Tony Blair could be EU President

A forum to discuss local issues in the UK.
gmc

Post by gmc »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ident.html

You know I was around to vote in the referendum on joining the EEC-you know the one UKIP like to pretend never took place-I've supported it ever since. Tell you what though if this lying two faced hypocritical bastard gets to be president I think I'll join UKIP.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I gave up when he became a peace envoy to the Middle East :mad:
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Berlusconie would have been a better choice over him.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

Gordon Brown will actively lobby EU leaders to install Tony Blair as Europe's first president, it has emerged.

Read more: Gordon Brown gives 'Boney Tony' his stamp of approval to be President of Europe | Mail Online

:-5:-5:-5:-5 How did we end with these clowns running the country. They just don;t get it do they? how can anyone ion the labour party doesn't understand they have destroyed the labour party is beyond me.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

OK, I am not from England, and I also did not support the invasion of Iraq, despite not being a fan of Suddam Hussein, it was clear that the reason for the invasion lacked any real proof and it was not sanctioned by the UN.

However, as a Statesman, and a politician, I thought Tony Blair was very good. He showed great leadership, was an excellent speaker, and more so that any politician I have ever seen, put himself forward to the media and directly to the people through talk shows to discuss the debatable topics.

I actually really liked the guy, I didn’t agree with everything, but I liked him.

OK, you can all go ahead and start ripping me apart now. :-3
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Bleedin' Norah, what's the world coming to?

Ah well, him and his cronies have ballsed up this country he might as well be let loose on Europe too.................
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
gmc

Post by gmc »

mikeinie;1256892 wrote: OK, I am not from England, and I also did not support the invasion of Iraq, despite not being a fan of Suddam Hussein, it was clear that the reason for the invasion lacked any real proof and it was not sanctioned by the UN.

However, as a Statesman, and a politician, I thought Tony Blair was very good. He showed great leadership, was an excellent speaker, and more so that any politician I have ever seen, put himself forward to the media and directly to the people through talk shows to discuss the debatable topics.

I actually really liked the guy, I didn’t agree with everything, but I liked him.

OK, you can all go ahead and start ripping me apart now. :-3

He may be a charming man but he is still a liar and led this nation to war with a country for no good reason except his own delusions and he deliberately falsified evidence to get them to agree Once it became clear that he had parliament should have passed a vote of no confidence. He is not a president parliament is the sovereign power and they could have got rid of them any time. Our whole parliamentary system has failed. He has presided over a corruption of our political system unprecedented in modern times. He's bankrupted us and made our moral standing in the world a joke.

Great leader :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl great tosser more like.

Just to remind you of some of the issues of the time.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Cook's resignation speech

Pity he died-he was the only one that showed any kind of integrity had he lived we might have seen blair's time cut short. Gordon Brown is an even bigger disaster both as chancellor and now prime minister.

It's enough to make you vote bnp snp co-op any bloody party but the two main ones. I don't think our leaders understand how angry people are getting.

I can't believe anybody in europe would actually want him cleaning their toilets never mind president of the EU
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

gmc;1256910 wrote: He may be a charming man but he is still a liar and led this nation to war with a country for no good reason except his own delusions and he deliberately falsified evidence to get them to agree Once it became clear that he had parliament should have passed a vote of no confidence. He is not a president parliament is the sovereign power and they could have got rid of them any time. Our whole parliamentary system has failed. He has presided over a corruption of our political system unprecedented in modern times. He's bankrupted us and made our moral standing in the world a joke.

Great leader :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl great tosser more like.

Just to remind you of some of the issues of the time.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Cook's resignation speech

Pity he died-he was the only one that showed any kind of integrity had he lived we might have seen blair's time cut short. Gordon Brown is an even bigger disaster both as chancellor and now prime minister.

It's enough to make you vote bnp snp co-op any bloody party but the two main ones. I don't think our leaders understand how angry people are getting.

I can't believe anybody in europe would actually want him cleaning their toilets never mind president of the EU

:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap well said
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Raven

Post by Raven »

Well at least now we know who REALLY runs the country! Peter Mandelson!:yh_rotfl
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
gmc

Post by gmc »

Raven;1260206 wrote: Well at least now we know who REALLY runs the country! Peter Mandelson!:yh_rotfl

Scary isn't it-who elected him? I think the leadership of the labour party are completely divorced from reality.
Raven

Post by Raven »

gmc;1260264 wrote: Scary isn't it-who elected him? I think the leadership of the labour party are completely divorced from reality.
It is enough to make you really wonder. C'mon! They cant be that stupid! So what are they up to...really! :thinking:
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Yes they can. They have been screwing with us for the past 80 years or so (the Tories and LibDums are no better either).

It's time to man the barricades............
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Raven

Post by Raven »

I would just really like to know what they are trying at. First Gordo bullies himself into No. 10 and then absolutely REFUSES a general election. He promised a referendum on Lisbon, but reneges on that too. Petey comes back and is made a lord hi and mighty, and pffffft goes the post office, and britain is in the worst recession EVER! They all get caught out filling their own pockets with tax payer money, and noone asks why the country is broke? And can someone PLEASE explain to me why Gordo is selling off the crown jewels? (Not literally...but then again, who knows, maybe he is)

If half of them sold off their mansions and put the money back where they took it from, Britain would be in surplus!:thinking:
gmc

Post by gmc »

Raven;1260449 wrote: I would just really like to know what they are trying at. First Gordo bullies himself into No. 10 and then absolutely REFUSES a general election. He promised a referendum on Lisbon, but reneges on that too. Petey comes back and is made a lord hi and mighty, and pffffft goes the post office, and britain is in the worst recession EVER! They all get caught out filling their own pockets with tax payer money, and noone asks why the country is broke? And can someone PLEASE explain to me why Gordo is selling off the crown jewels? (Not literally...but then again, who knows, maybe he is)

If half of them sold off their mansions and put the money back where they took it from, Britain would be in surplus!:thinking:

Parliament is sovereign any time tony blair could have been kicked out or called to task, al it takes is enough MP's. Our electoral system is such that a party can have 35% of the vote and end up with so many seats no one can stop them. Party machines rule and it's hard for anyone of independent mind to get a seat. It's punch and judy politics where the means have become the end. It's going to take a seismic shift to change things.

In scotland we would have a labour dominated parliament-we don't because of proportional representation and labour are scared for once that they lose their grip. Even the tories like it up here as without it there would be no tory MSP''s. The next election might change things but both the major parties have a vested interest in keeping nothings as they are as without first past the post neither would ever get to govern on their own.

I don't think they're up to anything except suffering from the delusion they have been doing a good job. It's like living in a never ending episode of the emperor's new clothes with all the courtiers lining up to say how all right everything is. Tony Blair must be the biggest fantasist of the lot. What i don;t understand is who are these idiots that pay to hear him speak. Paying to throw bricks at him-now that i would do.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well, I think that if pratt Bliar (yes I have spelt it correctly !) becomes 'president' of flamin Europe, then I believe he is in the right place for him. Chief Pratt lording it over all the other pratts. There are sooooooo many things that this country should not have done, and one of them is joining flamin Europe ! Mark my words, we will be the new third world country, kept in our place by the bullying fist of Europe.

I also doubt very much that there is a hidden plan, none of our MPs are clever enough to think of such things.

Somebody said to me (an Australian) not very long ago, that this country should rise up in rebellion against what our pathetic government has done and continues to do to our country. But guess what..........................the people are all talk and no action, and the government laughs at us. I'm too old to lead a rebellion, but I aint too old to be one of the front people in the crowd.

I am proud to say that my husband and son took part in the first massive march in London against going into Iraq - I was not able to do the walk else I would have been there too. They also took part in other marches in London, about the same thing.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
gmc

Post by gmc »

G#Gill;1260473 wrote: Well, I think that if pratt Bliar (yes I have spelt it correctly !) becomes 'president' of flamin Europe, then I believe he is in the right place for him. Chief Pratt lording it over all the other pratts. There are sooooooo many things that this country should not have done, and one of them is joining flamin Europe ! Mark my words, we will be the new third world country, kept in our place by the bullying fist of Europe.

I also doubt very much that there is a hidden plan, none of our MPs are clever enough to think of such things.

Somebody said to me (an Australian) not very long ago, that this country should rise up in rebellion against what our pathetic government has done and continues to do to our country. But guess what..........................the people are all talk and no action, and the government laughs at us. I'm too old to lead a rebellion, but I aint too old to be one of the front people in the crowd.

I am proud to say that my husband and son took part in the first massive march in London against going into Iraq - I was not able to do the walk else I would have been there too. They also took part in other marches in London, about the same thing.

We might end up a third world country but it won't be because of europe. Take a drive round any industrial estate in the UK-the bulk of our trade is with european countries and those foreign owned companies-that inward investment Maggie thatcher used to be so proud of is because of our membership of the EU nothing her government did. If we hadn't been in the EU they would never have come here. Now it's British factories that get shut down first when a multinational heeds to cut back because of our refusal to join in the social contract and adopt eu employment legislation it's cheaper to shut british factories than European ones. Maggie is the one ho destyrpyed us as an industrial nation-monetarism and the notion we could best survive as a service economy based on financial services. Tony Blair and that arsehole gordon brown followed the same demented logic now it's all coming home to roost.

We live or die on trade we need to be members of the EU. If we are not members we will still have to obey all the legislation in order to trade with eu countries but will have no say in what those laws contain.

We didn't join the EEC at the very beginning because of this demented idea that we didn't need to trade with anyone but they needed us and could stand alone with our empire. We had to beg on bended knee to get in in the seventies-it was the wartime generation that went to the polls and voted for us to join much to the surprise of the right wing establishment that still clung to illusions of grandeur. That is something UKIP like to forget about just as they like to ignore the reality of who we trade with. The opportunities are in eastern europe and the far east not america and standing alone-we are not a big enough trading nation to be able to negotiate on our own if you want to live in a third world country just vote ukip. It's not the civil service and financial services that made us a great nation it was dirty factories and making things.

The EU is not a perfect organisation but we can't afford to pretend it doesn't exist or that we need to be a part of it. I just can't believe anyone in europe would want him as president or indeed have anything to do with him at all.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks for that , gmc. As you can tell, I am not very politically or economically literate. I just know how I feel about certain things, having tried to decipher various articles and various TV discussion programmes. :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
gmc

Post by gmc »

some bits you won't read in the daily mail.

European Movement UK: Britain and the EU

David Cameron's plan to save Britain from the EU's clutches: will it work? - Telegraph
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1260746 wrote: some bits you won't read in the daily mail.

European Movement UK: Britain and the EU

David Cameron's plan to save Britain from the EU's clutches: will it work? - Telegraph
I have never been in any doubt that Bliar for Pres of Euroworld was a done deal between him and His Gorgeousness a very long time ago. I think It was set In stone very shortly after Gordon moved in to No 10. Now It has come more of a reality and the time of the crowning is nigh, everyone is having an epi over It becoming a reality and they are worried as heck... hence Mandy ruffling his feathers.

If Bliar is crowned King of Euroworld, I will move to the US and join the US Military. The thought is akin to a Pythonesque Surreal dream that you don't wake from.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Blackadder

Post by Blackadder »

Blair should hang for high treason. Hmm (loving liberal) but we can't have the death penalty because nobody should be responsible for his death.

I will join the queue now.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Blackadder;1265262 wrote: Blair should hang for high treason. Hmm (loving liberal) but we can't have the death penalty because nobody should be responsible for his death.

I will join the queue now.

No, he should be tried for war crimes - first things first.

Return to “United Kingdom”