulled- all it would have taken is for MP's to stand up and say no. We really need major parliamentary reform I just hope the next election sees most of the present shower losing their seats.

Personally any MP who deliberately committed fraud even if it was within the rules should have all pension rights stripped away from them and declared bankrupt. You try defrauding the tax man or even not paying your bill on time and see how much justice you can get from HMRC. But of course they claim parliamentary privilege-no wonder they didn't want us to know.

The forumgarden censor surprises me. It seems to have a hang up about he most innocuous if insults.

Return to “United Kingdom”